How to FIX Mythic Plus

They aren’t hiding anything, I have highlighted why stats are useless on their own.

So leader kicks someone then the rest get to go free. Yeah that’s not open to abuse :scream:

1 Like

Yes when people actually make their intentions shown I’m fine with it.

Whenever I join a group that explicitly says X or Y either I accept it or decline, in fact groups that communicate are much better and more fun, I don’t mind wiping for a straight 4 hours if the people in the group actually stated their intentions.

But when I see a 1.5k+ rio req and 440 ilvl req on some +14 grp and they do less than 40k dps overall ( and I’m being lenient here ) and not perform up to par, you bet I’m leaving, those guys tricked me.

No.

1. just removing them is NOT a solution because it creates more problems than it solves. There has to be a proper replacement.

2. ‘no one likes’ is simply not true.

1 Like

What problems can REMOVING TF create? I’m curious?

Idk which part of below you did not notice, but ill quote it JUST FOR YOU.

There you go. hope its more clear now.

certain people wont get their free holiday loot disaster

1 Like

Well the big one of course;
Certain players no longer being able to progress their gear doing the content they like. They’ll get bored and probably quit; Blizzard likes people to stay subbed. A system needs to be in place to allow this. It doesn’t need to be TF. It doesn’t need to be RNG based, but there needs to be something.

Then there’s stuff like; the difference in power level between players who run certain content and those who don’t would become too big. Which turns any type of content where these 2 groups of players interact/cooperate or otherwise play together into either a one-sided mess or a constant ‘carry’ mess or a constant ‘drama’ mess.

So what? Neither am I. I’d rather progress on +10, but can’t need to do mythic raids here and there. Thats the point of an RPG.

Ye the haves and have not’s that’s always been part of wow that makes you wanna be part of the have’s. ATM there is no incentive to run harder content really. When jimmy can just get 455 tf from LFR.

Yeah funny. Throwing in an insult about basically calling anyone who likes TF a non-player. We established long, long ago that you are a horrible human being. No need to keep proving it. :blush:

Imo you are right Tahra, players shouldn’t hit a wall, but at the same time they shouldn’t climb towers.

A replacement system were with enough time invested players can always progress at a reasonable rate would always be nice and welcome, time investment should be reward just like skill.

1 Like

We need another thread on why boosting should be banned (I’m not even kidding).

1 Like

The next part of my argument told you exactly ‘so what’. People. Will. Quit.
:weary:

More so in the old days. But the huge gaping chasm between them has been made a lot smaller. And imo that’s a good thing (except for the elitists, but honestly… to hell with the elitists).

Always this same nonsense.
Harder content will give you high gear GUARANTEED.
The chance for high lvl loot in lower content is SMALL. Really, really, really small.
And even if you get lucky; that’s 1 piece. One! That’s not going to magically make you into a WoW god.

So no. Your argument simply holds no water.

1 Like

And remove the weekly welfare caches. fair’s fair.

They dont need (potential) mythic raid ilevel gear if they dont mythic raid. If you quest then you get quest ilevel, if you raid you get raid level etc.

I’ve done sweet … all this expansion, I have not set foot in a raid and due to procs I dont need to do LFR or Normal raid, raids I would rather do than put up with the hassle of heroic and mythic. TF actually stops me doing the content I wont because it’s not worth it, no I dont want to do it for a luck TF proc, after waiting for the item to drop.

'Forging procs should have stayed at +5 at most.

You’re right; literal ‘need’, no. But… This is an RPG. Getting new stuff is a big part of that. WoW offers a lot of different content for players who like different things. So… When the ‘new stuff’ stops, it gets boring. People quit.
So in THAT sense they need new gear. Not for the power PERSE, but for the fun of playing the game. To feel rewarded.
There’s also the part where getting stronger is fun. Feeling like the stuff you do is now easier and faster. That’s a good feeling for many players. Again; that’s not a ‘need’ in the literal sense, but it’s definitely a GOOD thing and a WANTED thing, for many.

