How to afford lvl 40 mount

Hello!

I am currently a lvl 34 (almost 35) Night elf Hunter.

I only have around 15 gold (probably less) and I don’t know how I should do to afford my mount at lvl 40.

I want to buy it when I hit 40 and not hit 40 and not having enough.

I am honored so it all should cost 90 gold so I’ll need 75 more gold.

Can ya’ll give me some tips on how to get gold easy.

I’ve heard that cuz im a hunter I have easy to grind mobs and stv is good cuz there are many beasts there that I can kill and skin but is that really enough for 5 levels to get 75 gold + quests?

I don’t know.

Please Help!

15g at lvl 35 aint the end of the world; but you’ll get most of your gold from your professions. I see you have skinning, I assume also LW? They’re not the best for gold as the competition (and thus supply) is very high.

Fishing is (for me) by far the easiest gold maker. Spend an hour fishing Oily Blackmouth and Firefin Snappers every day between now and 40 and you’ll surpass the 90g you need massively.

Or drop LW (for now), take herbing and go herb Mageroyal and Briarthorn in order to get Swiftthistle. Again, 1 hour’s worth of herbing could net you a stack of Swifthistle which will sell for 15-20g (server dependant ofc).

1 Like

Have you been selling your greens to the vendors or on the AH?

If it’s a full realm then you should be selling them on the AH using a bank character.

If you have skinning you should have leatherworking, you can make more crafting stuff to sell on the AH. Look at the price of the leather you can farm on the AH, a few silver a skin will take you until 40 to make the gold you need.

On some realms ore is going for silly prices as is the stone you get at the same time, I got 10g on one for a stack of solid stone. Again, you need to look at the AH BEFORE changing professions.

Research on the realm is needed before farming something. On some realms the horde side sells stuff dirt cheap that you if you can get to the alliance side sells for loads, or vice versa, but that needs two accounts or a friend you trust.

Well, there’s the Lesser Rock Elementals in Badlands which are around 37-39 so in a level or so you can farm them. Keep leveling and get gold from selling Elemental Earth and Solid Stone. If you have fishing, as Iggwilv suggested fishing for Oily Blackmouth and Firefin snappers is great as well.

Main problem with the Rock Elementals is there being 60’s and other people farming there a lot, Cause Elemental earth often sells for 3-5g each.

1 Like

I think I will try fishing but where should I fish?

Best place I found for Oily Blasckmouth is up and down the coast of wetlands. But there’s sure to be other (and better) spots. Ratchet/Barrens coast is good…unless youre on a pvp server

im on a pvp server so I will probably get ganked alot

Isn’t that a zone where PvP is not force enabled?

Nope - the guard will attack you in ratchet if you do any hostile actions - but even though it’s a neutral town it’s still horde territory.

But the good spots for Oily Blackmouth run all down the coast way past where the guards would agro,

Not quite what I stated, if you make sure your PvP is off and fly to Ratchett your PvP is not turned on when you land. That way you can fish in peace. I thought it was neutral territory? There are alliance quests there I believe.

Yes - your PvP is on when you land in ratchet if youre alliance (on a pvp server).

Edit - at least…mine was on all my ally toons.

So should I farm oily blackmouth or firefin?

Both - they both sell well. Just fish in the “schools” that appear. They will interchange :slight_smile:

In wetlands then? cuz I dpn’t want to get ganked
or ratchet

Easy, dont spend on anything and vendor all from bags you dont need.

As a first time hunter. Do not spend gold on unnecessary skills like: Track Giants, Track Undeads and other "useless’’ leveling skills. Helped me out alot on this very toon in back in August. Also skinning is decent gold, farm animals you can skin for 1-2 levels and you should get a decent amount of gold.

I just checked and you stay PvP active in the Barrens as Alliance and the Horde don’t get attacked by the guards for attacking you there.

Only skin beasts until you’ve leveled 1 or 2 times?

Yes. It’s a good spot in swamp of sorrows. Jaguars and baby dragons. The Jaguars drop grey items worth vendoring as well. Good luck fellow hunter. :smile:

Thanks alot :smiley: