How do I level in BFA?

I made a new lightforged draenei and I arrived at stormwind but I dont have any quests to get to BFA zones. Chromie doesnt offer the option, hero board doesnt offer the option, and turalyon is in the keep not offering quests either. The ONLY quest on the map is to go to pandaria and I am not even in pandaria chromie time.

5 Likes

Hi,

this is bugged.

Hereā€™s what I did.

My mage is 46 after the squish. I want to do the remaining levels in BFA.

I went to Stormwind, did the quest ā€œBattle for Lordaeronā€. Skipped the scenario.

Was back in Stormwind, turned in quest to Halford Wyrmbane. No follow-up quest to go to BFA.

Followed this article:

Went directly to Silithus as advised by above support article, but Magni has no quests for me (just a talk option). I canā€™t access the Heart Chamber (portal not clickable).

The following had no effect on anything:

Leaving zone and returning
Relogging
Full interface reset (with folders renamed)
Talking to Chromie and returning to the present to try and force a quest push

How do I start BFA levelling on this character?

You pick up the quest near the stormwind warboard that sends you to the kings room.

The Heroā€™s Call board has the following options for me:

Krasarang Wilds
Uldum
Tanaris

There is no quest offered in Stormwind, not even auto-pushed by flying around.

The NPC ā€œHeroā€™s Heraldā€, who is next to the Heroā€™s Board and should be offering the quest according to Wowhead, does not offer any quests.

Going directly to the throne room, the throne is occupied by High Exarch Turalyon. There is no war table set up with Jaina or other characters around.

Edit: I have no quests in my quest log. Stormwind is not phased.
I have no available quests in Stormwind apart from a level 1 quest to fetch balloons from Cathedral Square.

He doesnā€™t offer you tides of war?

He does not.

have you done it already? wowhead offers a quest scan for your characters completed quests.

If you have you may need to go to the dock in boralus, also check Jaina on the dock in stormwind.

I have not done it already. Jaina is not on the dock. Going to Boralus by boat (portal in Mage Sanctum unclickable), I get no quests.

I did the BFA scenario skip minutes ago.

Hereā€™s a screenshot of my Stormwind map:

https://imgur.com/a/4swWLhq

one last thing, are you in chromie time? Itā€™s the only thing left I can think of.

I am not in Chromie time.

I have however attempted to troubleshoot this by going into Chromie time and being sent back to the present, hoping it would autopop a quest.

It did not help.

I have done a full interface reset (renaming folders), relogged and rezoned.

Can confirm a fresh allied race does not have tides of war available. Canā€™t figure how to start/skip the battle for lordaeron either.

I know that tides of war is available for Draenei as I did it yesterday. I donā€™t have any allied races unlocked so I canā€™t check.

I have submitted a bug report with steps to reproduce and screenshots and also put in a ticket asking if they can start ā€œThe Tides of Warā€ for me.

Dunno if they still do manual quest starts but canā€™t hurt to ask.

So I basically created a new lightforged draenei and got to SW. I handed in the allied race quest and checked the map, the only quest showing is ā€œThe Kings Commandā€. This is the starting quest for pandaria. I checked chromie and I wasnt in any other expansion. Chromie only offered cata to legion. I went to the hero board and that only offered Uldum, Broken isles and Pandaria. Going to the keep turalyon is sitting on the throne, no quest. I then took the boat manually to boralus and theres no quests there either. Completely stuck with no BFA options

Yup, same (except Iā€™m a regular Draenei, not lightforged)

I created a new allied race character. I am unable to begin the BfA questline. Chromie only offers previous expansions. I tried selecting another expansion and then returning to the ā€œcurrentā€ timeline but this appears to be Legion. I wen to Boralus on the boat and there are no quests there.

It looks like you can choose a different expansion with Chromie, but ā€œreturn to the present timelineā€ does nothing; whatever starting quest you had before is still there.

I leveled to 50 with this character, through the timewalking campaigns. human priest, once i got to 50 I got ported to stormwind and got the quest to go to silithus and i got the heart of azeroth. (I didnā€™t get the lordaeron quest). However after that there is nothing, leading quests to got to bfa. I tried loggin out, changing continents,talking multiple times to turalyon, going to boralus by portal and boat, deleting the WTF and Cache folders, talking to chromie (doesenā€™t do anything once youā€™re 50)

1 Like

same for me, new fresh allied race, and no BfA quest. Opened a ticket, but nothing happens, can not join my newly recruited friend who is leveling in BfA as it was the only option for him to continue from exiles reach. Sad, that something so broken gets out as a prepatch. Leveling was supposed to be the main thing in it and its broken. Also RaF is broken but that is another issue, just shows how well was it prepared.

I made 2 new characters. Lightforget paladin and gnome priest. Bfa quest popped up right after lvl up for paladin but not priest. I leveled both old ways, not exiled reach. Now my priest is stuck.