I think they should have made changes to Classic

I did buy classic for my 14th Birthday in 2004 however my family PC at the time would explode if I stepped foot about 50 yards from Stormwind, I rejoined in 2006 and played all the way up to the beginning of BFA where I quit day 1.

Classic has so much going for it but in my opinion also needs so much improvement and think a middle ground between Legion - Classic would have been ideal.

The world isn’t new anymore and doesn’t have the wow factor it did 15 years ago.
When the first game was released 15 years ago it was insane, no game had ever done it and you would just be walking around with your draw dropped, shocked when you saw someone, an actual person fly over. You were a brave adventurer in this vast world but the world isn’t new anymore, the wow factor has gone. Its 15 years old, people have had mounts for over 10 years and nobody really feels any surprise or shock value in seeing a 50 scorpion whilst questing in Redridge - Blasted lands.

Little things like Rogue combo points falling off before you can use a finisher are extremely frustrating and the energy regeneration is appalling. Often going - Sinister strike, Sinister strike, Slice and dice - oh he’s dead, time to do again

When you use sap as a rogue it takes you off stealth unless you spec into it and even then it still has 10% chance to fail.

Warriors weapon is far, far too slow and is just an autoattack junkie with - “I’m out of rage, I’m out of rage”

Casters OOM far too fast.

(I dont at all want BFA where I just leap in, press 1 button. AOE 16 mobs down but I atleast want to be able to use my abilities at some point)

The flight paths are far, far too sparce and it just makes Classic feel like a walking simulator.

Some of the Graveyards are so dumb and one time I died in STV to appear at the Duskwood Graveyard and each of these things is enough for me o leave my character dead, log out and never want to play him again.

I hate the way you cant migrate as I have already ignored so many people;
First guild hits on a 15 year old girl - I ignore and leave.

Second guild shares videos of beheadings and people having sex with decapitated animal heads - I leave, call them all freaks and ignore entire guild

Third a guildie rogue (Who is 6 levels higher than me) Brings me to a place where the mobs are 39 stealthers, I pull and he is “L2p, you’re a bad rogue” When I was Gladiator rated and mythic raider, played since WOTLK. I ignore him, leave his guild and thats me with a bad reputation playing with morons.

Game is absolutely awesome as Alliance in Elwyn, Westfall, Redridge and Duskwood, then STV comes and I cannot bare myself to even login let alone fly to Bootybay, run all the way to the top zzzzzzz.

You get 10g and ding onto an even number - time to learn my talents and now I have 40 silver.

Retail is absolute crap because its 0 challenge bore mode kill everything - go, go, go
Classic is just as boring once you hit a certain level as its walk, walk, walk, flight path, flight path. Auto attack, sloooooooooow

WOTLK was basically in between the 2 to a certain extent which is why that expansion was considered the peak of the games history.

I quit BFA day 1 of the expansion, wrote on forums and got downvoted into oblivion but I was right.
I am now predicting that Classic wont last long and give it a few months before about 40% of the player base quits and goes to Retail or just quits all together.
Its too slow, too much of a chore and a job.
The combat is not interesting at all and whilst people like to go from 1-30 with the feeling of accomplishment.
When you hit 50, going from 50 to 52 is like getting to 1 to 30 all over again.
People WILL quit…Or atleast as my prediction anyway.

I really do hope that people continue to enjoy this game, I don’t want to convert anyone at all and genuinely wish people would enjoy themselves its just there is a reason so many improvements were brought into this game and resurrecting a 15 year old game with virtually 0 improvements isn’t a good idea.

Especially as people have been doing exactly the same thing on private servers since.

Stupid, pointless rant but I absolutely loved Classic for a few days but now I cant bring myself to login or fly to Stranglethorn at all.

Its a shame, was so hyped about this and its dried up like my s3men count since 2004.

Again hope you guys enjoy it, good luck and I will try to have fun in Classic but its so damn hard to at the moment and its really, really not alt friendly at all.

1 Like

Said the group that cleared mc and onyxia with full green and bunch of level 50s.

6 Likes

Exactly that

Honestly the game you wasn’t isn’t classic.

1 Like

If you don’t like Retail and Classic annoys you so much maybe go play other games instead? Majority of people don’t want any/major changes, it’s been pretty clear by this point.

3 Likes

Raiding was often not the hardest content in Classic. The hardest thing about raiding was getting enough people and hope not too many end up dcing.

When people say Classic is more challenging they’re generally referring to the open world being more dangerous. Not instanced content.

Everquest would like to speak with you.

It sounds like you don’t like either version of WoW.

I am curious as to what made you quit day 1. You absolutely would not have gotten to see much content in just a day.

I agree it isn’t but it seems Blizzard would rather make easy money releasing a game that was already developed by a different team over a decade ago rather than address the issues in Retail WoW.

@Merra - If you google 'Uninstalled already, I told you 5 hours into BFA" You will see my reasonings, all of them were correct, I dont need to put 100x hours into see how it would have been. Just like I dont need 100x hours to know that Classic will fail too.

