How to end the division between Retail and Classic

I do. :man_shrugging:

Not at all comparable.
That Warcraft 3 remaster, now THAT’S what that is.

Which they are doing with their ‘remove this, remove that’ whines.
EVERYONE looks at it from their perspective, because they want a game THEY enjoy. Well, THEY now have a game THEY can enjoy. I won’t ever enjoy Classic.

And I’m going to try my hardest to deny them actually GETTING it. Because it will change WoW into something I (and other like-minded players) will NOT enjoy.

Yeah MY POINT EXACTLY.
I’m not enjoying Classic BECAUSE IT IS LACKING THOSE THINGS (among other things like better graphics and such). So keep that mentality away from the version I enjoy, thank you very much.

Well, duh. But I can only speak for myself, since I don’t pretend to know the opinions of everyone else. But I’m prettyyyyyy sure there’s others who feel the same.

No. Classic and ‘retail’ (I hate that term, I prefer ‘the real WoW’) are definitely NOT the same game. I enjoy playing one and I don’t enjoy playing the other. :man_shrugging:

Yes. And like I said; I’ll do whatever I can to try and stop ‘them’ from getting what they want, because what they want ruins my fun (and that of like-minded players - hope you’re happy with me adding that now everytime I mention MY opinion).

Yeah most of it IS nostalgia. It’s just hype. And it won’t last.
Sure there will always be people playing it, but not the numbers its getting now.

Sigh. Because they already have a tailored version they like.
And now they want to change the real WoW more into that?! NO. Just no.

See some of my previous replies in this post. I think I made my stance pretty clear.

First; I’m not doing that. Only the ones who make silly demands, like removing LFG, LFR and such from the real WoW.

Second; I already explained why I use ‘my opinion’ to state what I think. I’m not pretending to know what everyone else thinks. So stop with the ‘irony’ because there is none.

1 Like

Heh, well
 I for one really hope that Blizz does light a candle from Classic when they build for the future of wow, because one united community is stronger than a fractured one.

And ‘I’ am fully convinced that wow can only improve by embracing (or perhaps re-inventing) some of the concepts that actually made it into the greatest MMO of it’s generation.

And for me personally, the only and best change they can make is removing X-realms, LFG and LFR. (friendslisted people can still play together regardless of realm though)
Make epics less handout and more impactful (only from raids or challenging endgame content - atleast 90% of them)

Other then that
 maybe up the value of levelling again, and levelling content relevant. A way of doing that is reinventing a talent tree again, but find a way to combine it with the current talent selection.

Other than that
 remove gnomes and we’re good :wink:

1 Like

For me, bliz should redo their server type and propose something like :

Causual : Warmode, X-realms, LFG, LFR and mobs/leveling with a difficulty on par with BFA.
Medium : No warmode, pvp on, no fly, no lfg/lfr/xrealm, mobs/leveling with a difficulty on par with classic.
Hardcore : Increase difficulty futher, add loss of xp (or even chance to loose stuff) on death, make it like old school mmo.

Then tell me and 1000’s of others without spending our cash how are we meant to group on dead servers, servers which were once full ?
I know you will say blizzard needs to connect or give free transfers and we both know the answer is they will not due to cash .
So what else can you offer ?

Why ? Netherstorm, Nagrand ,Shadowmoon valley (tbc) I could list more and more zones which look stunning on ground and by air and please don’t play the PVP card not all servers are PVP servers .

I agree I miss the old recipes from raids the recipes in BT and MH for proffs were amazing .

50/50 on this one because from 1-120 its piss boring the need to sort levelling from the roots up again .Scaling is awful just plain and simple awful .

Vol Dun (spelling) is great but get to other parts and its to stuffy .

Raiding has never been better?
idk what you are on about.
Everyone cries about BFA
The game is fine, it’s the players that are trash.
Literally so many people cry instead of just playing - really sad times

Usually what Trelw says is highly accurate and certainly far better informed than mere speculation.

