I come to the forums for answers, not Twitter Blizzard

i dont understand! :smiley:

Dont u get it, he is trolling you, everybody can see it… please report trolls

1 Like

Thank you for the really relevant question! Good one! I don’t know either and was looking dor this info too…

Or, like my original post states…post the information on the actual game’s forums and website vs an outside source…Forum posts are instant…just like a tweet. The order should be :

1. WoW Forums
  2. Launcher/In Game
  3. External Media
3 Likes

But most of the WoW players aren’t on the WoW forums.

That’s why Blizzard are on social media. Because that’s where most people are. And it’s where they can most easily get in touch with them.

Forums are a relic of the way the internet used to be. Forums aren’t a user magnet. And the WoW forums certainly aren’t.

2 Likes

I agree it absolutely should appear on the launcher, for all.

But in this case where it’s not working for everyone, twitter is proving to be a useful backup.

1 Like

yeah but they dont wanna use twitter. he doesnt understand does he we want NEWS on the FORUMS

1 Like

I think the real issue is battle.net launcher is buggy and should be fixed.
It looks really unprofessional when all servers are down there is no explanation ingame nor in the launcher and when you check forums (which are linked in the launcher opposing to twitter support account) there are no blue posts and only relevant information you can get is from some thread infested with spam and hatred…

I don’t like twitter either, it feels weird to be forced by blizzard to use it, but disregarding this, I actually don’t even know how to get to blizzard support account on twitter. there are no links ingame nor in launcher…

1 Like

I’ll bring my chisel

2 Likes

In the old days people would also be demanding compensation. Not seen any of those… yet.

But I agree some tend to be very angry (and lash out at others) and absolutely the info should be on launchers and that bug needs fixing.

1 Like

If you want to go even more full-on Karen, then you would probably serve your own cause better by sending Blizzard an angry email with your concerns, feedback, and criticism, rather than vent at random people on the forums.
Here’s the email if you want to send the manager at Blizzard an angry letter about not posting maintenance schedules on their forums:
CMTeamEU-WoW@blizzard.com

You’re welcome. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Breaking news has never been something on the forums, I personally don’t see the need for it but you’re entitled to your opinion ofc.

The launcher does have the information as does the login screen.

And Twitter which is invaluable as highlighted by the issue with people’s launchers not showing the messages.

Stop fixating so much on the launcher, the information also needs to be on Blizzard’s official forums. Despite this new found love for social media amongst gamers, I believe the forums are still the first port of call for most players when something doesn’t work.

1 Like

maybe some ppl are IP banned to twitter or w/e they wanna use the forums and there trelling it here they know that they can read thingsd on twitter but they do not want to and will find it very strange that they post news not on their platform bnut on somebody else his platform w/e wont change ppl

blizzard will read this and then think ey that s a good idea lets start with that…
WHy did nobody think of this before… are we …??

As I said I don’t see any value in them adding it to the forums.

Many discords have twitter bots, I guess they could considering adding a twitter bot somewhere that posted the updates. I’m not sure if it’s something they’d be interested in doing but there is no harm in suggesting.

you keep telling that launcher and login screen has the information but that is not true, at least not for everyone…

I’m honestly wondering what is your role here? are you some representative of blizzard? will you create bug report about this and delegate it to development team? can you write some suggestion somewhere that there is this issue?
or are you just regular forum troll with green text??

because there is issue, people are complaining and you are honestly not helping at all only making it worse…

No, I’ve said it normally appears there and should appear there and Kutdwerg (I can speak Dutch :rofl:) kindly pointed out it’s not working for everyone.

I have said several times that is something they need to fix, it’s the easiest place for all players to see the info, launcher/login screen.

In this instance with it not working well, Twitter is an ideal backup but it absolutely should show on both of those for everyone.

I have not trolled in this thread, but people are venting their frustrations at me the most.

It would be ridiculous to expect Blizzard not to have updates on twitter in addition to other places. Which seems to be the attitude of some.

1 Like

Discord is also a secondary line of communication. The forums are the first. All we are asking for is a simple, copy and paste post about what is happening during downtime rather than being directed to Twitter for updates.

On a side note, I don’t personally use Twitter and neither do any of my friends so I don’t understand how people come to the conclusion that the majority of players use it.

1 Like

You pretty quickly started off your holier than thou responses telling me to look at the launcher so go check yourself

3 Likes

you have to look at it from the point of new player. you start the game, realms are offline. there is no information ingame, no information in the launcher.
maybe you and me know about twitter support account but how can that new player find it? there is in link ingame, in the launcher, on these forums and not even on the official blizzard support page.

1 Like