How the Chronoboon RUINS Classic Era

Hello,

im posting to point out how the Chronoboon Displacer drastically harms open world gameplay and goes entirely against what Classic is meant to be.

Classic is supposed to be open world, and that very much includes “harsh” PvP. People in this game simply are not supposed to be able to escape on flying mounts or feel entitled to quest or obtain world buffs unmolested. If 15 people want to corpse camp me and stop me from leveling a character for whatever reason, they should be able to. If people want to put hours of effort into preventing me from getting certain buffs, they should have the right to try.

The people who CHOSE to be slaves to temporary world buffs are absolute crybaby bullies and caused serious damage to this game when they finally got their will: The Chronoboon.

World buffs literally are the main thing that keeps open world gameplay in Classic alive: You have a group of people that wants to get and preserve their buffs, and another group of people with the intent to remove them from others. Its a game within the game. A cat and mouse of sorts that encourages both sides to constantly be on their toes and develop entertaining and fun ways of succeeding in their goals. The goals of both sides encourage folks working together, automatically making the game more social at the same time. Hostility between factions in an MMORPG with 2 warring factions also sounds pretty healthy to me.

Its absolutely bizarre that even though other versions of the game without world buffs exist, this group of bullies was allowed to destroy Classic Era with their false cries of “griefing” and “harassment”. If they dont want to have their world buffs taken, they should play the expansions which have none!

Classic Era should be returned to the proper and original state of the game and see the Chronoboon removed ASAP.

Upright over and out!

4 Likes

Agreed! Tell them how it is.

2 Likes

Chronoboon does feel cheap. Especially when you consider how powerful world buffs are, having a chance to lose them before you even enter the raid only seems fair. But I wouldn’t say it “ruins” Era. No matter how hard we try we will not get 2019-2020 Classic back. Still we can have a good time here.

4 Likes

Fair point. My main reason for barely touching era is that i have a pretty much fully geared paladin and no interest in playing any other character. My main enjoyment from the game would come from ganking in the open world. Being able to catch folks with world buffs makes that infinitely more fun. The Chronoboon destroyed that for me and many other likeminded players.

1 Like

Complaining about Chronoboon is an impessive idea for a troll post.

Great counter points buddy, calling differing opinions “trolling” or “hatred” must make for a fulfilling life!

Open world PvP on PvP servers in a game about two warring factions is NOT griefing, its NOT toxicity and its NOT harassment. Its what keeps the world alive and its how the game was meant to be played. World buffs are supposed to cause open world PvP.

1 Like

But you are trolling. Alternatively, you suffer from brain rot so deep that any discussion is beyond pointless. But I guess some people have not played Vanilla at all or at least a version of it before chronoboon so at least I can shed some light on this “epic pvp adventure” for bystanders.

What OP is advocating is return to the time when people had multiple level 3x(or whenever you get purge/dispel) shamans/priests on separate accounts just to grief… sorry, pvp people. And by pvp I mean suicide bombing and dispelling buffs from people while putting 0 skin on the line.
Another thing OP wants to see again is top guilds completely bypassing this issue by having summoner networks literally inside walls of cities and raids so they can collect all the buffs and enter raid risk-free. Time between buff collecting and raiding? Offline of course, saving buffs. While I don’t care that much about era myself, it’s probably not a good idea to give people an incentive to stay logged out.

8 Likes

You made one wrong assumption though; it wasn’t the wbuff folks that got the boons introduced.

It was blizzard twisted logic of trying to quieten all the people who wanted wbuffs removed from the game entirely. It was a temporary solution - a bandaid for all those complaining that wbuffs take too long and you get griefed too hard.

When it turned out these people were just lazy, or bad (and imo should just start a guild that raids without wbuffs), Blizzard rolled over and removed wbuffs for SOM.

So tbh your blame is entirely misplaced. Those that love the vanilla classic, OG WoW would generally prefer boons gone. It’s the hipsters that got us this.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/how-the-chronoboon-ruins-classic-era/1548257

1 Like

AMEN little gnome.

Man you are a drama queen.

People gathered their WB’s and logged off until raid time, hours before the raid. Yeah fun gameplay.

