I'm concerned by the amount of High Elves

Truly some of the lore of all time. One can only hope Jaina slips on a banana peel on top of a comically long flight of stairs at some point.

1 Like

Blizzard literally added High Elves to Stormwind in Vanilla.

Retcon? Yes, probably.
But even if its a retcon, its now lore. Otherwise, well Draenei’s existence are one giant Retcon that got retconned in later then High Elves

3 Likes

World of Warcraft is one of the games ever made

Nope, it’s just that one of the main points where the High Elves went after their exodus is Stormwind. There are spots of High Elf activity in Outland, but that’s because they were groups within the Sons of Lothar remnants who had been stuck in there since the Second War, like the Allerian Stronghold.

5 Likes

Imagine having character progression, instead of race changing ur character 50 times

Which also isn’t what happened, so nice to see that you continue browning ur pants and bring IC (aka headcanon by default) happenings into a conversation where you are being proven wrong by canon lore.

2 Likes

Again, and you might have to go around the strawmen pulled up, my original argument was not that hogh elves didn’t exist.

It was that I see an unusually low (well, one in 100) amount of high elves that actually conform to one of these origins or lores and doesn’t just pretend they are a blood elf teleported to Stormwind.

1 Like

I think it was a retcon, because I think in War3 they said all Thalassian Elves became Blood Elves?

Not sure on that, though! So might aswell not have been a retcon either

1 Like

I am unsure what progression there can be between a player and their alts, let’ be fair.

1 Like

:poop: :jeans:

3 Likes

This is an extremely weird and unnecessary hill to die on, honestly. High elves exist, they’re established, and they’re popular for a reason.

15 Likes

They did become Blood Elves, but there was a split in the RPG, as well as TBC when it came out.

When it came to the RPG, the Blood Elves became hyper-focused on vengeance to the point they became completely unhinged, pretty much destroying the entirety of Quel’thalas in a fit of rage so the Scourge couldn’t have it and then leaving it behind, which caused a lot of elves to leave and become High Elves again because DAMN.

For Warcraft, it’s a bit of the unhinged part, and a bit about the Regent Lord’s council having people drain burning crystals and other living beings to survive, a bit about Kael’thas (who they didn’t know had abandoned them until TBC’s late game went into effect in the lore), so on.

The point is, there is a clear “Yeah, something caused a rupture in the remnants of Quel’thalas” even all the way back in Vanilla, but exactly what caused it differs.

3 Likes

Because they’re shmexy.

While I agree with this in principle, I do wonder if it becomes a slippery slope if enough people do it to the point where there are bubbles galore.

The population of RPers does go down over time, so surely there’d be a critical mass? Just curious if that’s maybe happened in other serves (but I do know non RPers caused a lot of shenanigans as well).

2 Likes

Need to get your eyes checked, then.

4 Likes

Sure. But what is one to do, really? Saying people have to engage with everyone equally will likely just make them enjoy the hobby less until they eventually peel off elsewhere, leading to the same ultimate outcome.

5 Likes

Omggg, please, be my friend, I love your points so much I’m gonna cry

So, basically, to break it down, I’ll say that many (not all, but many) people do this:

1. See Blood elves as either cute and pretty models in the “ugly Horde” or as disgusting mana-addicts/villains etc. With this attitude it is easy to play a pretty elf in the pretty faction (high elf in the Alliance) which is not bad. What is bad, however, is the total lack of the solid background and justification. If you are a rare race that barely survived and so on and so forth you gotta acknowledge this. These players don’t, because for them it’s just a pretty model with no attachments to it.

And 2) Like I said, it’s a sacred subject for the “lore masters”, who will defend it fiercely no matter what. They love this race to death and will deny any accusations made.

I just don’t like blatant hypocrisy. Last time I brought the High elves topic in another thread people tried to prove to me that you are perfectly fine with being a high elf because “you play what you want to play”. But at the same time the idea of playing a good, friendly, righteous undead or, god firbid, a former San’layn even with a detailed thoughtful biography and the repercussions that it might bring - red light. Tl;dr you can play what you like only if these people like this race/concept, too. Otherwise they scold you and team up to bring you down. And High elves are heavily protected here, for sone reason.

My advice is to ignore the forum guys and just vibe like you want in the game with like-minded people. Thank you for being here, Lazaares, you’ve made my day

11 Likes

Circus theme song

look inside

Entry of the Gladiators by Julius Fucik

he can’t keep doing this

6 Likes

You’re so cringe it’s unfathomable.

There is no such thing, you muppet.

9 Likes

alliance the pretty faction
https://fireanddwarves.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/vannila-dwarf.jpg?w=300&h=255

laddie