If you care about the game, cancel your sub

Quess i don’t give a f about WoW, so i keep playing and paying.

It’d be amusing if a lot of people actually did this, while adding in the reasoning tab that they’re extremely unsatisfied with how Blizzard dealt with TBC. If you subscribe again just before launch, fair enough (I will), but just to send them a message

I can’t cancel it, but I won’t buy a new gamecard. :slight_smile: Was looking forward to TBC with the guild but ain’t going to play it after all.

4 Likes

Can I have your gold?

That’ll be 300g on Razorgore. Not worth your time, don’t bother

2 Likes

I cancelled my sub today , wont play tbc either. I think this was the straw for me. Yall enjoy it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh “love it or leave it” boys showed up really early this time. They did the same thing on retail and now their new target is classic so they fill the void in their lives by telling other people to quit the game.
Their entire life cycle is - sleep 5-8 hours a day, eat for 1h, take a dump 30 mins and then tell people to quit if they don’t like something in the game the other 15+ hours on forums and social media.

I hope you don’t quit the game. I hope you stay and still voice your opinion on things that you don’t think to be good for the game.

As for the release date: Yes, 2 weeks of pre-patch is really not good enough for most players to level a new character. But at the same time, in og TBC you couldn’t level the new races/classes before the release anyway.
And yes, it was a bit sketchy to announce this late. But at the same time, the game has become really boring lately and its good to have new content.

About 35 dollars for a clone - disgusting and greedy move.
70 dollars for deluxe edition - the whole boost thing is a horror move anyways but I don’t find the package too expensive for a boost buyer.

All in all, I’m not so mad about the dates. Yes, prepatch could be a bit longer. I would say 3 weeks was a better sweetspot, 4 was a bit too much and 2 is too short.

Whatever, I hope that you don’t quit the game. But if you do, please give your gold to me and not the other ones.

2 Likes

Cant wait to buy my deluxe edition

4 Likes

Well my Rogue still has 30 days so i plan to gank and corpse Camp every bloodelf i see 24/7 :wink:

3 Likes

I’m gonna play Classic vanilla. If they dare to touch that with an MTX I’ll quit and stay playing RuneScape. Old school that is.

1 Like

I had like 10m gold in retail when I quit and I bought game time with all of it as well I can’t quit anytime soon lel.
I invite you to a greater cause though - gank boosters instead of only BEs.

1 Like

True. You can cause panic in their board meeting next week If everyone exactly states why they cancel.

:joy:

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried…

Blizzard lose and gain tens of thousand’s of subs daily so a few hundred salty players unsubbing won’t make them lose sleep.

Sadly, players who care about the game canceling their subs won’t make any difference in my opinion. By stopping to publish their subscriber numbers, they pretty much revealed that they don’t care about a consistent healthy population anymore. They make up for the loss in subscribers by releasing some new store mount or pet or toy or whatever. It’s basically like a mobile game making most of their profit from 1% of the playerbase. Maybe a bit less extreme but in a nutshell that’s what it seems like to me.

1 Like

Why does the wow forums always attract drama queens.

Did you honestly expect this post to gain 4-5k replies all in support of your suggestion?

The majority of players are excited for the launch, and your forum rebellion sub cancellation will be vastly outnumbered by returning and new players for TBC.

1 Like

That myth of “voting with your wallet” doesn’t work in reality. Especially in the industry of videogames.

It’s hard for me to see people “excited” about a rushed 2-week pre-patch release.

Why not? I did it every time with every game I wasnt happy anymore

Cool, so you going Aldor or Scryers, bro?

1 Like

Because individuals won’t make a reasonble difference and mass enough effect for developers to notice, it needs to be a community movement to have some effect. Considering that they are changing their rails to even make classic profit start to be MTX first sub second, where whales will be first priority payers.

World chat on my realm was ecstatic with the news of pre-patch and tbc launch. Same goes with my guild and WoW related discord servers. The forums really does attract a certain individual.

I even had 9 friends come online that I haven’t seen since phase 2-3 of Classic.

1 Like