How can this level of griefing be allowed in an MMO Game?

I am playing horde in an RP-PvP server where we have an alliance guild full of toxic players, whose only job is killing/dispelling world buffed players.

They are keeping excel sheets on horde side raids, they have horde alts, they do /who XXX guild day and night, they track people they’ve put on lists (tanks, top dps and such) and dispel/kill them. Bank/portal/island/songflower/booty bay griefings etc. all standard.

This much is fine, because you know, we chose the “PvP” realm. But it didn’t stop there.

Lately this guild has infiltrated our guild with some spies and they are leaking all our discord chat and guild chat out.
They have been getting insider information about buff trains and summon parties and they are always there to login together+sapper bomb us and ruin our raid day. It broke all the coop activity in the guild, made people go individual (because they get wind of any organized activity immediately and they get to kill 20 people with 1 stone… much profitable grieving)

This broke the guild spirit and friendship and we have become distanced, but they went on further.

We were 15/15 for 8-9 weeks, but we began to progress backwards because of all the sabotaging, and people are quitting game/server and we needed to recruit more people. So we recruited some new people.

Last week, they took it a notch higher and joined our raid as a new player, acting like a new recruit.
Then when we get to Patchwerk, the “traitor” pulled the boss yelling “Regards from X guild” and quit raid.

We wiped, lost all buffs, lost morale, kicked the traitor from raid and 2 more pissed players quit raid. One of which quit the game after as well.
We got our lowest clear since months, all morale down to ground.

But it didn’t stop there.
This week being DMF, we knew they were going to grief us harder, so we got everyone buffed and summoned them to Naxx 1 night before.

Only to find the next day, we can’t enter our own raid, because “we’re not in that instance’s group”
We tried a bit, by logging in and out and running into cleared wings to see if we can target someone.
Then we found the last week’s traitor sitting deep in Spider wing with 2 of his friends.

Raid ID hijacking. Jolly good.

So we opened a ticket in the morning, and ofc didn’t get an answer within 6 hours and had to go do BWL instead of Naxx.

And after it was 23:00 and the raid is over, the hijackers got 3 days ban.
3 days, so they can do it again on our Thursday raid. Great.

We went from 15 to 14 to 8 boss kills. Maybe next week we won’t even get that.

I’ve been in this guild for 1.5 years now and I like the people here and I don’t want to quit the guild or the server or the game.

But what good is an MMO, where we can’t talk and socialize and organize in Discord because they are using it; we can’t raid because they are sabotaging it and preventing us from raiding? I can’t even properly login at any spot because I know they are tracking us.

I played in 2005 (and have played for all expansions after) and I enjoyed it. When I returned to classic I thought I was going to have some nostalgia but all I am getting is frustration and stress and losing hours upon hours because some people’s only aim in life is griefing.

How did WoW Classic fell this low? And why is THIS level of griefing allowed?

I know it won’t lead to any action, but I really had to get this out of my chest.

Peace, out

29 Likes

Wow that’s insane.

I can’t believe people put so much time and effort into griefing other players.

Presumably there’s some kind of history between you and this Horde guild? Maybe some kind of old drama between ex-members that’s being revisited? Surely It’s not just a bunch of strangers picking on your guild for no reason?

8 Likes

We’re the horde guild, they are the alliance guild
And nope, the only history we had with them was their wiping us (and many other guilds) and making videos about us.

They just made it an obsession.

Yesterday, they demanded us to kick 2 guys from our guild and if we did such, they would give the ID back and if not, we can just go cry in a corner.

And it caused more drama in the guild. “Let’s do it” - “Are you crazy? You don’t negotiate with terrorists”

And it’s all “golden” discord material for them. “More copy-pasta”…

5 Likes

Yeah those people are a sad bunch.

5 Likes

Wow.
What sad pathetic no life basement dwellers they are.

15 Likes

Sounds like it’s time to flush out the rat(s).

Divide the 40 man raid squad into 8 groups of five. Give these groups different information regarding the buff-trains.

Whisper the members of Group 1: “Due to all the recent griefing we have decided to be more secretive about our plans. The buff-train will take place day X, time Y. Do not share this information with anyone, including other guildies. If anyone forgets what time/day, they should whisper a GM”.

Then give the other groups differing times/days.

You’ll know which group contains the rat by the griefing guild showing up to ruin that groups buff-train.

