I missed the Classic train…

Hi all,

When WoW Classic was released I leveled until 56 with my Gnome Mage, intended to do some high end PVE raiding and bring back the memories.

Unfortunately I had to go for work abroad and was not able to play for a long time…

I just returned this month and see my character is on a WoTLK realm which I don’t want it to be… I am a classic fan but GMs cannot (do not want to) solve the issue because it’s passed the deadline.

Hence, I am really wondering what to do at this point. Is it really worth it to reinvest the time again in a Classic realm? Are there actually still 20/40-man raids going by the time I ding 60 with all the low populations? Should I take the risk by going on a boring dead SoM realm for quicker leveling and transfer later (if this is even guaranteed go Classic)?

I really need your advice on this :wink:

4 Likes

I also missed the release of Classes so I am hoping they release 1 (or 2) fresh (or seasonal) vanilla servers following the success of WOTLK fresh servers. With the current season of Mastery closing very soon we should hear whether there will be new season very soon.

1 Like

Not as soon as I expected: Season of Mastery Realms to Become Transfer-Only. Plenty of time to use the level buff and then switch to Era, should you wish to do so.

1 Like

I still hope there will be announcement of new season sooner. It’s good that they give plenty of notice to current season players to finish what they have planned on the SOM realm and then transfer. This doesn’t prevent them opening a new server before February.

Classic and Season of mastery is not the same, so if you missed the classic train then SOM may - or may not - be for you, since it contains non-Classic elements.

Regardless of the fact if it is ‘Classic Classic’ or ‘Classic SoM’, I am wondering if I do not bear the risk of being automatically transferred to WotLK or stuck on a SoM realm. If this is a quick leveling option and I have the eligibility to transfer to all Classic Era realms I am fine with it as a work around.

I still did not have a reply unfortunately on my other questions. In case anyone can help please feel free to do so!

Yes, if you go “afk” for an extended period of time you do risk an auto-mode or even an auto-deletion (which is what happens to unmigrated characters on SOM).

All Classic Era realms are connected (not merged), and while it appears the population is low in each of them, the clusters contain a population that would match that of a regular old vanilla server or a medium pop classic server.

The biggest cluster at the moment is the PvP-Firemaw cluster. If I were you I would log in in Firemaw and go either to Orgrimmar or Stormwind to check out the pop and ask questions directly there.

On Firemaw there are raids happening every day of the week. Serveral guilds are clearing Naxx, there are a ton of pugs, pvp and also as of late there has been a revival of World Bosses pvp, which is super fun.

If you are a Classic player at heart, then you will fit in Era. The only difference with other versions of the game is that you can play at your own tempo here and your characted will remain as it is. No rat race, fortunately.

Again, log in, give it a look and assess whether it is good for you or not…!

5 Likes

You can level on SoM and then transfer to Firemaw or Pyrewood Village (other Era realms are not available for transfer), even until late February: Season of Mastery Realms to Become Transfer-Only.

1 Like

Until 14th February, where are you more likely to find other players leveling - SOM or Era realm?

You don’t. You can treansfer to Pyrewood VCillage in the English PvE cluster or Firemaw in the populated Englísh PvP cluster. All other Era servers are not target realms for SoM transfer :angry:

Era for sure.

I finished levelling a char from 1-60 on the Bonescythe SOM server. I saw one - ONE - other “person” in the entire duration of 121 hours played, and that was a hunter from the other faction.

I am currently levelling another one. Havent meet any players yet.

2 Likes

I was on Quel’Serrar a few hours ago - I was one of five.

1 Like

Lucky you - you can do a dungeon run xD

2 Likes

Hello Bananoid, i have been wondering how many of us are there on each faction on the Fiiremaw PvP cluster because if i take this website seriously
www.warcrafttavern. com/population/classic/ it shows, i think, more people on alliance.

I also have seen people leveling, i wonder if new players are joining these servers?

you cannot create new SoM chars anymore.

you should level up a new char on ERA if you like PvE. there are plenty of raids on all tiers (Firemaw Alliance and Horde is my experience)

Do not bother for PvP . it is completely broken and certainly not worth investing 6m+ into to get competitive

You say

yet you recommend the PvP cluster?

All three EU English PvE realms are merged and thriving, so if you don’t like PvP this is where you should go.

Yes you can.

only if you already have at least one

no i just said that this is what my suggestion is based on. i only played pvp servers.

PvP server type is not the issue though, there is basically 0 WpvP anyway.

I was referring to BGs. These are steadily moving to Naxx itemisation and become less and less fun (in my opinion)