I quit DF, looking forward for the next expansion

Well my subscription runs out in a couple of days, after which I’ll renew it for another month so I can play through patch 10.0.7.

After that I think I’ll unsubscribe for a longer period of time (months), because I don’t believe the game will provide enough immediate enjoyment to be worth paying the monthly subscription for, or invest the needed time into.

Then after the game has gotten a number of content patches there’ll be so much new content that the immediate enjoyment of the game will be well worth the cost of the monthly subscription.

Until that content dries out. Unsubscribe again. Rinse and repeat.

I believe Ion Hazzikostas calls this a “cyclical” approach to WoW, but “breaks” work as well, I think.

1 Like

Fair enough, I’ve come to feel that the best content is the content players make themselves, that’s why I enjoy random BGs alot nowadays - every BG is different, you can approach the objectives differently each game. E.g in Ashran I could defend the solar sphere, or try to reach behind enemy lines and kill stragglers on the road.

I’m probably Blizzard’s ideal subscriber, I enjoy playing even when there’s no new content for a year :smiley:

A new BG every now and then would be nice though!

Alrighty, see you on Thursday!

2 Likes

Wrath has its own problems. It is OLD and ANACHRONISTIC.

Cannot play with friends on other realms, no LFG tool, it requires a lot more time spent on going from A to B. On DF, I login and can be at a dungeon doing my M+ within 5-10 minutes.

Wrath uses some “old” weird models, why? What’s the benefit? Maybe get players to buy 800x600 VGA cards too ?

1 Like

thats still more than we normally got in minor patches. Normally minor patches were pretty much only balancing

I’ll give you Shadowlands. Patch 9.1.5 was nothing to write home about.

It’s also worth pointing out that Blizzard have flipped the script with Dragonflight.

After an expansion release we used to get a Major patch followed by a Minor patch.

Blizzard came out with Nighthold and the Suramar Campaign in Legion AFTER having already dropped Return to Karazhan and Trial of Valor!

There was simply more content up-front when we started out with a Major patch followed by a Minor patch, rather than the Dragonflight style where we get two Minor patches (which is technically one Minor patch broken up in two) before we get a Major patch.

And again, I would be more amendable to Dragonflight’s content cadence if there was more content in the box product experience. But Dragonflight is a very small expansion when compared to behemoths like Legion and Battle for Azeroth. You simply run out of content much faster and are therefore in need of patches much sooner. And then it’s no comfort in being told that you can expect the first Major patch 6-7 months after the expansion’s release.

How is classic Era? I quit og Classic (Naxx patch) because of the toxicity / class stacking / speedruns / GDKP BS that was widespread. Gave TBC Classic a shot but it was more of the same.

Is this similar to old classic or is this more casual / like early Classic (that was awesome).

You can easily check yourself. Go to Firemaw, ask them for the server discord and browse the pug scene.

There’s a mix of both. On Alliance there is a clown or two spamming their GDKP runs in trade and LFG chat. You can put those clowns on ignore (one of the clowns has 3 alts or something, you’ll quickly notice them if you pay attention to the chats and can proceed to ignore them all), and then you’ll get a Vanilla-esque feeling from the channels. There is a speedrunning guild or two, but also a few casual guilds, and plenty of PuG’s. 20 man raids are run daily, usually around peak hour sometimes during the day as well. 40 mans you might have to join a guild for, as I rarely see them advertised in LFG. All in all you’ll get a cosy medium population server vibe, this is assuming you’re on Firemaw. Pyrewood Village is smaller and I can’t speak for the activity over there.

Tomorrow is pretty big tbh and its not even a .1 patch

New zone
New faction
New quests
New epic ring
Heirtage Armour

And more beside’s and people are expecting season 2 end of april/may lots of positive’s and i am a full on blizzard hater but even i can see massive changes from SL.

Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Return to the Forbidden Reach Arrives March 21st (NA) / 22nd (EU) - Wowhead News

Looking for group channel is awful with min/maxer’s :frowning:

Ironically reading this I feel like playing a different game.

The most gold I did butter into my gear on 1 single character was maybe around 50k Gold in total. Which isn’t much for the average player in WoW within an entire season.

Second, M+… I don’t play at high levels at the moment, but this season so far has been not toxic for me at all. Sure, I had leavers here and there but I can count those on 1 hand basically. Idk, maybe I am just a magnet for friendly players in WoW (who could have thought of that with my behavior, being nice and all…).

I do share the same feeling tho. But not because it isn’t fun. I just don’t play at the moment for 2 reasons:

1.) My new PC eats power like a champ and playing now actually can run me poor.
2.) I am currently unemployed so without income I don’t want to waste hours on gaming.
3.) There isn’t much to do for me right now in DF S1. But once S2 goes live I have A LOT of reasons to raid, hell even play rated PvP for transmogs.

Because wrath classic is utter dog. It’s ironic how DF has far more open world and social content than Wrath and yet people continue talking about delusions like “bonds” there.

Rofl, what.

Add in the Storm’s Fury event and Trading Post and that’s what we’ve gotten after ~4 months of Dragonflight.

By the same time in Legion we had gotten the following:

Karazhan Dungeon.
Trial of Valor Raid.
Nighthold Raid.
New World Quests.
Suramar Campaign.
Suramar Campaign continued.
Mists of Pandaria Timewalking.
Blade’s Edge Arena update.
Brawler’s Guild Season.
New legendaries.
Micro Holidays.

I am looking forward to the new patch tomorrow, but that doesn’t detract from the point that there’s still too little content overall.

1 Like

Didn’t they push so much content in Legion because they ditched WoD?

Didn’t they ditch Shadowlands?

(I can do a similar list for BfA just for the record)

2 Likes

On Pyrewood? 10

Yes, it is. Classic era is goated though. I made probably 10 times the friends of 6 months playing classic vanilla 4 years ago than in my last 3 years of playing retail. The reason in my opinion is that the game is just a “real” mmorpg sandbox, where the players create the content. I like retail too, because retail makes me feel mechanically challenged, and I love the warcraft universe, all the transmog eyecandy, etc. and its lore. However, it’s impossible to turn retail into something close to vanilla designwise, so both should stay true to themselves imo

1 Like

Would yet another expansion where flooding the daily and weekly chore list with random things really be preferable?

Brawler’s guild and a new dungeon would be nice but I don’t really see the point in spending any time making more ruby sanctums to fill a small content drought.

Very happy we’re not getting a “continued suramar campaign”, oh no I ran out of mana, guess these 5 minutes of story will do for this week.

1 Like