Then you just narrow the search even further by repeating the ruse, this time within the group of 5 suspects.

You should also consider getting a man on the inside. Get one of your members in to the griefing guild and give them a taste of their own medicine.

22 Likes

And if you do decide to go down the route of counter-insurgency. Then immediately delete your post, because no life griefing scum like that are sure to trawl these forums for any and all salt resulting from their griefing.

2 Likes

Damn that’s pretty crazy. An entire guild is randomly into ruining your guild? That seems odd. Are you not leaving some things out?

6 Likes

It’s Simple. Cause they pay. It’s really obvious only dispelling is not actually pvp, they re not pointing getting kills , honor or something else. They’re just after griefing players and Blizzard know that. Blizzard just says ‘’ Even we know that only dispelling and doing nothing else is griefing , and people are just doing that to get the joy of griefing. But we have to consider it as PVP to get their money ‘’ .
But as i said they pay, they enjoy to grief people, and Blizzard feels like to allow them to get their money. Blizzard is hypocrite. They want us to admit that PVP :smiley:

3 Likes

Sad state of modern Blizzard and them trying to standardize everything (i.e. pathetic 3 day ban because it’s probably a 1st offence). If you have evidence of them holding you to ransom (also via Discord, etc.) there is an email address you can send it all too (sure somebody can post it here). Generally doing that will give more satisfying results as this isn’t even griefing anymore imo, but full-blown harassment. If they’re doing it to other guilds, have them do the same.

3 Likes

am amased how well coordenated that ally is, reminds me of the The Scarlet Scourge guild.

i think they are raiding u instead of mobs lol.

3 Likes

Let’s suppose their leader got into a quarrel with someone from our guild and made it personal. Does it change anything?

Is it reason enough for them to make life miserable for all 40 of us? In this way?

People are accusing that kid for “talking too much” that he should keep quite and not to talk them and give them any material and such (Because they make memes out of it and they laugh over it in their discord).

Imagine getting angry with the victims instead of the perpetrators.

And imagine posters sympathisizing with griefers “you surely did something wrong”.

This is much like: “Why did he rape you? You sure you didn’t show him some flesh and raised his apetite?”

7 Likes

Wow.

I would like to know this guild, I’m kinda positive that I can make them disband.

5 Likes

I gotta admit, threads like this one makes me happy I rolled on a PvE server.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Classic PvP, the Rank 13 shoulders visible on my portrait here should be proof of that, however this is just next level degeneracy and I’d not want to deal with that level of toxicity.
Enjoy your griefing simulator guys, I’ll enjoy PvP when I want to and carebear experience for the rest :wink:

16 Likes

Welcome to the only actual endgame to WoW classic. The fact you did not foresee this happening is mindblowing. Can’t help but say you shouldn’t have rolled on a PvP server if you did not want to get griefed - it’s not like they have anything else to do and history has proven people thrive on making the life of others a misery, especially when bored.

2 Likes

They are getting what they want, just keep on reporting them, their bans will get longer.

3 Likes

If it’s really that bad then why not just transfer… maybe even to a PvE server?

Such a mindless post.

I played vanilla in 2005 till TBC hit. Then I played TBC, and Cata, and Panda, and Legion, and BfA… Did anything and everything there was to do. 20.000+ hours across all chars. And I didn’t foresee this happening.

Why? Because I didn’t see anything, anything like this. Not even close.

And if me not foreseeing this is mindboggling, it means you’re waaay above our level in clairvoyance. Congratulations for that. We’re sorry we can’t be as good as you.

why not transfer? well, I even offered the guild to pay for transfer fees, and they didn’t want to transfer so close to TBC…

2 Likes

I played from 2005 to TBC as well. And then WotLK, Cata, MoP, Legion, BfA and now SL.

I played on a PvE server during the vast majority of this time. And yet, I knew PvP servers in classic were going to be exactly like this. Because people are people and people are scum when given the opportunity. You have to be incredibly naive to think they’d do otherwise.

I just hope for your sake that you do not think TBC will be any different. While the world buff meta is gone, you’re now stuck in a much smaller area and repositioning is significantly faster. If you are in the underdog faction, don’t expect to have much of anything at the start of the expansion.

And have fun entering Slave Pens, Underbog and Serpentshrine Caverns.

There is a difference between grieving and harassment.
Maybe look it up

1 Like