I have reported 48 bots in 8 days

you dont need to

Thereā€™s a bot on my server that has been operating in north-eastern Silithus for a few months now. I had reported him a few times already when I saw him this morning while questing on my priest.

This time I didnā€™t bother filing a report. Instead, I dragged the bot by mind controlling him to the border with Unā€™Goro. There I tossed him onto a rock which can be only reached by jumping from above. The botā€™s script blocked and the thing has been there for an hour. Iā€™ll check later today to see if it is still there :rofl:

9 Likes

Youā€™re doing godā€™s work, Kampf.

1 Like

Lol what a constructive response.

Dude calm down, we are at same side. All of us are wow fanatics and want a better experience. Of course we all got private server option for better gaming. But we all love old blizzard.

Why so much hate?

If we dont say anyhing to awake actiblizzion, TBC will be The Bot Craft not The Burning Crusade. Bots and 0 service is the main problem of this game atm. All brd bots will farm zangarmarsh dungeonsā€™ herbs in tbc. Besides there will be rep bots much and much more than we see in classic.

We are here to play our beloved mmorpg. And many mmorpg has died because of bots in gaming history.

Ps. And reporting is a lie, they dont ban anyone. I have been reporting the very same bot for 1 year. I got many ingame mails say ā€œthank youā€. But that bot is still farming yetis.

3 Likes

Im fine with this

TBC will definitely be The Bot Craft, that is as inevitable as the rising of the sun. People are being given the opportunity to make entire battalions of instant Outland-ready bots at the click of a button for real cash.

I strongly suspect that there will be so many bots running around on those busy megaservers that people wonā€™t be able to move for tripping over them, and crafting materials will be hard to come by, as huge armies of bots are hard to compete with.

It might not affect me, given that I play only on a medium population server that had, as far as I know, no bots at all - but it will certainly be a blight on full servers.

I had to

1 Like

Good monke.

Good idea man.U can do even better for example to make special discord for priets that want to fight bots like u did before with mindcontrol

Imagine level of autism.that what makes classic players inferior to Retail ones

go and post on retail forums then, monke

Reminder that the more bots you see the more people are there buying gold on your serverā€¦when did it became so acceptable to buy gold? I canā€™t remember that many bots back in real vanilla days

1 Like

The answer is complex. First of all, playerbase was different and will never be the same. Majority of players nowadays are so-called normies and casuals, who considered ā€œinternet billā€ to be waste of money 15 years ago and rather spend money on booze and other ā€œnormalā€ pastimes. And second obvious one is accessibility of gold purchase and fear to be banned, there are dozens of websites selling hundred of thousands of gold daily on classic alone with one click and protections against being scammed. Back in TBC you would be both banned with seller, now you wont even be flagged if you buy trough mail, because official position is ā€œanyone could have sent you that gold to get you bannedā€.

Logged in today at 6:30 am realm timeā€¦ 26 unguilded rogues in BRD, 12 unguilded hunters in Dire Maul. And thatā€™s just on my small realm.

If only Blizzard could afford to hire some in-game police to go out and manually monitor the botting situation. I know people currently donā€™t like the word ā€œpoliceā€, so maybe we could call them something else. Moderators, maybe? Or better yet, we could call them Game Masters.

Support told me they have no tools to do it and in the next sentence they asked me to do it myself and send video/screenshots to their email.

if you reported 2 more bots, you could get a ban for spamming their system.

Seen at least 100 unique rogue bots in STV and Swamp of Sorrows leveling.
Followed the higher level ones to Sunken Temple.

Spent my days just making their gear red though.

EDIT: If I get an infraction for Naming and Shaming, this is a clear confirmation they care more about keeping account numbers up, than resolving the rampant botting issues.

Itā€™s more profitable for Blizz to do nothing than to actively fight bots.
This will only change if legit players start unsubbing massively.
I just unsubbed this morning, I refuse to put up with this garbage any longer.

I invite all of you who care about this issue to do the same and to clearly indicate why youā€™re unsubbing.

This may be true, but they still ban thousands of bots on a regular occurence, they have no interest in devaluing the experience of their customers and lose even more players than those few thousand bots.

See, this is an 18 year old problem that has never been fixed by banning bots. Insanity is usually defined by repeating an action and expecting a different outcome.

Itā€™s basic economics:

• There is a demand. There will always be a supply. You will not curb the supply until you curb the demand.
  • The demand far outweighs the economic cost of getting banned/ease of access making new accounts.

Now there are real world examples of this, both good and less good. For example the war on drugs is a lost war, you cannot curb the demand as there are simply too many ways that cannot be monitored.
However, demand can change like it has the past few years were more and more produce is made organic.

Essentially, the only way to get rid of bots, is to hit them where it hurts: Their customer base and once the customer base has been removed so much that the economic costs are greater than your profits, itā€™ll disappear.

How do you go about doing this?

Before the action starts:

• Make an announcement that you will not under any circumstances accept RMT in the game whether you are a player or it is an RMT company. Failure to follow this will result in a permanent ban of your blizzard account. At least give people a chance to make amends first.

Once done you set the following into motion:

1. Make an algorithm. This algorithm monitors: Player Trades, Auction Houses, Mails if it detects a trade for something thatā€™s not worth say 1000g (I have no idea what their minimum actually is), then it will log the two parties involved and send it to a GM for investigation. This algorithm will log all trades done, so no need to figure out who bought gold, itā€™s already done this.
  2. The GM or whatever starts to monitor the account that trades this gold away to other players for worthless grey/white items. If it is a regular occurence you will know. They will also start to monitor the private chats (if any).
  3. Once confirmed, that RMT account is put on a watch list.
  4. Any player that trades with this account gets banned. Permanently and not just the WoW account. The entire Blizzard Account. No appeals.
  5. You donā€™t actually ban the RMT account (yet), you need it around to catch as many people as possible.
  6. You make a new announcement telling people that you have banned X amount of players (not bots - players) dealing with RMT accounts in as many places as possible.
  7. Once you have thinned out the customer base, you start hunting down the bots.
  8. You continue this practice - you can never stop or itā€™ll return.
  9. Profit

This is how FFXIV managed to curb their bot issues, itā€™s not perfect, theyā€™re still around but in a very limited fashion.

Just banning bots, will never solve the issue.

Thereā€™s a guy in my guild that travels to specific locations several times every single day, where he knows bots like to farm and reports each one he sees. Heā€™s obsessed with it at the moment and itā€™s been going on for a few weeks now. I dread to think how many heā€™s reported in that time, his persistence and dedication to the cause in unmatched :smiley:
Heā€™s mentioned odd behaviour starting to appear from some of them. As soon as they are targeted, the whole ā€œdruid clusterā€ (as he calls them) goes into stealth.

Editā€¦ This is on retail. I thought I was in the general forum -.- Tired eyes