How much gearscore for BFD?

You’d be surprised how many casters don’t understand this very simple thing.

1 Like

And higher ilvl is by far the worst indicator of what is better in vanilla. Using GS as a indicator at all about how well geared someone is just flat out wrong. My example still stands, the runeblade have a higher ilvl than Dreadforge but is the worse wepon 100% of the time.

1 Like

Yup. Considering your best spells are % mana based int is basically a dead stat and you dont need stam if you just avoid mechanics.

You wont top dps but your numbers will look nice.

Hence, I keep saying word “analysis”.

Analysis is up to the player, GearScore just give you the number of average item ilvl.

And the addon doesn’t have correct values for the new items Blizzard added, so its useless.

Again the epics are at a GS of 5. All of them. Ranked lower than gray items

It gives absolutely the correct value, they are just over-itemized.

Hence yet again - analysis,

Person who uses GS needs to do that, GS does not remove that reposibility.

But the people who say “LFM need X GS” dont analyze anything they just use the addon and have shown that they dont understand that a higher GS dosnt mean anything really, thats my big gripe with people using addons like taco tips. GS is at the best of times a hammer used to screw in a screw. Inspecting and knowing anything about the class you are looking at in question is a better way of seeing how well geared someone is.

It does not, just put on your epic xbow and see how it tanks your GS

But again, how is it the issue of an addon?

There are morons in WoW right and left, so the addon is wrong?

It literally has no database for the new items, the person who made the addon, made it for wrath/classic. It hasn’t been updated for the new content. Are you not reading, or are you not comprehending what I’m saying?

The issue with the addon is that it gives people a reason to be lazy and not learn how to gear their class. It also gives people who know how to gear properly a disadvantage compared to the person who have no clue what they are doing and are just going after the highest possible number.
The addon is not wrong (other than with the new items apparently) its just that its numbers are meaningless in the context of vanilla. As long as higher ilvl= better it works just like 99% of the time from wrath going forwards, but in both Vanilla and TBC there are items that drop in the first tier that you will never replace for some classes they have lower ilvl than what drops in the last tier but their stats are just what some are looking for.

That’s an issue with people solely relying on the addon and not using brain. Not an issue with the addon itself specifically.

1 Like

OMG you cracked the code to the universe, the problem is people not what ever tool they use.

If GS addons didnt exist or if people were not pushed towards using them by people for some stupid reason actually filter out people because they think its a good measure at all, then they wouldnt be a problem. You never saw anyone going around during classic or tbcc asking for peoples GS and becouse of that no one used anything like taco tips, now that people are stuck in ether a wrath or retail mentality of higher ilvl= better it will become a problem unless people are made to know how useless GS is in a vanilla environment.

300, but unironically

^

It’s barely useful in Wrath, except for perhaps the first tier, but it makes absolutely zero sense in SoD, let alone vanilla.

Just take Molten Core as an example. The gear is not only relevant, but better in many cases than AQ40 pieces. Then you have the crafted Blacksmith helm, which is BiS for warriors until you get the tier 2.5 token from AQ40.

People who use GS are funny.

And mostly bad at the game, so they use it as a crutch to form parties that will carry them, thinking they’re filling their parties with people they deem good by an arbitrary number, because they don’t know what actually is good.

2 Likes

Honestly just blacklist people using the GS addon in classic. As long as you learn how to do decent dps with your class its doable in a few bits of pre bis dungeon gear.

This. Plus few wipes here and there who cares

1 Like

Thank you! i already rolled those runes they’re indeed insane ill try and farm some gold and get some of those good random roll greens.

So i need bfd Gear to Go raid. But at the Same time my Gear Score will be to Low because i only have pre raid Bis. So i cant get bfd Gear because i need bfd Gear to Join a raid ! The GS logic

Now you’re getting it! Preferably you should have phase 2 gear, but that’s not out yet.

1 Like