Huge honor inflation due to AV

4 min in queue
11 min full game

= over 4k honor if won
= around 2k honor if lost

So, its an average of 12k honor per hour.

No point in wpvp, even WSG premade runs would give less.

Do something please, maybe reduce honor bonus significantly, if final boss is rushed.

10 Likes

Good, i’d prefer it like this than premades stomping randoms when you’re just trying to enjoy a few wsg matches.

Do it for fun, thats the whole point in the game.

18 Likes

Yes, finally! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Both have pro and cons :slightly_smiling_face: :

=> World PvP as main honor source :

• Fun
  • More diverse with multiple place and strategy
  • Dishonorable NPC in city
  • Not fun when you are outnumbered to hard and you can’t do anything (hello Alliance going BRM)
  • High frustration sometime when you encounter a premade as solo player
  • Favor stealth class and premade
  • World is unplayable for low lvl

=> Alterac as main honor source :

• 40vs40
  • Everyone can get ranking by spamming AV, it’s only about time
  • No premade
  • Less fun, less surprise, same place forever
  • Afk that leech (I won’t be surprised with AV bot in future)

My thoughts exactly. You can go have fun with wpvp. Or you can go wsg for both fun AND honor or you can go for AV for most efficient honor grinding only. Your choice really.
You can still gank lowbies or roam in death squads and camp FP. But just for the fun of it and without other rewards.

1 Like

12K an hour x16h = 192K per day = 1.3M per week at 16h/7d

In vanilla I was doing 1.2M per week doing 16h/7d to get standing 1 for Grand Marshal, so it seems about the same.

So spamming Alterac Valley is now providing the same honor as a full pre-made farming Warsong Gulch (normally 6-7min games) with voice comms did in Classic?

1 Like

I should know better but I ask nevertheless: who is so sick to farm AV 16 hours a Day. Please tell me that was only a theoretical assumption (I am afraid of the answer) :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was just comparing the honor gained to a know “real” value from Vanilla.

When leveling up I spent a great deal of time in AV, but switched to Warsong Gulch as it was far more effective when grinding the last few ranks.

Guarantee if someone wants standing 1 they will be forced to play in excess of 15h a day, unless they are on a super low population faction and get an honor racket going.

WSG = honor and skill base small fighting
AV = honor and team base big fighting
Who cares about numbers? We play for (who cares, not u not me not society) hours a day when we can use art and bla bla but we dont care about numbers just pvpwing it up so pick ur potion

People who want to get Grand Marshal/High Warlord.

What? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
  1. People in highest rank get it by giving 100% and if they dont reach rank they just gotta fight harder and continue like that its nothing like i must calculate with numbers and try to pythagoras bla bla its just kill power over time no numbers
  2. Read again if u dont understand u give 100% and if u dont reach ur goal give 200%
2 Likes

To give your 100% you need to know where to focus your effort to get the most out of that 100%.

If you’re giving 100% but only at 80% efficiency, someone giving 85% effort at 100% efficiency will beat you.

So the numbers are even more important in the case you describe.

Focus your effort? Bro if u get highest rank by killing u just gonna kill more no harder no analytics they didnt even have spread sheets then lol :joy::rofl::joy:

People are getting way more than 192k per day

WPvP is only fun for the dominating faction XD.

At least now, we won’t have as many people just farming FPs/raid entrances.

As has been proven here, if you give your 100% to grinding honor by farming kills, you’re not even on the radar for higher ranks compared to even a medium effort Alterac Valley spammer.

That’s kinda what people are upset about.

Then the OPs data was inaccurate.

I agree the system is stupid, but then again the ranking system in vanilla was pretty stupid as well.

2 Likes

i predicted this and that is why i said blizzards “hotfix” which partially broke the combat log for the sake of a single addon was utterly meaningless and something only fools would do…

1 Like

Put it this way, if I win 6 Avs per hour - I get around 4000 honor per AV.

That’s 24k honor per hour.

Make that 10 hours - 240k+ per day.

My 1.2 million honor a week playing 16h a day suddenly doesn’t sound so impressive.

This is if you win 6 AVs every hour.

The AV zergfest is really boring, since if you’re one of the people who get clapped by the horde at the back - you’re just going to be stuck in the middle of horde and your base, whilst the rest of your raid ignores you as you get attacked.

My win rate during morning alliance - 20%
Win rate during afternoon/evening alliance = 95%

Up to you guys when you want to try it XD.