I'm concerned by the amount of High Elves

Yeah, it’s largely why I shy away from high elves, as explained above. I don’t quite know how to deal with them, or what level of headcanon to take into account when involving them in an event.

The real slippery slope here is a community developing headcanon to the point it invokes the above issue in most interactions. Re. when you interact with a demon hunter, you won’t ever know outright if they follow canon lore, or ascribe to the “demon within” headcanon. Whether that headcanon is good or bad is not much the question as it is to have a different “base canon” to go off from.

The two blatant examples where this is a glaring issue is void elves and Calia Menethil. The latter hated OOC to the point that most characters - regardless of even knowledge about her or Forsaken politics - will have a surprisingly strong and formulated opinion on her that they’ll openly communicate.

It’s against forum rules to point fingers and I want to hold myself to it, but considering you were a host there I am pretty sure you’re familiar with that and other discussions / storylines I mentioned.

Leave San’layn alone.

Was I correct in my assessment of the example being just the good ol’, traditional, run of the mill, dime a dozen RP-PvP campaign?

You can’t convince me this realm isn’t a collective hellish fever dream of Humanity.

Yes, heavily exaggerated at that.
T. Was literally there.

9 Likes

Well, bah humbug mr scrooge, but we werent the ones blowing up sanctums

nor was i a host lol

I guess, but once again we were on a such minor capacity that we even left earlier, before it ended, so point is - again - non-existent as per usual

2 Likes

these forums have shown me the live example of why writers in the XVIIIth-XIXth century would just fight each other to the death over minor disagreements about russian literature

4 Likes

One concept is fine because it fits the lore.
The other is a sin because it doesn’t. At all.

I know you could understand and probably do, but your willful choice to ignore things is tiring.
Good bye.

1 Like

Sometimes my ability to remember random stuff really helps, since I instantly recognized what they were talking about.

3 Likes

When Thunderbraid blew up the Thandol Span bridge for the 30th time: I sleep.

When the Sunspear blow up (allegedly) 1 sanctum: :rage:

5 Likes

I, too, like to go against the regime

1 Like

Why is an overwhelming unrealistic amount of merry and happy High elves true to the lore, and a Darkfallen in its official canon society is not?

Valteryl hanging off of the Windrunner Spire with a manabomb detonator in his hand (colorized, 2023):

1 Like

I’ll be fair here, there’s a lot of concepts you can shoehorn into the game with 1x argument, and destroy with another argument, both based on canon lore.

One example is whether the Horde fields dark magic users in battle nowadays. An argument can be made for the Mag’har darkcasters around Orgrimmar and the Horde lineaup in Ashran/Pandaria, another can be made based on past quests, the concept behind the Cleft of Shadows and the Horde’s general philosophy.

That’s just how things are. COUGH COUGH Kaldorei darkfallen COUGH COUGH

1 Like

Because the term ‘officially canon’ is doing so much bench pressing sigma chuds on youtube shorts are using it as the backdrop to some random Peaky Blinders clip audio with ‘Drive Forever’ playing in the background, and a fraction of 10-25% of an entire kingdom being portrayed with about 30 characters at their main exodus city on a good day isn’t disproportionate.

1 Like

They are looked down upon in city and social life and fielded happily in military life, Thrall and Garrosh and Vol’Jin and Sylvanas all had this outlook. It really isn’t that hard to understand.

Ok what’s the source on this…

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cleft_of_Shadow
hope it helps!

5 Likes

i wish you left them and other bad concepts alone tbqh

do you think “problematic headcanon that I don’t know how to deal with” is an issue that only pops up in regards to high elf roleplayers? if you genuinely believe that then damn, don’t interact with other races because you’ll be very disappointed

in other words, there are ways of dealing with someone’s headcanon, at worst you can just disregard it and take it as a bad joke in character. unfortunately here your take on what is “headcanon” is quite false so really you’re just a really weird roleplayer

oh yes, 30+, what a big number, scary

1 Like

I enjoy Light, goblin tech, mana crystals. And y’know the thing that they have in common? They’re cheap.

1 Like

Even if we made a wild guess and said that the headcanon HE population (the RP characters) amounted to say, 200 elves, to be incredibly generous, and added that to the canon census, it would still be under threat of extinction. They really aren’t many and lore canon would not be affected by these numbers even if we tried.

1 Like