How to fix arms

sharpen blade has to go in my opinion.arms has suffered enough nerfs because of it.ppl didnt understand that it wasnt the dammage the problem but sharpen blade itself and its healing reduction

give arms some mobility.the way it is now arms and rets have the lowest mobility ingame with the difference that arms cant dispel roots.it seems like arms is perma slowed in arena always trying to chase in slow motion

give arms some self sustain.its the only spec without selfhealing.arms is forced to sit in defensive stance doing 20% less dammage.even so it still gets tunneled and die while you feel hopeless having nothing to press.its a bit better when facing melees with die by the sword,but its only a short panic button against them and it wont help against casters.arms seems tanky in paper,its squishy though.you need a very good and aware healer to keep you up.on top of that pvp isnt only about arenas.you cant que in bgs or skirmish solo as an arms

remove the def stance +20%/-20% failed design.make it 5% dammage reduction and give us a wall with 2 charges or something like ferals or a short cd wall like every other class has.or barrier like in wod

last one.make the spec feel faster.its so slow and it feels slow.put overpower off gcd and raide its cd by 1 second to copensate or something,there shouldnt be any problem balancing it.like when heroic strike existed.the spec felt faster

the animations need a rework too.they are also very slow.its a minor thing,has nothing to do with pvp, but their visual seems to follow the slow arms spec playstyle

you can make all that taking in consideration the class fantasy.make those things (wall,selfsustain,mobility)work like other classes tools with minor alterations that could fit the warrior class fantasy

for example:taking a big chuck of dammage could give you a short heal,or you could sucrifise your rage for a heal.berserker rage could give you a short speedbuff and surpress roots for a very short time.just an example.those are small things which are easy to balance and could make the spec more enjoyable

1 Like

Ion did speak about possible changes coming to Arms warriors- Though minor, this could include something in the self-sustain department.

I agree though that against any other melee (WW, UHDK, Fury, Feral, survival, etc), Arms is really outclassed not only by abilities they have but also because of the abilities it lacks. The defensive stance is a really problematic game design, because on one hand, if you remove the damage penalty, that means that Arms can do normal damage while taking 20% less damage (bad design), but if you give it a damage penalty, that means that you wind up doing less damage, which none of the other melee specs have to suffer when they use their defensives and sustain.

I’d remove personally the damage reduction, and instead make it so that while in defensive stance, you generate resources more slowly, so you’d still be encouraged to enter battle stance to do burst.

Alternatively, stance dancing could be brought back, with each of the stances offering a strength the warrior can utilize- But that’s not going to happen.

As for sustain, I’d give arms a sort of leech from the attacks, or a health similar to the MoP second wind, or an active heal on a short cooldown, similar to enraged regeneration.

When it comes to utility, I believe arms should have:

Baseline charge stun.
Baseline Shattering throw.

4 Likes

So basically remove all our weaknesses… That will make us op and boring to play as and against. Mobility is not bad if you use it well and correct usage adds skill cap unlike thirst for battle herpderp. You can get kited in 2s if people use really cheese/try hard builds and strats but usually it’s ok. In 3s we are mostly fine too.

Sharpen blade is strong but needs skill to time properly. Maybe baseline with only 4 sec duration. Take duel and commanding shout off gcd. I enjoy stance dancing in 2s but apparently in 3s you must always sit in Def. Charge is fine.

The removal on all deffensives was a big mistake. Shield Wall moved to prot , Demoralizing shout to prot , thunder clap( attack reduction) to prot. Shield block to prot. Enraged regen removed , second wind removed , blood craze removed.
Warrior is the class that have no bubbles or no vanish to escape in difficult situations. As a warrior you stand and fight and thats why warriors had big deffensive cooldowns compared to some other classes.
It seems that papa Ion does not understand that.
Sure die by the sword is easier to use but lets have our shield wall and retaliation back becouse back then it showed who is good warrior and who is bad along with the stance dance.

2 Likes

How to fix arms:
Step 1: Look how arms were in Mist of Pandaria.
Step 2: Completely copy how they used to be.
Step 3: Good job you’ve made it, now every single warrior player is happy and the game is fun to play.

8 Likes

Def stanse should be baseline, it’s not THAT overpowered.
Second wind should be like Wotlk or MoP, or at least useful.
Crimson … I mean old Enraged Regeneration.
Charge should stun. It doesn’t even slow anymore?!
Intervene was cool utility, now Warriors should play prot to use it?
Shattering throw.

Thanks, now I can play Arms ^^

3 Likes

And warriors are broken once again.
I have nothing against reverting warrior to mop style, but revert every other class too in that case

1 Like

In my opinion almost every class was fun to play im MoP so that would be great for the game I think. Also warriors werent broken in mop, but good for sure.

1 Like

There was only 1 Warrior in the season 15 Blizzcon (Push Push WMD) so yeh comparatively they weren’t broken.

3 Likes

i think im gonna reroll.im against it but i just cant stand this spec.so slow,so squishy,number 1 target in arena,nothing to push in danger,permaslowed ,kited by dks.if you connect you do dammage.if you connect

how are they broken

1 Like

What I ment is, that if blizzard reverts warriors in mop states, they will become broken, since they will have way too much tool compared what classes have atm.

Would be perfect ro revert every class in mop gamestyle.since they wont,arms need a massive redesign

1 Like

It’s not just arms. Most of the classes should get one

^ Exactly this. This guy gets it.

1 Like

Take away Sharpen Blade and it’ll simply be a question of which spec between arms and fury deal more damage, and then that spec will be the only viable one.

1 Like

I have no idea what you just said. Do you mean arms does more damage because a 15% increase dmg to mortal strike on a 25 sec cd? Fury obviously does more damage no matter what, both speccs got their ups and downs though.

1 Like

I’m saying 50% healing reduction is what arms bring to a comp. That’s it.

1 Like

For 6 seconds yes. The overall mortal wound effect is a big plus for arms in general, not sharpen blade itself.

1 Like

6 seconds is plenty of time to burst someone.

And the mortal effect is not a big plus when rogues, monks and hunters provide the same effect, plus more control and mobility.
If arms brought more to the table than simply a bit of damage and healing reduction, then I’d agree mortal wound is sufficient.

1 Like

I thought we were comparing fury and arms? What i meant was that mortal wounds is one of major pros about arms if you compare it to fury. And even tho 50% healing reduction for 6 seconds sounds good, I cant recall one time where I’ve won a game just because of that.

1 Like