I quit DF, looking forward for the next expansion

I dont care how minor they are. If the quality is better when it comes to story.

Beats having a typical big world ending bad with a covid raspy throat voice that we always kill at the end with literally no character at all.

Thats as far as story goes.

When it comes to content such as new raids and zones etc… At least now they dish them out way faster than they did in Shadowlands. And if all you play for is m+ and raids anyway why would you complain? (Not you… But those who do play for that)

The lich kings voice before Blizzard gave him covid. And every single world ending boss afterwards.

The voice of Arthas and Ner’zhul… echoing into one

Like… I dont care how few quests we get. As long as Blizzard doesn’t just dish them out for quantity before quality. I wanna see where this is going.

1 Like

Better than what?

I would say the response to the story of Dragonflight has been lukewarm at best. It’s seen as passable because it’s not terrible, but that’s about it as far as praise goes.

In that regard it’s better than Shadowlands so far, but that’s a very low bar to beat, and hardly something to elevate as an achievement.

Pretending that Dragonflight is a marvel because it’s perhaps marginally better than Shadowlands is a very sad point to argue from in my opinion.

1 Like

We have got one single patch content patch since release! I am not saying it is a marvel yet… And yes comparing it to Shadowlands is a lowbar I agree… But come on… give this expac a few tries first before we condemn it to failure already!

That’s my point.

1 Like

It’s the first expansion we got since the covid set back happend… We can’t expect things to be 5/5 stars straight out of the gate so soon… At least thats what I think. I believe Blizzard is still in the catching up phase after that… And they did really great before. I wouldn’t loose faith so quickly yet. Although I might just be a fanboy addict, but still.

They are changing too… trying new things and content. Give it some time!

:Edit: Developing a new expansion… One expansion or several for all we know. Ahead of time. And the patches that follow. The story development that comes along with them.

It’s not done as fast and easy as it seems the average WoW players believes it does.

too subtle for green i think but made me chuckle

i think there is a hell of a lot of good things in dragonflight, but also areas of concern. Criticism needs to aim at those areas of concern and highlight them for discussion. As customers we can’t do much more than that to help.

if we were discussion a small indie dev i’d agree with you.

Then so do that…

All you have done so far is saying this

What would help you here then and give you more content in your regards?

Also your transmog is a fashion disaster… And im calling the fashion police right now.

Feels like people think since WoW is the biggest mmo. and Blizzard biggest company. You all think they can develop games like some omnipitent gods xD

Just have a look at any smaller mmo company, And see how long it takes to do even remotely the same.

Guild wars 2 can barely release one dungeon a year if they are lucky.
Game development is not that that easy and fast going as you all think.

If Blizzard hadn’t spent their time on the Storm’s Fury event, the Trading Post, and The Forbidden Reach, then they could have spent that time on patch 10.1 instead, and it could have been released now instead of being on the PTR.

It’s terrible planning to release two minor patches first and have the major patch come out 6-7 months after the expansion’s release. It’s way too late.

The lesson of every expansion is that when a new expansion releases it’s important that Blizzard quickly come out with a major content patch to keep people engaged in the game and maintain the momentum from the expansion release.

Releasing two minor patches over the course of 4 months is exactly what they’ve been told not to do time and time again. Why? Because people quit! People play through the box product experience, then they get bored, and there’s no new content on the horizon, so they quit! And then the subscriber numbers plummet. That’s how it always goes. The only time it’s gone different was in Legion – exactly because Blizzard were quick to release a major content patch and follow it up with more content patches.

And to add insult to injury, then Blizzard have patch 10.1 on the PTR now, and by conservative estimate it will be ready for release around May or June.
That is the worst kind of internal production planning in the history of Blizzard.
It’s right around the same time that Diablo IV will release – on June 6.
So what is going to happen? Blizzard are going to release patch 10.1 and no one will care, because everyone will be off to play Diablo IV.
It’s so dumb that it boggles the mind.
If they had any brain at Blizzard they would have prioritized work on patch 10.1 from the start and released it around now where everyone would be eager to play it.
Instead they’ve prioritized making two minor patches that no one really cares about, and when they finally release 10.1 – the major content patch – no one will care either, because they’ll all be off to play Diablo IV!

And the only reason they’re just releasing it all in a big pile is because they’re obsessed with meeting their internal quarterly targets ahead of the investor meetings. So rather than doing some smart long-term planning where they release new content for each of their games in succession so players are always occupied with something and looking forward to something else, they just pile it all up and fire it off as quickly as they can so they can report more MAUs and revenue in their investor calls.

They’re amateurs.

1 Like

If final fantasy thought Blizzard anything… then this part just here… Is that not all players care only for the latest raid or such development. People left WoW because they felt all other parts of the game where abandoned in development for these things alone.

That Blizzard dedicates development to these things such as the trading posts and other zones and content besides the next m+ dungeons or raid is a good thing. Also the traiding post.

Blizzard lost enough of players to final fantasy than any other ‘‘WoW killer’’ Than ever before.

10.1 now? New season? Yeah… No, that’s just way too soon. Hall of fame just filled up the other day.

Doesn’t have to be a new Season.
Blizzard could release Trial of Valor in Legion and Crucible of Storms in BfA without ushering in a new Season.
Blizzard makes the patches and decide what goes into them. And what doesn’t. If it isn’t desirable to have a new Season, then they can simply choose not to have one. It’s that simple.

1 Like

So people who pushed m+ at the right time(Read 10.1) would be better off than people who pushed in 10.0.5 or 10.0.7. That just sounds awful.

Indeed. What makes you think they didn’t? Oh wait… It wasn’t what you wanted…

It might be unimaginable to think. But maybe Blizzards latest patches and such. Didn’t have m+ and raiders only in their priorities…

It’s that simple.

Incredibly weird take.

We’re talking about Blizzard investing a ton of development resources into making 10.1 just to release it at the same time that the Diablo team is releasing their long-awaited triple A title that’s going to completely overshadow 10.1 in WoW.

That’s terrible internal planning no matter how you slice it.

That’s an incredibly dumb take. A quick look at my character would tell you that I have next to no care for Seasons in WoW.

My point was simply to say that Blizzard are the ones who make WoW. They invented Seasons! They are the ones who decide when there are new Seasons! It’s not some God-written scripture that dictates when a new Season should begin.

2 Likes

And thats increadibly dumb to assume I go by your character or whatever you do. Before what you actually put value into and say to me in these posts.

But i apologize… I should take you less seriously.

I wrongfully assumed these things where what you put value into what content was

Except not everyone is going to play diablo 4.

I know several people that play WoW but are not going to touch diablo 4, because… They don’t play diablo games.

You can also play both, which is what I’m going to do.