I come to the forums for answers, not Twitter Blizzard

I believe that there are probably more WoW players who have a Twitter account than use the forums, yes.

2 Likes

That stuff hasn’t shown up on the launcher in ages for me and it never shows in the game either.

Yes seems it doesn’t work for everyone, and that’s awful and they need to fix it.

It broke in BFA during the shadowlands beta and I’ve reported it several times since then, lol.

Mine has always worked so I was not aware.

Such a pain! That’s a stupidly long time for it not to be working.

It certainly seems to be a magnet for your attention.

2 Likes

It is, because i dont think uninformed people should stand out amongst their peers. You clearly seem to be clueless in this thread.

1 Like

why such a hate from you? I can understand your point. And since i dont use twitter i can agree with you. But i cant understand the anger in your posts

2 Likes

You seem to have gotten your inquiries answered more than adequately at this point, so this would be the time where matters are concluded and everyone either fuzzes back to playing the game or proceeds to write an email to Blizzard with feedback if they want to escalate matters.
What you definitely shouldn’t be doing now, is move onto general drama lama and behaving as an all-around stupid idiot on the forum. Don’t go there.

1 Like

Because he started the very first response claiming that “i should have just checked the launcher if I’m offended” by twitter.

This entire thread built off their little smart sarcastic comment like im a belligerent for not likimg twitter.

2 Likes

Sure proved everyone wrong didn’t you…

And you need to stop being like a puppy with a chew toy and let it go already.

more people use twitter

Such drama and hatred over the twitter issue? Really, go drink a glass of water or something.
The servers are up. So stop this drama and tantrum throwing. You act as if Puny burglarized your house or stolen your car… which she clearly did not.

More people with active WoW subscriptions play WoW than pay for Twitter…would make sense those customers get their information from the company they pay ya?

1 Like

yet here you are, standing out amongst your peers as head clown :clown_face:

Well they do as it’s Blizzard employees posting the information on Twitter.

1 Like

Nah, he just wanted to start this comment off with trolling like hes somehow superior with a comment that i am below them for not using Twitter. I dont stamd fown to bullies, learned long ago that just gives them more room to grow. And judging by their other responses, it appears they feed off the attention so.

1 Like

It’s the green font, we keep suggesting a nice soothing pink or purple but Blizzard have not obliged.

I’m not going to reply anymore, all they seem to crave is attention and need someone to blame.

2 Likes

Do you have numbers on how many WoW players use twitter for information about wow?

This “only 4% of wow players read the forum” sounds small, but doesn’t mean that 96% use twitter. The number of wow players using wow twitter is most likely also in the single digit. The vast majority does not inform themselves at all about wow.
What remains is still that the forum is a 1st party communication channel and and twitter a 3rd party one.