How to make gold for wow tokens?

Guys what are some great or the best ways to make gold, so that I can get the wow token every month or even multiple of them? Would like to find a way to make a lot of gold without having to grind 10h a day :smiley:

Ty in advance

I get around 1 mil a month with boosting. I think if you cannot boost you’ll have to grind, I don’t know much about farming gold, playing with AH etc.

What do you mean by boosting? And how can I get into that?

Boosting is getting yourself very skilled and characters very geared, and then getting together with a team to sell dungeon or raid tuns to regular players.

It’s very good gold, but needs a lot of practice and work.

Other than that, at this stage of the expansion, there isn’t much left but grinding.

I don’t think the OP even has BfA.

You can only grind.

I do have bfa, the forum just doesnt let me swap to my main character. Right now im farming hell fire citadel on my toons. I heard that its the best raid to do for gold. Is this true?

HFC drops most gold but it is also the longest.

Mists of Pandaria

• Mogu’Shan Vaults 25-Man HC = 1.1K+ Gold
  • Heart of Fear 25-Man HC = 1.4K+ Gold
  • Terrance of the Endless Spring 25-Man HC = 872+ Gold
  • Throne of Thunder 25-Man HC= 2.5K+ Gold
  • Siege of Orgrimmar all Difficulties = 7K+ Gold

Now i cant remember if i did all the MoP in LFR or not!, will update the ones up to Siege abit Later!

Total Gold = 12.872+ Gold

Warlords of Draenor

• Highmaul All Difficulties = 4.5K+ Gold
  • Blackrock Foundry All Difficulties = 7.3K+ Gold
  • Hellfire Citadel All Difficulties = 12K+ Gold

Total Gold = 23.800+ Gold

10 clears of Skyreach Normal in an hour will get you 4K-5K.

There’s a way to skin and make leather bracers to vendor in Atal’dazar that will yield 8-9K and hour if you are well geared and have skin/LW professions.

1 Like

Interesting… So with this method i can easily afford wow tokens?

Easily, yes. But not quickly. You’re looking at 25-50 hours a month just spent farming to earn your sub, depending what mix of methods you use.

(And that is likely to change near the start of Shadowlands.)

Are there any faster ways than farming old raids?

Raw gold farming in freehold is reasonable money (~800g-1000g / run without tailoring). If you can run 5-6 of them an hour, that’s ~5k gold / hour. Still ~36 hours for a wow token though, if doing only that.

However, you can also get decent gold from paragon chests (3-5k / chest), so if you have multiple toons, you can pretty easily get two paragon chests / toon / week (7th legion & Mechagon are the easiest to farm, via assaults and the mechagon daily WQ + pvp quest). If you have 5 toons, that’s ~30k-50k gold less to farm in FH.

Gold emissaries are also a good source, but they’re quite random, not something you can easily count on.

The single best method - as others said - is boosting, but you need to be very well geared with a fairly high score to be able to pull that off. It’s marginally easier if you’re a tank or a healer, but still requires quite a bit of prior investment. That, or playing the AH, but that also requires a lot of gold to be able to make even more.

The thing about farming raw gold is that in many cases, it’s simply not worth it: for many people, if you have a solid, good job, it’s more beneficial to buy game time for money. If you make more than the sub’s worth with ~50 hours of work, then don’t farm, buy the sub instead.

The very best way is to do activities you enjoy, with side effect of getting gold… let me explain:

xmog farming - organize your inventory and pick all the items mobs drop; which is a thing you should do if you grind mop raids, not so much for wod because of the trusty Postmaster sending us the gold items

or, i really, really like… and miss mac’aree and argus as a whole… and kind of look for a reason to return there - well, actually there are several gold quests with reward as much as in bfa! okey nps ;d the chests on the broken shore are like mining nodes…

if you like healing/tanking, CTA is your friend (not so much as dps) - idk if the add-on works rn, but its not hard to make your own!

old world rep quests, if you are seeking something, are tied with g

if you happen to go past something useful, like anchor weed in bfa, you click…

if you like pet battles, you would get a looooot of tokens you don’t need - and you know, 25 pets go well on the ah

just… play the game instead of focusing on something mind-numbling. xd

then comes game knowledge:

garrison missions - medallion of de legion is a weekly chance (once you complete your follower ilevels ofc) that gives you 6-8 k on Argent Dawn for basically logging; elixirs of giant growth sell well but not for much gold ofc. if you have flying and happen to be online at a sleeping hour, you can fly to tanaan jungle and kill the elites for a medallion daily

sky golem - click a cd daily, for 20k per month (on ad and with proper profs, that is alchemy to smelt living steel); kun-lai summit is a tree ready to be harvested for avg. 30g per node - an ore which will certainly be used!

flipping - someone has decided he needs gold asap and sells an item on 66% of its price? k np. but don’t be a jerk! If someone has made a dumb mistake, just help him out…

class halls - well that is a no actually. xd i play them just because i like the exp toooooo much, but are practically pointless. Aside if you go for pets and mounts, in which case go ahead! the val’sharah unicorn ftw, though not for a panda maaaaybe…

augment runes, flasks, … - most people raid in the weekend, right? well

which leads to gathering and crafting - the efficient way to make flasks was (not so much as late in the exp) to farm a lot of herbs and follow a proc on an alchemy item that multiplies your crafts (not sure how much, maybe 2x)

again xmog (and other vanity/out of the way items) - boes, however don’t go in this blindly!

events - if you have several characters, the simplest part of an event, or something you can make use of (headless horseman, i call thee! for how long? you will certainly need new ears when i catch you… '-.-And Invisible will be floured.)

etc, Basically, the idea is to do something useful before others realise it is - for example, the living action potions are a must in horrific visions, sooo you know… xd Or that you can create double-dipping.

Which, according to the rumors, is blizzard about to take care of with the xmog tokens. yey.

None of these methods is an actual gold farming, that can be sufficient for a token. And if you try to spam it, you will quickly realize it is BAD and tiresome. Still, making more alt charas is a good idea, to make use of each’s cds. But not as a choir! clicking is okay. xd

Highmaul and ToES take 10 min to complete, for 1k each. So, you would need 30h of doing the same thing, again, and again. Even if you change the instances. (and it would take longer btw, esp if you don’t have many characters - don’t go in soo, tot, brf and hfc before you get some speed items!) In the beginning it is cool to see the raids, but afterwards you will start feeling dumber. Hopefully. And partly because you move really slow through them.

There is a catch: they are okayish while in a raid group. While waiting for the group to stop chattering around on rf N’zoth (and ofc wasting their time instead of just going… boss aint die alone but who knows that? xd) One run is about one highmaul, or two. Time which you wont use much better, if you want to stay online… just remember to pre-set your raid difficulty ->>

BUT, if you do different things around the map beside m+, you will be closer!

One thing more to keep in mind: A token sold costs 13 eu, but bought goes for 20. Also, we don’t know how would the passive gold income be - and it dictates the token price, as the ah itself is not generating anything but goblin pleasure. Keep it in mind if you decide to start playing the ah, buy a carry, or ie!

1 Like

As for the farming old raids, farm them while you still can. They nerf heavily gold cost of epics from old raids in shadowlands. It’ll be worth laughable amount of gold.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.