How to FIX Mythic Plus

Oke, you can run all dungeons 10, 1x, and than freehold over and over. That’s the point. I think the score is terribly to go off. I want more data. I mean it worked as intended how did that rogue hit 1100 shy of 100 of my score with a quarter of my dps. He got carried through hell and back.

The solution is simple, BAN boosting.

And as a topping to the cake :-

Spread out M+ affixes more, m+5 = first affix, m+10 = second affix and m+15 = third affix, and spread the item level between those, not everyone needs to get the max ilvl just because, let people actually work for their gear.

Ofcourse, this will cause outrage because people feel entitled to these things, because people feel entitled to these things other legit players will put walls and filters to not get messed up, which ends in this toxic environment.

1 Like

Why? why not make decent ingame tools to see someone performance AND experience. Or a smart mix between all of that. Bukachu gonna be triggered i’ll tell ya that.

1 Like

Baby <33 :cowboy_hat_face:

let me stop you right there chief.

All we want is to see who left what, when and at what %. also how many times, pretty easy to implement.

2 Likes

Because boosting sucks and ruins the game.

Fight me Wilfred!

1 Like

You wont get that data because you plain stats don’t tell you anything. There are a million and one reasons why a group disbands.

Why, if we have smart ingame tools. Not rio, that will update anyone score when completing a dungeon regardless of a carry. Smart, we need a system that detects carry. Maybe read chat logs to see if it’s a boost, or watch gold trades etc. And than not apply score to the one receiving the boost.

Boosting’s been in game since Day 1, I remember people buying/selling boosts in vanilla+

I boosted people during Wotlk in PvP as well, it doesnt ruin the game, if it did, we wouldnt have the game, and blizz wouldnt be selling boosts in the official store

I dont care about reasons, Just want pure statistics, numbers.
Who - when - at what % - how many times % wise.

Same, for me, I’ve left only a few times, reasons not important because in the grand scheme of things i’ve left less than 1% of my runs. For who wanna know, reasons are more than 10 personal wipes due to group not being good enough. One time we had 80 group wipes, ye I called it a day.

I don’t feel that way.
I don’t go near M+ because the whole mindset around it doesn’t appeal to me.
The content itself doesn’t appeal to me; I’d rather do a normal or heroic dungeon.

People with that mindset are what makes online games often a cesspit of toxicity tbh.

On the flipside; I suppose you’re fine being carried yourself if some hugely overgeared people join your group? Meh, this whole mindset is horrible to me.

Which is why you will never get it.

For example I have a friend who pushes high keys, when they get too high they just can’t complete them. As a result they frequently abandon keys, but they want to try them.

This situation is not unique to high key groups. Lower keys can get bosses they just can’t get down. I have been in pugs when helping a friend on an alt and they could not get the first boss down on a particular week of affixes. We had to give up in the end. We gave it a damn good go, but it wasn’t happening. The healer died early on every pull and we just couldn’t do it without him.

Another group has a player who has d/c-ed, this is a very common issue in any dungeon/gaming environment. You can give them a bit of time to come back but depending on their role, you can’t get a replacement in. If the key is low enough you can sometime still complete them but often you can’t.

You will create a situation where people will not leave keys because they don’t want a leaver stat on their record, so they do not want to be the person to be the leaver. They don’t want that bad stat on their record. They will just afk, or log off to avoid it. Either someone else will leave, or you are all just captive to the timer until it expires and you can leave without punishment.

If there was a system that records in this way you will create more issues and solve nothing. The data is worthless with no context.

1 Like

Simple boosting doesn’t hurt the game THAT much, but the way it’s so widespread right now to the point where you can easily find someone that is boosted at +18 is the problem.

And not just the " player boosting other players "

Rather the system where the game wants to instantly reward players and boost them way higher than their skill levels, the tuning is dumb, the progression curve is dumb and the huge amount of players buying boosts is dumb.

I don’t blame them though, no one wants to take me, I just wanna have fun, I just wanna not be declined from groups and many other reasons are legit reasons that would make someone buy a boost, I’d rather if blizzard actually implemented a reasonable solution instead of be happy that some of the boost money is shared with them irl.

1 Like

I get it, but I’m not progressing, make no mistake I don’t find a +10 hard, the only challenge i get is 14/15 and I rarely get a group together for that. So when someone does a quarter of my dps, than it’s bad. My key will be ruined, and my time invested. I’m not saying or calling them bad perse, you simply need numbers on that level and if it’s not there than good game.

It’s not always dps, my last 14 key went fine, till the tank did not know how to tank 3rd boss in TOS. We wiped 3x because of it and time ran out. We finished it’s oke, nobody was mad, it happens, but I was sad, tell ya that.

I don’t feel entitled to a carry, they can see my rio, if they are much higher than I kinda expect them to be better than me. It will not happen that i do a quarter of their dps though.

RIO fails just like Gearscore did: you can’t judge a player by a single number.

As I recall GS tried to fix this by giving you different metrics but by then Blizzard had introduced their own GS in ilevel number and killed it off. Hopefully RIO will die a similar death.

Afaik blizzard did say that they are working on something much better and probably less toxic.

They have started showing more data on the armory now, like what M+ you’ve timed. It’s still not as good as Rio though. It’s also not easy to access atm. They need to incorporate it into the UI.

which is why pugging will stay as awful as it is, because people have things to hide.

easily avoidable if system would display if someone left or was kicked.
Im sure wow system already has that ability in dungeons, you can see if someone was kicked or left. :slight_smile:
system would display kick % and leave %.

next argument.

again, issue is how gear works rn, not boosting. you got rio, it tells you how many runs someone did over 15, if its 100, its probably a good player, if its 7, it probably isnt.

if you cant differentitate boosted people from none-boosted people, you gotta do that first, and boosting wont be a problem.

ohh you mean like… titanforging? :joy: or warforging.

at least dungoen boosts gives you score for 3rd party website and addon, titanforging boosts yous actual power.

yeah solution was offered, remove titan forging and all the awful game mechanics that no one likes, except my grandmother who does LFR every odd patch.

and boosting will decrease.

1 Like

Blizzard could kill RIO off now just by disabling the API parts they use.

1 Like

Every week I run 3-4 fun key runs. I EXPLICITLY say in the disc that it’s a chill run, and may not be in time cause I help a friend or take lower people when week is nearly over. Generally when I’m done for the week pushing my key I do that. I’m sure there are others.

Last week I spend 2 HOURS in Shrine 10, with my tank and only 4 minutes before reset we made it. 1 players first mythic dungeon lol and another one who was not very familiar with it. We had a lot of fun and they were very happy and that’s why I do that sometimes. 2 hour was a bit much though but I will not give up lol. I have a screen somewhere… Here last boss of Shrine 10 lol. I’m Pally tank. Healer was disc healer who never did a mythic in his life, so imagine a 10 first time lol.

imgur. com/z9u2NxN.png

If they did that a huge amount of players will quit and toxicity levels will triple.

Imagine inviting someone with 440 ilvl because they got lucky on loot, to a +20, when they haven’t done +13 but you can’t tell anymore so you gotta invite blindly, yep that person is gonna get roasted so hard.