I have reported 48 bots in 8 days

I thought I was going crazy. It felt like I was seeing and reporting bots all the time. So I started to take a screenshot every time I saw a bot that I could follow and confirm myself and report to Blizzard.

48 bots in 8 days…

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/614081264751738920/817134644495122472/bots_between_feb25mar04.png

That’s 6 bots every day. Every time I log in to play this game I see more bots than human players out in the world.

Most of these bots are from Feralas and Dire Maul. But it’s the same everywhere in the world. I have never seen this many bots in any game ever. I mean, I saw more bots yesterday alone than I saw in 4 years on various private servers. I never saw this many bots before in Classic or retail or anywhere ever. This is absurd right now.

Most of these bots follow the exact same pathing. Most bots are easy to spot as soon as they turn, they always do this sharp click to move turns.

The real question is why do Blizzard LET THIS HAPPEN? There is no way they can’t detect these bots. They are so obvious. The dead ghost bots turn on the exact same spots…

EDIT: Just landed in Feralas, went to Dire Maul. reported 4 more bots…

16 Likes

Thanks for your effort. I witnessed a new influx on Retail. I reported over ten in two days, same places, all druids too. I’m not sure what is goign on.

6 Likes

I usually get a lot of these in-game letters saying that thank you for reporting someone and that some action have been taken. I haven’t got any of those in a long time now…

4 Likes

Have anyone tried repeatedly gank bots? To discourage them from practising ruining our game?
We could report usual places and race/class. Or all of them are inside instances?

They’re machines. They have no emotion, they just follow lines of code. Ganking or disrupting them does nothing except waste your own time.

3 Likes

Good day, I have reported about the same amount in last 3 days. Since support told me to get a life instead of investigating themselves and linked me their email, I’ve collected enough material and linked russian bot farm with his AH accounts. Hopefully it wont take long until I see him perish.
I thought about looking for volounteers on my server discord, since 1 single report doesn’t matter at all, it is literal waste of time.

i report everything i see, i even stream it i reported the same bot for almost half a yeat its clear they dont give a flying f about their game.

In a recent livestream where this guy talked with TBC developers, the question of bots came up… Because 58 boost for new accounts is going to mean a ton of bots in TBC

They either said soemthing incorrectly or didnt realise what they said… They essentially said that they don’t really do much about bots until the players report em.

This is a scary statement. As they aren’t actively stopping bots, just letting em run rampant till reported.

The same here. See alot of bots and I report them but nothing happens.
The same bots can be grinding for a long time in the same place.
And that is the bots we can see… Instans grinding bots are ALOT.
Blizzard really need to get their head back in the game

My very, very cynical theory is that they are tacitly encouraging botting.

Think about it. A person with a lot of spare cash will soon be able to buy 20 WoW accounts, and boost 20 characters to 58. That’s a whopping 20 TBC-levelled bots all ready and set to farm Outland at once, and all it takes is an outlay of cash.

You have to speculate to accumulate, and that cash will soon be made back, and then doubled, and tripled and quadrupled by selling gold from 20 hard-working bots that farm the zones 24/7. There’s some botters out there who are going to earn a hefty profit, for very little effort.

Meanwhile Blizzard gets a huge short-term cash boost from all these people spending hundreds on accounts and boosts.

A true symbiotic relationship.

3 Likes

Yeahh…
Left the game exactly because stuff like this.
Not the mistakes blizz makes, the lack of caring to make a propper product.

/spit

2 Likes

Except you do not necessarily need a lot of cash to buy those accounts. People are buying and selling WoW Tokens on retail and then the botters, just farm the gold, buy the tokens and convert them into Blizzard balance.

Once you get that train going, you don’t really need to spend any money on the game. As long as they have an account with gold on retail servers, they don’t really need to invest that much real money into keeping their operation going

I don’t think Blizzard makes any more money with them being around, than they would otherwise.

1 Like

I accidentally came across a bot train on gehennas server in hinterlands a few days ago.

There was like 5 mining bots that used the same exact route/waypoints were running around in a circle but right after one another. I was level 49 with my shaman and I killed all of them a few times, all level 60s except one. They didnt turn around and fight, they all kept running to the same waypoint even after being attacked.

I start from next week expedition across tanaris, eastern palguelands, feralas and silithus and few more will make cute report text so goes along with the thingy, really i dont have anything else to do in the game right now…why not report some bots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

don’t waste ur time. the only solution is prevention and better detection systems, which blizzard clearly do not care about.

bots pay the same subs and are equally valued accounts to humans that follow the rules

is to hard to make some mini games or kapcha. and bots pay for sub

I mean you can get honor points from bots and it does feel good to kill them and waste their time xp+gold p/h

Im sticking to private servers for now. Cleaner.

2 Likes

go and post on private servers then, monke

You’re not gonna get Rank 14 by killing the same dude over and over.