**DISCONTINUED** [H-RP] The Crossroads - RP Hub šŸœ

"The Crossroads is the largest Horde town in the Northern Barrens, aptly named for the crossing of the main north-south road from the Gold Road and the road from Ratchet in the east all the way to the Stonetalon Mountains in the west. Combined with its central location and the wyvern flight routes, The Crossroads offers access to nearly all Horde outposts in Kalimdor.

Despite having only few lodgings, The Crossroads is a busy bustling trade center. Traders enjoy shouting their wares and interests. Just past the settlement, there is a burial area that the Horde members visit to pay their respects to the dead." [Wowpedia]

Greetings Argent Dawn!

Following the interest check I did not too long ago and seeing that it had positive feedback, I am happy to officially launch The Crossroads RP Hub thread!

For those who do not know, I had this idea for a while and decided to share it with the community as a way of trying to get more centralised Horde RP. I chose this location due to its ideal location in the middle of the Barrens, with links to Orgrimmar, Ratchet and other smaller areas for RP. The settlement itself has a tavern, areas for merchants and traders and is generally a place that I feel has the ā€˜spiritā€™ of the Horde in it, whilst being large enough to host a lot of people and is a great springboard for guilds who wish to do events in the outlying areas.

This hub is open to everyone and I want to reiterate this as I know Horde-side is a lot more fragmented. The community is better together than it is apart, even if we donā€™t always agree with each other.

I also want to say this right off the bat - this is meant to be a collaborative effort. I am happy to organise things in the background, advertise your events and do all the boring stuff but I want the RP to be self-sustaining. Iā€™m essentially going for the ā€˜build it and they will comeā€™ method, but I canā€™t do that without you.

This is to encourage people to come over, meet up and give a place for people who want walk-up RP, want to recruit for their guilds, or just generally want to dip their toe into Horde RP for the first time.

Here are some proposed ideas for events and activities:

• Tavern nights
  • Story gatherings
  • Markets
  • Hunts and feasts
  • Recruitment faires
  • Festivals
  • Tournaments
  • Dealing with local threats
  • Training exercises

Schedule:

When: Every 2nd & 3rd Friday/Saturday each month
Time: 8pm ST - 11pm ST

This is to avoid conflicting with other organised events on Hordeside, such as the Fireside Gathering every 1st Saturday of the month. Whilst an organised event would be scheduled on these days and times, RP is enouraged outside of that and I can advertise activity as Iā€™m able.

Advertising:

This forum thread will be updated to announce then next scheduled event on the post below so people only need to look at the first page. Otherwise I will occasionally pop in to let people know there is RP available.

Discord Server

Click here for link - Joining is not a requirement to join in the RP here.

Do you have ideas? Suggestions? Constructive criticism? Please feel free to post it!

[This opening post is subject to change based on feedback/ideas etc so expect edits]

IC posters (Made by a friend of mine using the free to use resources by Sonceri on Moonguard, found here )

28 Likes

This Monthā€™s Events:

20th October - 20:00 RT: Solstice Bazaar!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that the event is tomorrow and there are still plenty of slots left if youā€™d like to come over! If youā€™d rather come over for some casual RP thatā€™s fine too!

1 Like

Tonight a group of volunteers offered to help the local foreman with repairing the bridge linking the Barrens to Durotar, suffering a shortage of peons due to injuries. Whilst initially the bridgeā€™s destruction was a mystery, it quickly became apparent that ill intentions were at hand in the form of boulders and frenzied crocolisks manipulated by dark shamanism.

With teamwork, elbow grease and a touch of Arcane to help things along, the bridge was repaired and thus could allow travel over the Southfury River once more. Mysteriously, a golden tusk and a crate filled with cursed dreamcatchers, a pair of bleak-looking horns and vials of what could be green dragon blood were found near the scene. With the help of the Elements, it was revealed that the source of this trouble was a dark shaman by the name of Bleakhorn.

With the crate of evidence retrieved and secured and the bridge usable, investigation into this Bleakhorn and their intentions can commence. Who knows when they may strike again?

3 Likes

I had a really good time at the event tonight, thank you to everyone involved and especially those running the event!

Crunk is love, Crunk is life :green_heart:

2 Likes

Much credit due to those showing up at the Crossroads and keeping the place a thriving alternative to Lamegrimmar.

1 Like

I cant wait to try this out!

2 Likes

The Solstice Bazaar will be visiting the Crossroads tomorrow evening at 8pm ST!

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-rp-the-solstice-bazaar/429971/6

3 Likes

Time to grab a bargain!

1 Like

An extra event has been set up in light of leaving the second week free to allow for Koshā€™arg!

Dread Whispers:

Fel news spreads around the Northern Barrens. Travelers from Far Watch Post never reach the Crossroads. Beasts disappear, prey and predator alike leave their burrows empty. Whispers of warlocks roaming the Barrens are carried on the wind. The Searing Blade burns again? It is time to see what trickery is afoot. A grim figure finds its way to the Crossroads, offering help.

Starts Friday 24th March at 8pm ST!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! We still have space left for the event tomorrow if youā€™d like to come over or even just hang out in between!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this tonight!

1 Like

Following the disappearances of travellers heading to the Crossroads, a warlock appeared in the settlement with information on the matter. A group of volunteers set out, tracking a warlock cult calling themselves ā€˜ā€˜The Knights of Dreadā€™ā€™. Beneath Thorn Hill the volunteers came upon the remnants of a ritual, acquiring some information on what the ultimate goal of the cult is. Now comes sifting through the information, and figuring out what their plan is next.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, the next part of the event chain starts tonight at 8pm ST at Desolation Hold! Please let Blackpyre know via in-game mail or here if youā€™re not already part of the community/discord! Hope to see you there!

1 Like

How did this end up all the way down here? Some of the most entertaining RP on Horde thereā€™s been in years coming out here.

4 Likes

Thank you, Hythlodaeus! I know the thread doesnā€™t get bumped too often but I can take this moment to say that tomorrow will be a story telling event! I hope folks can come over!

7 Likes

The third instalment of the Barrens cult questchain has been posted above! Weā€™d love for you to come!

2 Likes

Woop new Barrens event tomorrow!

1 Like

The last of the cult leaders are defeated, the only remaining target is their demonic master. To prevent his influence from further spreading across Azeroth, the fel lord will have to be summoned, bound, and defeated.

4 Likes

The final instalment of the Barrens cult questchain has been posted above! Letā€™s finish this thing!

3 Likes