How to help SoM + Classic era

the only thing that could make sense now that naxx is out would be a shared BG pvp pool between SoM and era

1 Like

the issue with era is less “characters sitting idle” there, most people who bothered to pay for the clone do something on era atleast once in a while, on our server you can see people raiding with us randomly like 4-5 times a year :smiley:

the issue is more than blizzard chose to ridiculously overprice era clones at the beginning and so noone really bothered to get a clone in the first place. and by the time they dropped the price to a reasonable level, they retired the clone service like 4 weeks after.

so the problem is more that like 90% of former classic vanilla players have no era character in the first place.

1 Like

I do not believe this will happen man. For a simple reason → Blizzard has not payed much attention to the ERA playerbase since its inception.

I can however say that for those SoM players interested in continuing your Vanilla experience, Classic Era is here for you to join whenever transfers are open.

Oh and btw, my guild just entered Naxx yesterday for the first time me included, which I hadn’t ever done. So no, not everyone in Era is running on full T3 gear lol

2 Likes

Why would Blizzard bother letting you move your characters to SoM, just to move them back in a few months?

Same reason why they are purging servers in TBC. Help the community then again if it happens or not is up to Blizzard.

As this would in praxis be to give ppl a free ticket to Wrath it’s not going to happen.

We had a blue answer that SoM is going to last its expected lifespan of 11-13 months.

After this SoM closes down and characters can go to an Era or TBCC (well I suppose Wrath) server of their own choice.

I do not think many Era players, (who chosse to either stay (as I did) or pay the overpriced clones) would like to go to SoM, and if, the levelling buff makes for fast progress :wink:

its the other way round. SoM will close down, you can then presumably (but not confirmed yet) transfer to a Wrath server or to an ERA server

Blizzard don’t allow you to transfer from Era to TBC/Wrath and this would allow you to, therefore breaking the rules. So they will never do it.

With all due respect Tuxion, i think SoM is already dead, and there is no point in trying to save it my man, i know you might like it and all, buuuut… It’s kinda dead race at this point, it won’t improve for SoM from here on out, as much as there is hoping, i’d rather be realistic. :confused:

is confirmed some time ago: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-let-som-players-transfer-to-tbcwotlk-when-it-is-over/1263839/36

and even updated to Wrath Classic instead of TBCC server

Thanks - then i assume it will be the as TBC. transfer one free, pay for a clone

originally it said either … or for free, not both, and not a word about clones.

Hm i dont want to disapoint u, but my personal thoughts is: they wont let u ever come to era for various reasons.
A: You leveled in a different pace.
B: You progressed in a different pace (faster ranking system/more loot)
C: You had a different game content (BGs p1/d2 set at release)
D: You played a game with altered gameplay compared to classic era, with even minor/negligible changes but still different.

Sum up all those and u will totally see that ur a being sent str8 to wotlk. As for ppl mentioning seasonal classic. There was just a SoM. There was never ever confirmed there gonna be classic era seasons through time year after year. It was a one stand money grab opportunity to appeal those who was not appealed back at 2019 to play classic. A 2nd chance to those who been felt behind… I doupt after SoM is done we gonna have another So(?)

To cite myself. We KNOW when and where SoM players will go:

We know WHEN:

We know WHERE:

Aggrend even updated to Wrath Classic server.

Link: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-let-som-players-transfer-to-tbcwotlk-when-it-is-over/1263839/36

Despite the differences, SoM chars will have a home in Classic Era as confirmed by Blizzard.

Sure they will have to adapt to a different gameplay including World Buffs and all. But still, the changes were minimal, and once progressed, they will fit right in.

Also, and as a Classic Era player myself, I am all for new SoMs or new Classic rereleases. People who need and want fresh will have their wishes fulfilled, and we Classic Era players can expect a number of those players to join us once the rereleases are progressed.

In any case, I still believe the best option is to roll directly on Classic Era for multiple reasons many times discussed. But I can understand the urge for fresh.

1 Like

People want progression plus the game is good in early stages, later on becomes boring. Between AQ and Naxx noticeable amount of people just stops playing. Plus the population can play a role :wink:

I think you are wrong on both accounts. The first one was stated by blue, the second is that “seasonal” implies a sequence

1 Like

You’re right in thinking him wrong :wink:

We’re some still liking to play WoW as it was in the beginning.

We have few guilds on Era, few guilds on SoM, few guilds on vanilla pservers and most of OG Classic players is either in WoTLK or is not playing. From Blizzard perspective those not playing or on pservers are subs lost so they will try a fresh/a new season to get the back even if for a while. On the other hand they will not want to make version specialized only to one group of players and will be aiming wide (wherever successful or not it’s debatable).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.