I come to the forums for answers, not Twitter Blizzard

Because most people who think you should use Twitter for everything think that Teamspeak is a secret language athletes use during a competition

I’ve said it before, and i will say it again: internet shminternet.

If you look at it from the point of the player, then it doesn’t really matter where the information gets posted, because it will quickly travel to all channels anyway. If Blizzard posts something of value on twitter, then it will be known on the forums and the fansites and discord and elsewhere. That’s why we know about maintenance here even though there’s no post here, because news travel fast.

Blizzard don’t really need to have a town crier on every corner of every street in order to get the word out. If there’s something important to know of, you’ll find out about it one way or another.

Let’s not blow things out of proportion and pretend you’re not finding the information you need within 3 minutes of seeking it out.

1 Like

You just have an issue with me and that is clear from your repeated attacks and going around in circles. You want to have a good rant because the game has gone down and you don’t know why and are adverse to using sources like twitter for up to date information. There is nothing wrong with wanting a good rant, it’s often good to get it off your chest but that does not mean you need to go at other posters for it.

I posted the launcher and login screen messages. These are more than adequate for most players. I have repeated stated since Kut pointed out that there is a bug with those two that it should absolutely work for everyone on both launcher and the log in screen.

As I have also said repeatedly now, twitter has proven itself invaluable as a back source of the information considering the issues some are having with both the launcher and the log in screen.

right you are

1 Like

The game itself tells you about the twitter account.

Even using the forums, there is always someone who will post the updates from twitter and/or launcher messages.

Because we are a helpful bunch on the whole.

I don’t think it’s a matter of being offended. I’m not offended. In fact I use Twitter a lot. But it seems to me that the natural place to post game updates is the official WoW site and forums. Social media would be second.

3 Likes

I do have an issue woth you, because i posted a legitimate concern and you come back talking about how if I’m “offended” to check the launcher (which wasnt showing for many people). Not wanting to go to Twitter doesnt mean im offended, you just chose this battle on your own because you get a little more immunity in your trolling than others. If you are disconnected, does the error message send you to Twitter or the forums?

100% if everyone saw that ot would be enough, but i dont go to Twitter when i see error messages, i check Customer support forum, technical support, and usually after some time people start posting on the general forums. We had a 15 minute countdown im game, 15 minutes someone from Blizzard could have copy/pasted their twitter message om the forums.

I dont understand your obsession with Twitter unless you hold stock there amd are trying to push traffic for them or something. If i have a surgery scheduled at a hospital that is closed for weather, i would hope their website would give me that informatiom before i think to chexk twitter…

3 Likes

You’d have thought so wouldn’t you but as they have never done that in all the time I have been using the forums I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Face it you’re going to have to go to third party sources wherever you go in WoW.

1 Like

Are there really people who seriously think thats its better to just post important information on a 3rd party website with no affiliation with WoW and Blizzard instead of using 1st party communication channels specifically created by Blizzard to inform people about their own product?

3 Likes

This is the reason I always had a grudge against Twitter.
It is more likely to get updates there than on official sites

1 Like

OP, clowns get paid 82k+ a year and here you are doing it for free :clown_face:

1 Like

Since the takeover of twitter by Musk though, I have deleted my account. Unfortunately that means after a while I can’t see the updates without it blocking me unless I make an account. I really think they should switch to a different platform for updates. At least we get fellow forumers telling us, though.

1 Like

That is an assumption “where most players are”.

I’m in a guild with over 100 players, active. The majority would not even think about reading wowhead or forums. They play the game, it breaks or stuff is difficult, they ask in game. Or they just blunder on… The few who do read wow head, have to transfer it to guild discord, so rest can get the info. Even then we have a large section that won’t use discord. So, saying the most players will come here… yeah, NO!

I do not have an obsession with twitter, I see the information on several sources, as I have shown throughout this discussion:-

And I linked twitter, that people don’t require an account to see the updates for, which currently are https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN

I do not understand the offense some people take at twitter, but people do, some object to twitch and youtube as well. Blizzard and WoW are going to be on all the usual social media sites and most companies have a Customer Service/Helpdesk twitter in addition to their other sources of information and support.

Once again, Kut pointed out that some can’t see the info on the launcher/login and everyone should be able to see that, if it’s bugged then Blizz have to fix as I’ve said repeatedly.

I don’t think there are people who think it should be posted on 3rd party sites over and above being posted on both the launcher and the breaking news section when booting up the game.

It would also be nice if there was a tracker on General to show what is being posted elsewhere. However, I am not sure that posting it to these backwaters which, lets face it, aren’t even used by well over 3/4ers of the playerbase as a matter of urgency is required.

2 Likes

Most important thing, games up… See ya.

1 Like

Yes!!! I’m back doing the super rares as we speak, just got a 385 ring, I’m so happy!!!

2 Likes

Do you really belive that twitter is less of a backwater than the forum?
Its still a 3rd party communication channel and the forum is a 1st party one.

2 Likes

with how many clowns post here, its very close whether or not twitter or the forums is worse

2 Likes