I quit DF, looking forward for the next expansion

Oh no… the Horror… how will we all ever survive if people do this…

Curious since I heard it brought up by Dratnos recently in a developer interview:

And if you think about it from certain player segments, then there might be some concerns here. Let’s take World First Raiders or MDI for example. If everyone is streaming Diablo IV on twitch, don’t you think there’s some conflict of interest for the top players about whether they should be going hard on Diablo IV with all the viewers, or doing World First Race in WoW or Mythic+ keys?
That becomes an annoying dilemma that could be avoided by simply not releasing everything around the same time.

1 Like

No… No im done. Im done now. Yep we are both done… We are done right? You agree? Thats awesome! So happy we found common ground about how done we both are.

Its so nice to be done… And don’t worry. WoW will still be here, This will still happend… And nothing is going to change… Again.

I just reply to comments that I think warrants a response.

You do you.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Completely different games.

One very important factor is the 3-month sub. They should try to keep the subs going, past the initial expansion release, therefore major update within 3 months is needed.

I disagree, but time will tell.

Sure, I can understand it from a business point of view. It also makes a lot of sense if you view it from their quarterly investor reporting. But from a player point of view it is not ideal.
And I don’t think it’s good for long-term growth either. But they seem to chase the short-term and immediate growth more than anything. Ah well.

1 Like

I love these posts where people talk about quitting wow like they quit their jo or something

Its not easy being green.

Covid is a terrible excuse.

Like probably many others in this forums, I’ve worked the games industry left for other tech job cause the industry treats staff like crap. I will tell you now, the same as any rational other person would, any tech company worth their salt, covid didn’t really change anything.

Bunch of sweaty nerds in a room by themselves working is no different than bunch of sweaty nerds in a bigger room working. Your argument would have validity if we were working in the 90’s but it was the 2020’s everyone was already using teams/other IM services for internal messaging anyway, most companies also had flexi were some people worked from home, they all use Jira or shotgun or literal name any of the other handful of digital project boards.

Also the DF story is trash it’s unjustifiably bad, there is less story in DF than in any other expac so far. That’s not opinion either from an actual writing stand point it’s bad. Pacing is terrible, plot is next to non-existent. I’ll give an example, what do our characters know about the threat now 5months in that they didn’t know pre release… I’ll wait cause the answer is nothing.

3 Likes

they probably play wow so much it is like a job to them lol. When i actively play wow i play alot of it too but damn ill never understand why people always feel the need to write goodbye messages as if they are some celebrities trying to justify themselves so people leave them alone

1 Like

so many bobby k shills in this thread quite sad they are happy with the scraps they get from their master’s table like the good little doggies they are

2 Likes

Well, good luck, mate. Dragonflight is hell of fun for me, even with only the first phase released. I’m actually eager to find out what is going to happen in the story next.

You could give Wootlooka Classic a go, but as a TBCC player since the beginning, I’ve this feeling that I don’t feel strong enough in the expansion, where everything is so limited. You can max-level everything in no time. Whereas on Retail… Man, it never ends. So many things from several expansions to grind, and the secondary professions, and the mounts… don’t get me started on the mounts. Luckily, pros outnumber the cons by far. You get to meet more people and form better, stronger friendships. To be frank, it really depends on what you want to do. I was in Classic, but then I quit come Wootlooka Classic, for it would kill too much of my time, which I do not have enough to spare due to work and real life. So, I switched to Retail to play solo, and actually ended up loving the Dragonflight xpac.

All in all, if you want to interact with more people and make friends and play with them instead of having to PUG most of the time—go Wootlooka Classic, Classic Era, or maybe Final Fantasy XIV. However, if you like the solo experience, stay Dragonflight—more and more content will be added in time, don’t worry. We haven’t seen the end of the content they have to offer in Dragonflight.

WoW is very cheap for the amount of hours you can actually play it.

My priest has 21 days played alone since DF launch and then I’ve got other characters.

I don’t even have any steam game at 500 hours, the game with the highest amount of hours is at like 200 something. Most games last me like 50-60 hours. The games that have lasted the longest are those with high degree of replayability, like slay the spire or rimworld but they’ve got nothing on WoW.

Total playtime on my alliance priest that’s existed since vanilla is 410 days. It would be really difficult to find games that would last that long. That’s several games worth of time, that I’ve instead spent in WoW.

Just going out for one evening would cost more than WoW does for a year.

Can i has your gold please

big true, if you compare how much you spend on wow vs how much you’d have to spend on other forms of entertainment, all of a sudden wow is very reasonably priced.

I know people who are 26, don’t have a job, live at their parents and play wow all day XD that’s sad lol

I did quit befor df and asked blizz wipe my 14y account, but here i am with new acc anyways :joy: in DF :rofl:

1 Like

Why do you tell me this?!

Are you the one who’s quitting like the OP? No?
Are you the one who’s complaining like me? No?

Then why in God’s name is it relevant to hear that you who enjoy the game thinks it’s great value because you’ve already played it sooooooo much?

I brought up the matter of price in response to someone saying that the criticism and complaining came from the point of:

My response to that was to say that my criticism and complaining is entirely my prerogative, because I have paid (a lot) for this product. That gives me the right to criticize it and complain about it if I don’t think it is a satisfying product.

And I don’t. So I criticize and complain. That is my right and it is my prerogative.

If you enjoy the game and think it is great value, then good for you. Freaking fantastic dude. Absolutely wonderful. Have some confetti: :tada::tada::tada:

The point however is not to have a discussion on value - to each his own.
The point is simply to explain the basis for why I feel validated and entitled to criticize and complain, and it is not because I don’t have a job and play WoW all the time.

1 Like

Yea fully agree it is a boring unbalanced sh1t game. Blizzard is wack

2 Likes

You haven’t though when you compare to other stuff.

As said, wow is very cheap.

An rpg game on steam that costs like 50-60 euros lasts like max 50 hours, if even that.

A few drinks when going out and you’ve paid more than wow costs, including buying and subbing, in just a few hours.

I really can’t understand how someone says wow costs a lot. Like, just ordering a pizza from a pizzeria costs more than the sub for wow but you probably don’t complain about pizza prices even though you don’t really need to eat pizzas.

If I want to rent a canoe during the summer for fun I’m looking at quite a hefty price for just a few hours as well. Probably cheaper to get 6 month sub in wow than spending a few hours in a canoe.

Wow is a very cheap hobby when you actually start comparing prices. So don’t come here bsing about having paid a lot.

I am not comparing.

I am telling you that as a customer, consumer, and player, I have so far handed over 130 euro to Blizzard since this game was released.

That makes me entitled to complain and criticize the game, the service, and the product, if I am not satisfied.

And I am not.

It makes the OP entitled to express his thoughts on the game as he has done.

That is all.

I do not say this to start a discussion on value.
I say it to rebut the previous poster who sought to undermine the credibility of the expressed criticism by suggesting that those who expressed it (me) had no job and probably played WoW all the time.
That was a disrespectful ad hominem and a pitiful thing to say, and I rebutted it on the merit of being a paying customer who is entitled to express their opinion on a product they have paid for.
And that’s what I am doing.

It cannot be fair to establish a scenario where those who enjoy the game are the reasonable people with good opinions, and those who don’t enjoy the game have no jobs and no-life the game.
That’s being disrespectful, it’s insulting, and it’s intolerable.
I would expect an apology for being stereotyped this way, but this is the forum, so I probably just get more of the same.

1 Like