You said quit to many times i quit reading the post.

Maybe wow isnt for you…

4 Likes

Some of the stuff in that post you would have known before launch though.

You would have known the basic story premise, and the lack of set gear. Also I think you should have expected the quests to be “kill/collect X of Y” because Blizzard have been pushing these quests in droves since forever. If anything it’s standard practice to have these quests in mmos. Never mind how the pre-patches give a lot of insight as to how classes will act in the following expansion. Did you somehow expect this stuff to significantly change on launch?

Sure you don’t need to play 100 hours to know if a game is good, but you played for a mere five. That’s nothing for a mmorpg expansion. Unless Retail changed dramatically since I quit in WoD, you probably didn’t even finish even just the first zone in five hours. Did you even get to see a dungeon? You certainly didn’t even remotely step foot in to any manner of end-game, casual or otherwise.

Sorry but I feel like you, maybe without realising, decided you would dislike BFA before even playing it. Some of the things you complained about you would have known about them long before launch, and when the expansion launched you barely dipped your toe in before deciding you hate it.

I haven’t played BFA myself but unlike you, when I saw for sure that the problems I had with WoW still weren’t addressed I stayed away. You clearly saw your issues were not, but went in anyway somehow expecting things to be different than advertised.

And then you complain about Classic being…well, Classic.

Maybe you need to start facing the fact that WoW just isn’t for you anymore. You obviously like things about it if you keep coming back, but you don’t like enough to even grudgingly continue playing. People change and what they want from life changes too, and that’s okay. You should spend time doing things that make you happy, and maybe that means leaving WoW behind.

3 Likes

I agree and I did actually come back to BFA a few months later, got to 120, did Dungeons etc. It was still awful but I felt I needed to give it an honest try.

The reason I knew it was going to fail was; No new talents, No new abilities, We became weaker and lost abilities as we levelled, a GCD change was implemented so characters felt slower, lost artifact weapon, lost legendaries, my 0 cd garrote became 6 second. If that isn’t enough reasoning for me to quit in 5 hours then I dont know what is but yes, I came back 3-4 months later, got 120, did dungeons and raids, still boring and I quit that month again.

Yeah, I know you’re right. WOW isn’t for me anymore but that isn’t because I changed and grew out of it. Its because WOW changed and WOW Classic is 15 years out of date, is slow, boring, terrible combat and a giant walking simulator with a world that isn’t new and gives no wow factor anymore.

I just hope Blizzard burns and dies.

Nobody cares what you want, classic wow is a result of 300,000 signatures which all said they want the original game back.

Not the original game back with changes according to the preferences of Sethroguen, just the original game back, full stop.

5 Likes

Youre entitled to your wrong opinion.

dude you have to roll on stonespire alliance, i have too much to reply to in this post - agree with almost all of it though!

Exactly this and even though i’m admittedly still a little salty about crappy AV, i’ll take the rest happily!

Well OP sounds like you want Blizzard to design a game tailored to your preferences. It doesn’t work that way. QoL creeped into the game and got it to the state it is now. And all that guild cr@p you’re dealing with, you know you could at least scout around for decent guilds. Every server has a discord channel. Don’t just join a cess pool at the first invite.

On the leveling subject, when there is a will there is a way. Our server is already jam packed with level 60s.

1 Like

Yeah, thats true. I just personally think with what Blizzard have done in the game I could make a far better game than BFA and WOW classic.

Taking the combat depth of MOP (Or any of expansions with good combat)
Removing the prunes that WOD implemented and the scaling legion implemented.
I would have it an MMORPG experience just like classic but would add in more flight paths and death spawns
I would encourage people to group up and would probably allow a slider of exp gained and another slider of difficulty which would cost x amount of gold and increase (Just like resetting your talents) Only when you have max level characters.

Every first dungeon you would need to travel there, then after that you can unlock an LFG system (Only for that particular dungeon/raid) that would notify you if someone needs to travel but you get a bonus for helping them travel to said distance.

No flying mounts and mounts exactly same as current classic.

Random scenarios occur, like a world boss that drops loot in any given area around the world giving a reason to travel to places no one goes anymore. (Once killed you can choose between exp, loot, gold or craft items)

I would bring back re-forging

Bring back twinking

Bring back 5v5

And so many other ideas (I know these are all my ideas and its incredibly selfish of me to think everyone would want these changes but in my eyes they would make a far better, fairer game)

Go and create your petition for it then, go and get your 300,000 signatures, go and create a private server and show them the proof of concept, because that’s exactly what brought Classic back… feel free, but I don’t see how this is relevant to classic?

Because I think Classic is massively flawed/boring to play and there was a reason why so many changes were brought in.

In my eyes it is a walking simulator with the combat of runescape just without the actual good/interesting quests.

We aren’t going to agree, you like Classic and are offended I hate it. I hate Classic and will fail to see the reasoning as to why its great and 300k people signed the petition.

You must be trolling at this stage.

Then don’t play it, duh. Nobody will change the game because of you, mister special snowflake.