I quit DF, looking forward for the next expansion

Will also play both

“I’m not burned out but i’m quitting WoW during the best expansion of all time for no good reason
and you should all pay attention to me because I need some attention”

Okay, let’s try again.

Blizzard have decided to release their patches like this:

Minor → Minor → Major

I suggest they should have done this:

Major → Minor → Minor

I say this because releasing the Major patch around May or June will coincide with the release of Diablo IV.

People obviously can’t play two time-intensive games at once, so they will choose one (especially if one costs a subscription and the other is priced at 70 bucks).

Ergo Blizzard get less than maximum value out of their game content by releasing it all on top of each other, rather than releasing it one by one.

Your reply is then to suggest that Blizzard are being clever and have already thought of this and are playing 4d chess or something:

Which is an incredibly dumb comment, because you’re not at all addressing how it is favorable for Blizzard to release their major content patch on top of Diablo IV, versus releasing it ahead of Diablo IV and postponing the minor patches.

You’re just implying that they’re clever without explaining how they’re clever.

No you’re not.

You’re going to play one at a time, unless you’re a squid.

If Blizzard had released 10.1 now, then we could all play that 100%. And then we could play Diablo IV in June 100%.

When they release both at the same time they’re not getting 100% on both games from a player who wants to play both. It’ll be 50/50 or 75/25 or 100/0 or something like that.

It’s like whenever Blizzard have released new content for Retail WoW and Classic WoW at the same time. It forces players to pick and choose, which is terrible planning. It’s always better for the players if titles/patches come out in succession, so you can focus on one at a time without any conflict.

Releasing everything at once spikes Blizzard’s MAU and revenue, which is good for the investor meetings, but long-term it’s terrible, because they just cannibalize their own games that way.
Diablo IV will absolutely cannibalize patch 10.1, which is completely unnecessary and incredibly dumb.

And I do not understand the logic of Blizzard with regard to that, if there is any logic at all.

1 Like

Forgive me but… Isn’t the next patch. The one already announced at the same time almost as this one. The one thats supposed to be the major patch? And this one the minor?

Your saying this like its a dumb thing but its always been this way that we have minor ones before the big ones. The only difference now is we know about the next big patch at the same time as the minor one.

The one we got today is the biggest ‘‘minor’’ yet before the next big one.
Whats your problem with this?

Nobody cares. We’re all going to play both at the same time.

Nobody who plays wow is going to quit wow for diablo what the hell even is this point supposed to make? Your taking crazy pills.

I am drunk as hell right now sure… But this is just insane points to make. Nobody gives a :poop: about the patch today or the next. In relation to diablo IV.

Would you feel better if they held of Diablo release to after all these patches where released? So you feel less threatened? Wtf is this?

1 Like

Yeah, I am.

I’m not going to stop playing WoW just because Diablo 4 releases and I’m not going to not play Diablo 4 just because I play WoW.

Currently I’m alternating between playing: WoW, Cyberpunk, Horizon: Zero dawn and Hearthstone. I’m not restricted to just playing one game, you know.

Hey guess what… Wanna know a secret… Sssshhhh don’t tell anyone.

“No One Cares”

There have been a million of these posts, they just blur together now and at their core they are just the same wingfest.

1 Like

Do we live on completely different planets? We’ve had multiple class reworks, bug fixes, game system updates, and even a mid-season content patch within the same tier. Not to mention a public roadmap that has even been recently updated. This has never happened in the history of this game, and I have been playing since Burning Crusade.

I am not saying those individual updates can’t be criticized, because there is definitely some critique there. The ring seems to be underwhelming, some of the class reworks seem to be questionable, and certain dungeons (like RLP) are still too hard. But to claim that DF is just a filler is disconnecting yourself from reality.

4 Likes

One day i swear it forums. I will enter these threads… And leave the same night.

And none of you will fight me! I wont get into a single argument with any of you all!

I swear it!

3 Likes

Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan Now Live! (blizzard.com)

Just look at this. Legion was released August the 30th, Return to Karaz was released October the 24th or 25th

Nighthold raid was release already in the beginning of January for Legion with 7.1.5

Jito is 100 % right. I know some ppl might find these discussions annoying, but the gaslighting has to stop.

