How can alliance win AV?

seriously, this thread doesn’t need the traditional alliance AV jokes. theres loads of places for them already.

EDIT am trying to complete the quest “The Battle of Alterac”, win AV.

of course, EDIT would love to win more AV’s for faster rep and honor, but EDIT would settle on just the one win, then sadistically sit through loss after loss then to get to exalted.

is there any groups or just anything that can help get a win. just sat through 5 AV losses, and alliance cant even cap a gy. and no, no galv either.

this is painful, EDIT enjoyed pvp in the past for most of retail, but its just painful for EDIT in classic :frowning: (warrior). EDIT just want to complete the quest at this point.

edited out the 5 “i”'s and 1 “me” as someone found them offensive.

2 Likes

U should count the amount of time u use… ME… or… I
After u done… Go count the amount of AV cry/whine topics…

Now when u done counting, can u please explain why this topic is realy needed?
And ur answer cannot contain, “i want” “i need” “me want”

This thread is about completing the quest.

YOU cant read.

YOUR input was useless.

are YOU happy now?

10 Likes

Wow this is pretty much masked cry post, and how to win AV, cap SFGY or rush Hut

1 Like

I assume many alliance players who join AV have the same mentality you do, and that is part of the reason why you lose.

To win you need have enough teammates who actually:

1. Knows how to PvP.
  2. Is level 60 with decent PvP gear and PvP talents.
  3. Wants to win, not just “finish a quest” or “farm rep” or “farm honor” (lets be honest, basically nobody farms honor in AV on alliance now)
  4. Don’t use stupid rush tactics, trying to “go around” the horde because they hunt you down mercilessly. Take SFGY, stay until you control it, then push IBGY, etc, and expect the game to last 1h. That’s probably your best chance.

Sadly your chance of winning is bad atm, due to Horde having advantage on all those 4 points plus some map advantage on top of all that.

1 Like

what mentality is that? for pretty much all my retail pvp lifetime i’ve been a 50-50 player, and im happy with that. but AV just seems like a 99.9% lose game from the way people go on. but like you said, there are other factors which just dont help things.

everything else you say makes sense though. its just unlucky everything piling up against you.

You just made masked cry thread dude HAHAHHAHA pathetic

you’re repeating yourself, not that it made sense the first time.

why are you even playing wow? its rated teen, you’re obviously a child -_-

3 Likes

That’s the mentality I meant. Part of the problem is that probably many players on your team think the same way and don’t try hard to win.

HAHHAHAHA i tell you what, if you beat every horde that tries to get trough you and everyone does the same you end up them spawning at their cave and when you are at that point its very hard from horde to gain anymore advantage, How to win AV? isn’t that obvious lol its warzone how do you think how to win it? planting trees?

i dont like interacting with minors. feel free not to reply to me anymore.

i know what you mean. i usually dont give up until its mathematically not possible to win. but as you rightly say, attitude lowers chances of winning, especially if the apathy is spewed on the chat. but lets be honest, alliance dont have it good in classic for pvp :frowning: either that or im quite unlucky with about 30 av losses out of 30~ and the same with AB. WSG there is more chance, but still more like a 33% win rate from 60+ games.

Yeah, classic PvP is in a bad state. For WSG and AB you will win a lot if you join premades. Both horde and alliance pugs get stomped tbh so that sucks… I don’t even do bgs anymore even tho I really like PvP.

AV should really be better, but longer queue times on Horde (in every bg) actually seems to paradoxically have made AV MORE viable for honor. Meanwhile it’s kind of the opposite on alliance and then it’s just spiraled downward from there. Just keep doing it and you will get a win eventually…

1 Like

The most viable strategy for alliance to win AV is a full mega turtle game. Like the ones we had in vanilla, that lasted several hours, sometimes a few days. Yes, in 2005 I remember going to bed, sleeping 8 hours, having breakfast, going to school, coming back and getting into the same game from last evening.

If both horde and alliance teams are evenly matched in terms of skill/desire to win/bots/afkers etc, it is almost certain that horde will have it easier at the start of the game and eventually push you to Stormpike Graveyard, just because SH GY is not a defendable GY and it sucks donkey bollocks in every possible way. (not going into a lot of details here).

At this point, you have a good choke point to defend and even after you lose SP gy, you have a bridge which is extremely defendable. This is the point where in 2005 most games for locked out for hours and hours without any progress from each side. I remember some games where alliance just defended the bridge for 10+ hours straight and sent stealthers south to cap horde bases.

Now, all this story ends here sadly because even if it looks like a plausible plan to win, this scenario has no place in 2020’s uber efficient gaming meta. Even if this is a valid option to win, almost every player today would rather lose quickly than spend 5 hours fighting on a bridge.

So, all in all, you simply can’t win AV in a normal manner as alliance in the current meta. You need to wait for the stars to align and get a massively geared good team vs garbage horde team and just smash them and overpower their map advantage, OR you need to come across that 5 man gandling team that spams a huge wall of text before the game starts and gives a motivational speech etc. to get all other alliance players to turtle for 2 hours so that horde will get mad and stop playing. That has happened a few times recently.

7 Likes

Sums it up nicely.
:slight_smile:
Am glad I stoped playing AV in january-feb?.
Worst part of classic. Tho I can say my ratio back then was more like 3 wins out of 10, so not that bad for broken map I guess.
I hear these days its like 1 win in 30.
I guess real players (pvp-rs) avoid that map for a while. …
:frowning:

1 Like

I have finishing my ranking and i think i had 10-15 win in total in AV, they are not magic srategy to win in av because if the Horde team are not horrible they win, but you do some thing you can do to maximize you chance to win :

-Play on AV weekend, a lot of good player join av in these week

-Make a lot of 5 man premade and tag in same time (some time you can be 2 5 man premade or more if you are lucky, and it s really more esay to win when 2 5 man premade play together)

-Lead best as possible your game with macro (you can do the wype SH to IB strategy or the SF rush strategy, i don t know other strat than work)

-Motivate your team, because they know they will probably lose, Alliance pu don t really try to win today, tell them they can win if they all play good, they will be focus and it will help to win

-Try Ivus if you can t pass to SF/IB after SH wype, even if it s really hard to summon him because the druids need to go to the horde size, if you team wype h2, with luck if they don t kite your druids you can summon ivus, after it s really hard

-If u have gold you premade can use item like Goblin Sapper Charge, or some expansive thing to help you to wype h2

-Have luck : you can some time win if you do what i said and if the alliance team is really better than horde team. It also happens some time to the horde team to do terrible mistake (all 40 go defend to IB so you team can cap SH GY and support ib, or they forget to soft cap SH)

(Sorry if i make mistake i m not english)

1 Like

And if h2 soft cap SH while your team don t soft cap SF or IB it s impossible (really) to come back so you can make the game finish fast to have maybe another chance to win faster

(The vast majority of people in Europe aren’t English.)

maybe but english is not my native language, and i don t have a excellent level in that language

For the vast majority of people in Europe, English isn’t their mother tongue. Me included.

(I m Arlouck)