Then there’s the people, I assume like you, that make it their only goal in game to rob players of their WB’s by either ganking or dispelling them as a priest. Yeah yeah pvp happens on a pvp realm, spare me. My opinion is that wpvp isn’t the same as going out of your way to ruin someone’s raid night, but maybe that’s just me.

Or… You’re not on a pvp server and just want to play your main until raid time, because frankly your entire post is a pvp- centered rant. Wpvp doesn’t exist anymore since the own classic community decided faction dominated servers were they way to go.

3 Likes

ALLIANCE

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE, OPPOSED TO MEMBERS OF THE HORDE. (ORCS, TROLLS, TAUREN, UNDEAD).

The difference is that i like the game for what it is, and you dont. You play this game wrong buddy. Hostility between the two factions in an MMORPG is only healthy for a server.

I dont give a dang about your raid night.

Spotting, chasing and killing a thunderfury tank with a full bar of world buffs is simply one of the most entertaining and enjoyable things in this game. Its his job to preserve them, not mine. I never lost my world buffs when i cared to get them.

As stated, you Chronoboon people are crybaby bullies who butchered this MMORPG.

1 Like

Basically op post can be summerized with “im unemployed”

End of the thread

5 Likes

Easy champ, there’s nothing here to prove.

Thank you for clarifying.

I’m sorry but this is just too funny to me. Typical case of “I like stuff this way so your way is wrong”. Explain why pve servers exist then. Explain why wow- endgame (in classic at least) is centered around PvE, why new raids and PVE content gets added every patch.

And again: at the end of classic there almost was no Wpvp anymore. Servers were either 99% alli or 99% horde.

And I don’t give a damn about your side activity in the game that is pvp.

Says more about you than me tbh. You like to grief people and take things away that took others time to gather, and when blizz did something about that you decided to make a big whinethread - 2 years too late no less.

I’m not any ‘people’. I don’t even think WB’s were so important to have in classic because bosses fell over regardless. WB’s are for warriors who wanted to parse.

For you maybe. The rest who are online every day, having fun might disagree.
I’d say RMT and botting is way more of an issue than a small extra feature anyway. But yeah let’s make it all about you and how you think a 2+ year old feature is ruining your enjoyment.

1 Like

PvP isnt griefing. Get it in your head.

Thanks for proving the point Einstein

I agree. Even ganking isn’t griefing, to an extent, because you can always call for backup resulting in big battles.

Killing people just for the sake of taking WB’s away is bad taste in my opinion, and dispelling WB’s and running away is just plain griefing, no matter how you look at it.

Care to elaborate how I ‘proved your point’? You utterly ignored all points I made, aside from the one you cherry picked to comment on.

It doesn’t matter anyway, the chronoboon has existed for 2 years now so complaining about it will help as much as yelling at the sky when it rains. Kinda gives off the same vibe, too.

You just don’t seem someone you can have a reasonable discussion with, and calling people names makes you look twelve years old btw. Just a tip.

I hope you have fun in this ‘butchered mmo’, and else you can always quit :wink: /fingerscrossed

1 Like

What a muppet you are. I’m almost convinced you’re trolling.

Thats literally what the badge next to your characters avatar reads. Hostility between factions is one of the pillars this game was created on.

If you cant conjure up anything that adds to the conversation, dont try to derail it. Disregarding differing opinions as trolling doesnt work.

To be fair in the beginning I thought it was a good idea, but when I think back I actually miss the old days before it, I miss running with the raid from the fp or summen spots to the raid together as a raid, to preserve the buffs. And the danger of getting songflower, the danger of hs’ing to sw because dispellers. Those were good times. People should just shut up about making it mandantory, for those easy raids, otherwise many guilds should just pop their own world buffs before raid and go together as a guild to the raids, and same thing can be said about meta guilds which dont allow a meme spec to their easy raids, cause it takes 2 minutes longer all together maybe, damn meta folks destroy classic with their point of view of wbuffs and specs

3 Likes

Nah, the main reason is you were ousted from all guilds on the server for being a raging homophobe and transphobe. It’s just the same old nonsense from you Upright and ends up with you going on some phobic rant in the name of your religious beliefs on a public platform before you get cancelled again. Go away you leper, no one wanted to play with you on Zandalar Tribe, no one wants to play with you on Era.

3 Likes