I don't want horde premade BGs but

You don’t even need to win an AV match for good honor/h

Just kill all the lieutenants/commanders.
Hence why people AFK in AV over WSG.

I still don’t get it how people simply ignore the fact that this whole discussion is a result of a big fat faction imbalance.

Instead of finding a real solution to the big fat problem faction imbalance you simply call the usage of an intended mechanic (queuing for specific battlegrounds) in the game an “exploit” or “bug”.

Hey boys, really, don’t blame the players when they make an advantage out of a disadvantage which is initially triggered on your own.

1 Like

I’m alliance myself.
Premades are ruining the AV for the pugs as well though… that is the main issue.
They just need to add a penalty to the people leaving the queue if they don’t match the same number.
Starting with 20-25 people is not okay.
The big fat faction imbalance is solved by the horde having a bigger queue time.

1 Like

Ye, I agree, you don’t need to win the game. But AFKing another hour in an obviously lost game is just pain.

And atleast this is my reason why I defend premades. There are too many people AFKing in cave or Dun Baldar and some players abused the “Report for AFK” button which only needed 5 reports in a group to get the players kicked even if they were not afk.
You simply can’t pug AV as Alliance - you will have 40-50% people AFK in it and it will be to 99% an unnecessary long loss.
And nobody wants the Deserteur buff either.

Easiest solution is dont let the bg gates open till the game is full. Players being afk is the pugs fault not the premades.

Blizzard’s just trash.
Basically about it, they won’t do anything about botters for weeks… afkers etc.

That’s also a main issue.

2 Likes

The big fat faction imbalance is solved by the horde having a bigger queue time.

It is not solved with bigger queue times. It only enables the Alliance to group up in premades.

Starting with 20-25 people is not okay, I agree on this. But still - I did AV from the first day in there and at the third day it started to be painful with AFKers.
A week after release some people organized premades for everyone not only for APES members and so on to exclude all these AFKers. If there is no penalty for being AFK the whole game you have to find a way to get them out of your groups by your own.
Having AFKers in your game is ruining the game. And it’s an abuse in my opinion since you get the honor but you don’t do anything and you just prevent getting kicked by moving every two minutes if you don’t use a bot which is clearly against the terms of use.

They will get even longer.

If you want to play the game go Alliance, there will be not same factions Qs.

Deal with it or start changing the faction, or the last one just quit the game.

face it, this is not about numbers ally horde ratio… this about so many ally player dont like pvp and not jonining any bgs. yea true few server has huge horde numbers like % 60-65 horde but thats not a issue about 30 min que. very few ally pvp rankers at servers… few pvp guild not gonna save all servers :wink: even if all servers get % 50 to 50 ratio horde will still have to wait min 15-20min for que

I’m alliance and I want premades gone.
I honestly don’t care about the few hard core rankers. Because of them I have to start AV in anywhere between 5 and 25 players. People will go straight fishing or /afk.

1 Like

Peek adulthood.

No this is actually Blizztards issues, not controlling the pop and killing classic before it was even born.

Because for PvP the ratio is 20% Alliance to 80% Horde at least.

That is because of the racials. People take every advantage they can get. UD Rogue almost delete the purpose of Shadow Priests and Locks.

Its a night and day difference to play one of these speccs on the alliance side or the horde side.

Horde racials are too strong and that is the reason that 4 out of 5 people at least went horde for PvP.

Same happaned with Humane in Wotlk.

1 Like

Literally stated the cause of these issues and the solution as early as like 10 posts in. People don’t want to hear the answer, they’d rather advocate for anything but.

Stop bashing your heads against a wall.

Yes I’m sure the reason for there being fewer Alliance queueing is because they’re the “less PvP inclined faction” and not because there are literally twice as many Horde players if not more across Classic, both EU and NA. The mental gymnastics are unreal.

The reality is that people chose their faction already and it’s not going to change anymore (unless something like paid faction change were to happen, which most likely won’t happen). The reality is also that there are possible ways to fix the current situation, because it’s not just a function of the faction imbalance. It seems you don’t want to accept that reality because you benefit from the status quo.

Furthermore, your theory of it being only caused by faction imbalance and not anything else (like being more or less pvp leaning) doesn’t account for the first few days of battlegrounds where the queues were literally sub 5 minutes. Something changed between now and then, and it’s not a sudden massive rise in horde player count.

1 Like

Then the reality is that this isn’t going to change either. Yes, it is just a function of the faction imbalance.

While we’re at it, please don’t try to tell me what I am and am not benefiting from; I haven’t touched AV since the day I got Exalted because I always have and always will despise the battleground in its current form.

I certainly wouldn’t call being 10v1’d upon landing at Chillwind Point/Light’s Hope by Horde between queues a benefit either.

Yes, there may be a number of factors at work, however to imply that if we woke up tomorrow with something other than a 60:40 split across 80% of servers, queues wouldn’t drastically improve, is senseless.

I’m sincerely interested in hearing what your alternative solutions are to “fixing” Horde queues besides reducing the gulf in player count; none of the suggestions you made above would remedy it.

In all honesty, and this isn’t said to defend premades, but actively making Alliance premades harder to form through artificial means would only serve to lengthen Horde queues, as you’d no longer have the top end groups cycling players out in under 10 minutes.

Within the same post you contradict yourself. It is not just a function of faction balance and you know it isn’t, because you just admitted it yourself.

This thread is about the stupid premade situation in AV that makes it completely un-fun for everyone, including alliance players. Queue times are what they are and I never said we can improve them, but those suggestions would improve the premade situation. You’re pretending they’re aimed at an entirely different problem and then calling them ineffective based on that fiction. I would appreciate if you stop with the extremely dishonest interpretation and misrepresentation of my posts.

So you want to get rid of premades cause they penalize you WHILE retaining all the perks of being in the dominant side

Hehe didn’t we all wished the world worked that way

If you want to get rid of the premades, get rid of the faction imbalance first. Sorry you can’t pick both, no matter how spoiled your parents raised you.

I take it you didn’t read my post, because nowhere did I say I want them to remove premades, I just wanted party queue, which seems like Blizzard agreed with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.