I'm concerned by the amount of High Elves

I’d rather hold hands with Distantpeak than debate San’layn again honestly.

10 Likes

Granted I’ve only been roleplaying a high elf for about a month or so but I do try to have my character interact with other high elves as often as possible (not void elves though, they stink) and this was never brought up even once. I would like to, though, since that would fuel a pretty interesting conversation.

So where are you getting this from because this just feels like you’re pulling things out of (I won’t say where) to augment your continued schizo posting where you fail to acknowledge anyone’s point.

so… bad and wrong takes on the lore?

2 Likes

So basically your usual RP-PvP campaign.

5 Likes

So does the issue basically boil down to:

A) There’s too many High Elf rpers.
B) Too many of them are bad players.
C) Defining what lore interpretation is right and what isn’t.

But isn’t it a thing that being a Blood elf is a cultural thing, not a racial one? So technically a blood elf can become a high elf, and vice versa.

1 Like

Kinda backing up my argument. One concept is fine because we like it, another one is prohibited because we don’t like it. One headcanon is ok, another one is a sin. Got ya

I always felt like people downplayed just how many High Elves went to Outland as well honestly, Turalyon is described as leaving Quel’Thalas at the head of an Elven Armada’s worth of just High Elves on land, nevermind the vessels and ships that sailed away as well. A lot of those are, probably, dead from all the things that want to kill you on Outland but yeah, an Armada could be anywhere from 15,000 all the way to the 500,000’s.

2 Likes

Nowadays blood and high elf is pretty much just a difference in history and political alignment, yes.

2 Likes

Imagine calling existence of a race with multiple settlements and an entire in-game faction a headcanon.
:clown_face:

5 Likes

Technically, yeah. Practically, I’m unsure how sensible it is to jump from one to the other, then back and so on. And I guess in this identification you also communicate something to the characters around you.

Eg. If you declare yourself a blood elf in Stormwind instead of a High Elf, people would rightly question or accost you because why ever would you identify as a former enemy of the Alliance when you are (presumably) with the Alliance.

Yeah to both.

1 Like

Alliance high elves arent a headcannon oh my god they’re literally a part of the military and citizenry have you played any of the past god knows how many years of quests or even just walked in Stormwind…?

14 Likes

If we judged the potential for roleplay of any in-universe race/class/demographic by the “quality” we perceive their community to have, half the server would be locked out of every possible character concept.

14 Likes

I mean, yeah, but at the same time you don’t need to acknowledge other people’s roleplay storylines if you don’t like how they’ve treated a zone in their roleplay.

Of course, it would be cooler if there were more roleplayers who shared the same view about the lore across the board, but you shouldn’t really take it upon yourself to entertain the idea that Lord Lightshield of Honorstand Actually Owns A Very Large Portion Of Alterac And Lordaeron And He’s Single-Handedly Solo’d The Scourge and The Horde For Decades And No, You Don’t Know Where His Cities And Towns Are, They Go To A Different School, just like you don’t have to acknowledge some randoms you’ve never roleplayed with’s campaigns.

Hell, if we all did that, Andorhal would look like Cadia IC with how it’s supposedly had about sixty-seven different battles over the significant landmarks of “random, functionless fountain” and “house without a roof number seventy-two”.

7 Likes

I thought his problem was that Helf RPers are toxic or did he changed the goalpost again?

2 Likes

I didn’t call High elves headcanon. I meant people’s stories for their characters in general. How one grows, joins existing or imaginary groups, studies and trades, travels and earns titles. Many people I meet in the game have fantastic stories that have never been portrayed in the game itself via quests or NPCs, but are still perfectly reasonable and well-thought. And you are still trying to prove to me that there’s no way the Horde/the Forsaken/Cult of Forgotten Shadows etc. wouldn’t accept an undead character, because it’s “too sus and hard to imagine”

6 Likes

Agreed.

Despite the Keti caravan and other incidents, I have enjoyed rp with many good Vulpera Rpers, such as guilds like Dustpaw Caravan and Ardent Pursuit.

Having seen stormwind RP myself, I don’t necessarily disagree with Lazaares and Dekarn that the community portrayal can demoralize your view toward x race… But then you either try and be the change you want to see, or find good ones.

1 Like

The Vulperan race is a disease.

2 Likes

Are you vagueposting at us still or is that someone else you have in mind?

1 Like

San’layn 2: Electric Boogaloo! Lets goooo

3 Likes

ITT

1 Like