How can this level of griefing be allowed in an MMO Game?

Open tickets, ping Blizz on twitter, etc.
Make a reddit post saying exactly what you said here.
Whatever reddit post gets to 5k+ reactions (arbitrary number) is looked closely by blizz and your case is likely to get attention.
When some GM analyzes it and realizes this is harassment based on the ToS, they’ll start getting banned. Plus public opinion plays a big role in there, that’s why you need twitter and reddit involved.

I would try to remake the guild and discord and get inside only those that I trust, going to do my own thing normally while having all griefers on ignore, if you don’t feed them with curses, frustration or anything and be totally indifferent and actually mean it, they will eventually get bored and give up.
It’s the same logic with bullies at school, cause that is probably their age too.
Another preventative measure would be, you go searching for recruits and whispering them first, instead of getting whispers by a potential griefer. I also believe if you talk 5 minutes with someone, you can understand some basic behavior.

Lol, sorry to hear this, i think this people have real life issues and should be checked by some shriks.

I would pity them, clearly big iq problems there.

But the world buffs meta implemented by elitists is one of the reasons such dumb things happen:)

The game can be completed easily wnough wihtout them, but peoplw wanted mix maxing, now some pay the price.

For them is fine, for you its horror.

Everyone who accepted world buffs
Meta is responsible somehow.

Even
Tough, im sad u guys are trolled and theres no excuusw for thier behaviour.

Remember its only a
Game!

that’s not griefing - that’s pvp on a pvp server. GTFO

unfortunately, unbalanced pvp server. What a waste of pvp evenet.

even on unbalanced servers it might still be a fine event. It’s not like the server population gets represented in every zone at every time. It’s still possible to gather some alliance players and outnumber some gankers in Redridge… it’s not like the whole server will be there…

Back in phase2 for example, there was an Alliance group on a horde dominated server that just farmed horde players… They quickly came grouped up and temporarily outnumbered horde at one location, killed everything and then flew to the next area doing the same thing… They would have gotten outnumbered if they stayed in the same area for longer but they kept moving so they always had number advantage. big respect to those guys.

Problem: Playing on PvP realm.
Solution: Stop playing on a PvP realm.

I fixed it for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only real griefing part I notice is the ID hijacking, the rest is a part of the game and shouldn’t be changed.

I suspect you’re giving the “griefers” the reaction they want aswell.

the only history we had with them was their wiping us (and many other guilds) and making videos about us.

Link please?

Ty for this thread gives me ideas when i hit 60 also now thats some hardcore dedication. If ur reading this griefers ur my rolemodel well done!

If you want people to watch your video post it somewhere else, not in someone else’s thread.

That is awesome, got to give them props for that.

Everywhere you find big communities there will be those low bottom dwelling less then anything turds.

In a way you gotta give props to these guys for being so creative in their toxicity and griefing methods.
Yet, you gotta wonder.

What type of person would actually gain pleasure from being a griefing turd.

Exactly, those without any form of empathy and a complete disregard for other people’s feelings.

These are the type of people that actually feel pleasure when they cause mental stress to another human being.

They are the lowest of the low, sadly however, blizzard has put themselves in such a position that there’s essentially NOTHING they can nor will do to enforce on these pathetic human beings.

If you came to WoW and were hoping for a friendly and stress free community you’d best find the door out asap.
This goes for nearly any MMO out there tho.

Preadolescence braindead teens are a dangerous thing to mix with adults in online communities.

2 Likes

Haha, clever use of game mechanics I’d argue. This is what you get and deserve in a game as old as this… if the majority of it depends on some silly world buffs and the no changes toxic community there should be nothing blizzard does to stick it in the faces of the no changes plebs + pvp server = pvp server…

(Imagine a “yes changes” and an update that would put an npc inside every raid that has a dialogue option to give the entire raid “world buffs” that only work in the instance you’re in and disappear if you go out… + npc has a certain cooldown to be used again or w/e ez fix)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.