No we don’t need to get mythic gear level rewards for WQs (which literally we don’t unless you get 0,2% lucky). Instead we could have a way to slowly, but surely save up currency to buy a new piece of gear or upgrade an existing piece of gear. Stuff like that. A bit like benthic gear, but hopefully with more fun content and not confined to 1 horrible zone. :innocent:

Every punishment system I’ve seen for m+ is ill concieved, disasterous, moronic, rife for abuse, or all of the above.

I mean seriously, removing someones loot for leaving a m+ key? What do you do if someone dc’s, do you punish them anyway? Either I forfeit m+ in a week where I happen to recieve a big tf on the off chance my isp !@#$% itself, or we have an convenient loophole rendering the system worthless.

No, this means that once again I can get high geared people who don’t know what to do.

No good enough. TF needs to go, it devalues everything else. You think you are entitled to good gear, you are not. I am not. Nobody is. Git Gud.

It’s an MMORPG not an RPG there’s signifiant differences. There always has to be an end to a certain path. A quester should not be able to get mythic loot even if it’s a miniscule chance. (I’m a quester these days.)

In a multiplayer game with different difficulties there has to be some advantage of doing higher difficulties. While yes, they can titanforge too, it should not be the case case where base ilevel loot for a chosen difficulty should be surpassed even by a ‘small chance’, the next tier of difficulty should always offer better loot. No one needs to progress from LFR up to Mythic but the loot (of the same tier) shouldn’t allow you to skip it based on lucky procs.

Should for the other people, in particular the key holder, be punished for a troll or a disconnect.

Most dcs are down to the players connection so if they have an unstable connection then they should not be doing m+ with other people’s keys; it’s incredibly selfish.

If you dont participate fully then you dont get loot. No loot for partial clears. Simple.

I was talking about the rpg PART of mmorpg.

In an mmorpg? No. Not at all.
It’s a neverending journey.

Well, I disagree with that. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

And there ARE. If you do those, you will get your high ilvl rewards significantly faster and more reliable. And often there’s unique rewards too (certain transmog variations, mounts, titles etc).

Again, I disagree. People who get hung up on that seem petty to me; people who feel entitled to certain things for them and them alone.

And in the vast majority of time, it DOES.

Like I explained earlier… It’s such a small proc chance for such a high TF… and that’s 1 item. Only one single item. It’s like winning the lottery MULTIPLE TIMES for you to be able to skip the higher difficulty. One single lucky proc doesn’t let you skip anything. It’s 1 item!

I don’t think you’ll find anyone playing today that has a full set of gear of Titanforges. It just doesn’t happen.

Yes. And now imagine that item being Azsharas font. Which i have seen happen more often than i’d ike. And the font is not “just 1 item”.

If you do LFR you should not receive Normal loot. For Normal not HC and HC not mythic period. THere is a reason why warforged was never flamed but titanforge (especially after the removal of the TF cap) got flamed straight away and still is. Heck, they even remove it and revamp the system.

I had that during tomb of sargeras aside from 1 item. It happens more often than you’d think.

Ye. But i include Patchwerk bosses where you literally cant drop below a certain treshold like Ashvane, Orgozoa or Azshara (even if you do wards). Im pointing at normal difficulty here btw.

First of all; yes it IS ‘just 1 item’. And otherwise; what’s your point exactly?
Is there a problem with the item being too powerful? Then that’s a balancing problem, not a TF system problem. One item being broken in certain situations doesn’t make those situations the problem; it makes that item the problem.

I just disagree. Some people get so caught up with their ‘it’s supposed to be in this little category otherwise it’s wrong!’. Sounds obsessive tbh.

First; I said TODAY (for a reason).
TF in Legion was VERY VERY VERY different than it is now in BfA. It was nerfed to hell and back compared to how it was then. So no. It doesn’t happen as often anymore.