I did not sign up for 10 min AV's

Maybe in pugs at max level but this have never happened to me at lower level… it’s so few times I can’t even remember

Well I didn’t sign up for the phase 2 we just witnessed, but that’s what we get for being min maxing humans. If there is an “short, easy way” we will always find it, and do it. This is not blizzards fault, it’s ours.

Maybe if everyone of us accepted changes, and didn’t spam the forums for#Nochanges, then blizzard could do something, but yeah, we didn’t want that.

I agree for the most part however Blizzard chose to use the most nerfed and short lived version of AV.

The day has come where I will put aside my differences with an undead warrior to agree with his salient point.
I keep hearing people say “it’s the community that has changed, it’s the internet that has changed.”, which although true to an extent, is not the entire issue.
Between layering, high pop caps, ridiculous levels of server migration and unrestricted battlegroups, forming bonds with people is made harder by design.

People respond to their environments, and classic in its current state encourages you to treat every last BG player as exchangable.

1 Like

Right now everybody wants the reputation, there is nothing wrong with that, as more get to Exalted this will change, the “Drek Rush” is the optimal way of earning reputation and there is no problem with people wanting to do that.

It maybe not what you signed up for but it seems to be what a majority of people at the time being have signed up for.

If you don’t like it then take your own advice and go to retail.

1 Like

It’s is pretty sad the fact that people join the BG in order to min/max honor/rep gains instead of actually enjoying the BG’s mechanics, isn’t it?

I can only hope the get their exalted ring and r14 weapon quickly and go somewhere else to get bored without nothing to do

1 Like

Totally it is.
Exactly why Classic is sad per se. The more I play Classic, the more I miss Vanilla

1 Like

Well, I decide to play like “I don’t know what to do”, except that I do know what to do!
And I assure you it is great fun when you realize that even with totally un-optimal talent choices you can still beat a lot of people with cookie cutter specs at dps/pvp/healing/whatever because they are just mindlessly following a guide that promised them to be better

The same applies to AV, it is surprising to realize that you actually have much more fun when you cap that graveyard that leads you to a 30 minutes stall and eventually summoning your faction raid boss

Depends. Nothing wrong with it but the way they are doing is not the best. This version of AV is the short lived pre-tbc version. Everything in it is nerfed. I get some people don’t want to do a 24h AV that’s understandable. But the idea of the BG is objective based PVP/PVE and no one is doing that. Instead they are pushing for 10 min zerg rushes and if people start to PVP in the PVP battleground they start to rage quit and throwing tamper tantrums like little brats. And as mentioned by others when they grind to exalted by zerging they will cry about how there’s nothing to do and AV sucks. And then there’s the exploiters…
Ultimately it’s Blizzard that chose the version of AV that is implemented so that’s on them.
As for “If you don’t like it then take your own advice and go to retail.” well that’s one of the reasons I and many others left retail. So that’s a pointless comment. If anything the people that want to play like this should go there. All retail is is a glorified mobile game anyway.

2 Likes

not gonna lie… pvp became extremely boring overnight with the release of AV since this 10-minute-game farm is now the most efficient way to gain honor - win or lose.
i had far more fun world pvping. its like switching out honey for mustard on a jelly sandwich.

EDIT: or peanutbutter > mustard, whatever…

One thing that I wanna clear up though that its not the people, or knowing how to play the game better. Its the PATCH.

Back in 2006, AV was always a long drawn out, stalemate like experience of PvP zerg, untill the late hours when one side lost too many numbers and eventually the game ended.

Then the patch came that immensely rewarded zerging and immediately the next day of the patch, the old AV was gone and it became the PvE zerg fest we have now. Also in 2006.

An important difference however, is that the zerg AV patch only came very very late in 2006, no one cared much for honor ranks anymore, Naxx was the thing and people were only interested in grinding Rep or buying specific HWL items, which also became possible in this patch, very short before TBC.

It is uncanny to do the same in a game that hasnt even released ZG or BWL yet.

1 Like

Well we knew before Classic was even out that we would get this version of AV, they stated they would launch the game in 1.12 state.
Its not that people want to rush, its just this is the super nerfed AV version right before TBC came. The earlier AV’s where not “rush” versions.

We rushed AV on pservers as well (old AV with landmines and stuff). Sure games lasted 15min not 8 but yeah ain’t gonna get hours of the same AV.

Retail got classic / vanilla AV. While classic gets the super rush TBC version where there are barely any NPCs and the ones that are still present severely weakened.

2 Likes

I don’t they they ever left

Roll alliance then min/maxing elitist pros.
Also, let me taste them salty little QQ tears. Please.

reasonable solution. going to do the same.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.