How to end the division between Retail and Classic

To me it sounds exactly that… retail with disabled instance finder.

The only additional change you quote is heirlooms removal and some more xp cuts. Everything else is just a desperate try to spin as features the side-effects of the server being incompatible with standard retail servers.

Listen, I don’t want to argue semantics, but I also hate being told I’m wrong, when I’m clearly not. First you say it was just retail capped at 60. Then you say it’s retail capped at 60 but with disabled instance finder. Then you say another additional change is removal of heirlooms and more xp cuts. You need to stop and just agree that it’s more than just a level 60 cap as per your original comment suggested.

Because you are wrong. From the begining I said one single thing:

And because, as you said, you don’t like being told you are wrong you try to spin my words as if I changed my stance.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Classic is there for people who like that sort of thing.
There is a REASON for the division. Keep that crap away from the version I prefer.

5 Likes

here’s the thing.

I can just set aside the trade chat and never look at it. Works wonders.

But here’s what i can’t ignore. Wanting to join a group and being forced to go through 50 billion comments, INCLUDING those who boost and sell and everything.

So no thanks. I’ll use LFG.

2 Likes

As a new player to WOW and a very much casual player i disagree!.
What you said, is practically to turn this game into a hardcore time consuming game, both of which are a death sentence to WOW is now the bulk of its player base are casual players that spend maybe 1 hour a day playing it.
By making our life so much harder, by boosting the grinds and slowing down leveling, and making the game more difficult, you will force most of the community out as they simply wont be able to keep up with the teenagers that spend 10 hours a day playing WOW.
The game, as it is now, is very well done and enjoyable
if you want a hardcore experience you should play Dark Souls

A loud mob that cant handle outdoor mobs in retail should never be listened to. Simple as that. They ruin the game when Blizzard feel compelled to listen to that bs.

1 Like

As long as you divide people into two parties. There will always be competition.

1 Like

Funny… the Retail ‘defenders’ are just as obnoxious as the famed #nochanges crew.
It’s pretty Obvious they’re both stemming from the same community.

And neither of those two extremist groups can understand that both groups enjoy WoW and are invested in the game and it’s future.
And also, neither group has the ‘right’ in that discussion.

Classic is a mirror for Retail. And towards the future, you can’t turn everything back as it used to be, that’s not progress. But as Classic has shown, the manner in wich Retail wow is progressing, is not universally appreciated by the community (as a whole). So the best road lies somewhere inbetween…

2 Likes

i dont know we will see what 9.0 will do for now im playing classic. What bothers me the most is classs inbalance and half finished class design, pruning and certain talents not being viable at all (DK gargoyle talent). The whole idea of the new talent system was to make every choice a viable one. Thats what bothers me the most is how bad pvp actually is right now. Certain classes are going through hell in pvp because their kit does not fit the hack and slash meta anymore. They have been forgotten.

Yes please, learn from final fantasy! give us fights that sole mechanic is standing out of fire and make it complex by 2,5 seconds global cooldowns on everything.

Forget all the hard mechanics we have in current mythic raid tier, they are not complex enough for us! Removing stacks on Sivara? pshhhhh… how is that a challenge? Give me LARGE RED AOE I HAVE TO DOGE INSTEAD WIHLE HARD MANAGING MY TWO ATTACKING SPELLS EVERY TWO AND A HALF SECONDS! I WANT FF14 COMPLEXITY!

1 Like

Reminds me of how an ESO player argued with me about complex combat until I went and recorded video of a “simple mythic raid fight”. Looked once on my UI and asked : “do you actually use all of that” and I said : “otherwise they wouldn’t be on my UI now would they ?” as I run minimalistic set up begin with.

2 Likes

You can’t buy gems from vendors (that I know of) or drops so you have to them from a JCer.

I never said it would make you a gold millionaire.

I’d prefer it if accessories had a socket. No primary stats but give us only two stat gems so people dont go stacking their ‘best’ stat.

Looks like OP has been living under a rock, Calling the 1 hit ko don’t stand in the fire fights in FF 14 is a joke. Removing flying when you can dismount players? PVP is accessible to all realms now with a toggle function, professions provide alot still but could do with more professions are more than relevant change my mind, you clearly live on another universe if you think all classes are “god mode”

Removing LFG is pointless and catering to nostalgia neckbeards and achievments are a part of retail, stay in classic if you want the “classic experience” sorry not sorry. People who are dictating change but don’t even play retail shouldn’t speak their mind until having done a hefty amount of the end game. People who say LFG removes the social aspect are just delusional more so than anything and clearly haven’t put any effort into it.

As far as im concerned retail > every other MMORPG in terms of the end game.

edit: the only thing your post did was remind me of how stupidly upset people get over inevitable change and how ignorant alot of the classic player base is.

2 Likes

It’ll be a no from me dude, good you enjoy classic but golly gosh did I get bored of classic faster than I did BfA and that’s saying something.

1 Like

Tbh, no; they’re not even close to being on the same level.

Well, that all depends on how you look at things.

If you simply want ‘WoW to do well’, there’s points to be made for both sides, sure. But let’s face it; we can say what we think would make the game better/more popular but we don’t know. We only know what WE like. And a lot of people hope/think that there’s plenty of others out there who like what they like.

If YOU want to enjoy the game a certain way; that’s something else entirely. For instance take the OP; if the current version of WoW was changed with the things he suggested, it would become a game I would not enjoy at all. So that’s not a choice for me. WoW would stop for me. So how could I agree with the extreme things he’s suggesting? I can’t. So in that regard, on a personal level, he’s definitely wrong and I’m definitely right.

Well that’s a very tough road to navigate tbh. Change a bit too much one way or the other and you piss off MANY people.
I think Classic is a good solution; those who like that sort of thing can play it. The real version of WoW does NOT need to be changed to be more like Classic. Because Classic exists.

Why would Classic enthusiast want to lay claim on both versions of WoW? That seems very, very unfair.

2 Likes

Only thing i am ready to go for is to make professions more interesting again. With this i mean: more recipes (lot of different kind with different stats and looks and effects), recipes gainable from multiple different sources (trainer, locked drops, world drops, quests etc.), bringing old enchanting/incription/jewelcrafting back with all slots on gear modifiable and so on.

For the rest of it, no.

3 Likes

calls retail easi
procedes to auto attack 90% of his rotation…

1 Like

Because the classic players are wow players too, and also part of the wow community. Why should that whole part of the community be denied a worthwhile progress for the game they love and care for?

Right now they have classic because the game in it’s current state is not something that appeals to them. But classic is a bandaid, it’s not a solution. It just shows that the wow community does have a relativly sizeable cut of people that do enjoy some of the more traditional systems where wow found it’s roots in.

Just saying ‘they have classic and no more right to any future version of wow to appeal to them’ is blatantly wrong.
It’s still one community, and most of classic players would love to play wow in it’s future inceptions. But only see some of the stuff that drew them in to be represented a bit more. And there’s nothing unfair about voicing that desire to Blizzard either.

As much as I’m enjoying my time playing Classic I do not want Retail to become or have elements of Classic. I love adore and appreciate many of the modern conveniences of modern WoW. To take it back to the dark ages would probably kill it.

5 Likes