At the same time Jito is correct that .1 looks to be releasing with D4… but that is not all it is releasing with Breath of the Wild 2 as well. Absolute disaster (although D4 is worse since it is a Blizzard release).

Expansions are supposed to be frontloaded, then you have the final (best) patch as long as possible whilst waiting for a new expansion. I honestly have no idea what Blizzard are doing, and Blizzard getting credit for releasing less content than both Legion and BFA is insane.

The power systems in this expansion also make the little content we have suffer from severe replayability issues.

Legion is pre covid era. Anyone playing wow and who have lived trough these times and felt how much that has set us all back. And expects Blizzard to be on Legion level straight away … Seriously?

Everybody suddenly a game developer who can run the worlds biggest mmo all of a sudden.

‘‘Uhh but I am a java developer here and there and we-’’ Shut the f up -.-

Nah I disagree with you completely. I enjoy running out of stuff to do. I love playing, but I like the feeling of just being done. In shadowlands for example I felt overwhelmed, and stressed out to a point, where I didn’t bother with reps, etc. I appreciated them increasing the pace of rep gain in 10.0.7, but I think this would not be necessary at all, if reputations were just account wide…

No. We have always had major patches before minor patches.

Blizzard have changed that for Dragonflight, but I don’t think their patch release schedule is very good (for the reasons I stated earlier).

I feel like I have covered that in my prior 29 posts in this thread. I’m not going to repeat myself again.

I struggle to address these replies that just narrow it down to the individual.

Dragonflight sold poorly? Well I’m having fun!
Diablo IV will cannibalize patch 10.1? Well I’m going to play both!
The story is seen as bland? Well I think the dragons are adorable!

Good for you.

Don’t know how to address these kind of comments otherwise.

As a broader point it’s obvious that the general consumer market isn’t going to pay 10 bucks for a WoW subscription just to not play it because they’re immersing themselves in the Diablo IV game they paid upwards of 100 bucks for.
And it’s obvious that WoW isn’t going to lure potential new players into the game with patch 10.1 if Diablo IV is also trying to lure those exact same players into Sanctuary.
They’re simply going to cannibalize their own product.

1 Like

Ah okey… So how many patches before this one did we have before the coming major one?

Please repeat your self because your going hard as hell on them for a first patch release.

Like whats this to loose your hair over witch order it comes in? You get to wait less.

I told you this earlier:

What’s confusing you here?

1 Like

Seriously curious how much does our game suffer from changing to major- minor patches.

to minor- major ones instead? Honest question how the hell that factors and matters into anything. You get both still

No! No it’s not. Jesus! C’mon!

Here’s the roadmap:

It goes like this:

Minor → Minor → Major → Minor → Minor → Major

If this is your retort, then I take it that me questioning the logic of Blizzard’s content schedule coinciding with Diablo IV is hard to rationalize.

Nice chat.

1 Like

NOBODY CARES! NOT ABOUT DIABLO EITHER! WITCH ORDER THEY DO IT IN!

Half this forum didn’t even think about it before you even said it!
And would have played both anyway!

That’s because half the forum are as smart as you.

1 Like

I really don’t think you understand the difference between wow and Diablo 4.

They’re in entirely different genres and both attract different type of players. While yes, there is some overlap there’s also a lot of people who aren’t going to play an arpg/hack n slash-game if they play wow. Likewise, a lot of people interested in diablo 4 have no interest in wow.

We’ll see I suppose.

It just seems unnecessarily risky to schedule the first major content patch for Dragonflight at the same time as Diablo IV is being released.

Especially when that could easily have been avoided.

And whereas you commented that you will play both at the same time with no problem, I on the other hand expect to shift my attention entirely toward Diablo IV. Had Blizzard released patch 10.1 now, then I would have played it happily. But if they release it around the time of Diablo IV I will simply ignore it.
I do not see how that is to Blizzard’s advantage, regardless of whether they look at the kind of customer you are or the kind of customer I am.

1 Like