1 Like

Not gonna happen , rolling back entitely to a similar model of classic will make alot of people quit those changes that happened from classic to retail were gradual between the expansions if all of sudden stuff got removed for example lfr loads of people would cry rivers. Sadly blizzard mistake is to try to please everyone instead of listening the more hardcore fanbase and make the game great like it used to be. But sadly the hardcore fanbase is probably 10% of the entire population while the other 90% are mostly semi casual people who couldnt handle those changes. Of course blizzard since is a business company will do its best to please everyone and wouldnt wanna risk to piss off a huge chunk of its population.

1 Like

The thing is these features are probably liked by people who play exclusively retail so

Eventually theyre going to want to push people to retail so they can buy €25 mounts they dont need

That or they’ll try to push the store to classic but I hope theyre not that stupid

1 Like

They really have got to just fix that server issue. I’ve been saying it for 10 years now, and you’re not going to convince me I’m wrong by asserting that Blizzard “just aren’t going to do it”. They have to. I have nothing else to offer.

Flying mounts take away the sense of scale and the sense of world. Having flying is the same as having aeroplanes - massively convenient and brings the entire world really close; but is that really what we want when the core fantasy we’re trying to sell is “exploring a vast world”? I don’t think so.

===========================

I agree with everything else you said.

I don’t think you get it; there’s not going to be ‘one united community’. Ever.
But especially if they bring big changes to current WoW it WILL piss off many, many players and those players will complain and demand the undoing of those changes and/or quit. Etc.

There is not one single way they can make WoW because there’s way too many different opinions about almost every single aspect of the game.

And it’s there that we disagree.
I think WoW changed for the better. And reverting back to those old crappy raid-or-die days is bad.

This right here. You’re what I would call a ‘Classic extremist’. These are not changes that would benefit ‘the game’, but only people who think like you.
So who was the selfish one again?

This I can agree with. But not your other extremist ideas.

I’d start with removing Draenei, but meh. :upside_down_face:

Realistically the classic players have gotten what they want, they knew what they were getting and they got it. That they’re now not satisfied with that is disgusting to be frank.

6 Likes

I agree with you, raiding is great. I wish more people would get in to it. However the thing I puke on is everything else besides raiding. WQs, Nazjatar farming, warfront, Island expedition is not good content. If I want raid on a decent level I am forced to do that crap also.

And no I dont consider lfr raiding.

So we who enjoy Classic cant discuss retail anymore? And I am in no shape or form happy with blizzards work with Classic. Its a great game but they have clearly butchered the end game.

Told you last week leave them alone bully especially Sinaaki !!

1 Like

I agree on what you say about Trelw. I am however confused how he has calculated this overlap? Can you somehow see from classic character who that player is on retail (i haven’t found a way unless asking or someone being bnet friend). Also activity differences don’t say much, for example my friends have all been active just in classic last weeks but all are happy retail players waiting next patch to come. But if just looking at activity they would look like pure classic players at this moment.

2 Likes

You got what you asked for, just accept that players have progressed vastly from what they were then. That’s why the endgame has been annihilated.

You are more than welcome to discuss retail of course, but when that devolves into mocking retail players for not playing classic, don’t be surprised when we reciprocate.

2 Likes

Not too worried about gnomes tbh, i’ll just stomp on them with my hooves and whip’em with my tail (maybe thats why tahra wants us removed?) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lucky gnomes can velfs get the same treatment especially the tail :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I don’t really have an answer, you would have to ask Trelw. I assume he correlated the recorded activity of Classic with the estimated decrease in activity in retail. For example, if the activity in retail decreased by X but the population of Classic is 10X, you can make the assumption that the overlap is 10%. But don’t quote me on that, best to ask Trelw how he calculated it. However, if his estimate is not entirely off the mark, it would mean that there is a really really sizable group of players that would have qualified towards what you and Galadiel were talking about, and I was pointing that there are decent odds for that to be true.

1 Like

Just go play classic lol,no thanks

They are an abomination that shouldn’t be part of the Warcraft universe. :upside_down_face: :kissing_heart:

No. Because I sincerely hate everything about that race. Their look, their retconned lore, their pink crystal tech, their horrible accent. :weary:

Nothing personal of course. But I can’t help the way I feel. :kissing_heart:

To stay on topic though; maybe that’s how we end the division between retail and classic
 removing Draenei. :thinking::joy:

1 Like