I'm concerned by the amount of High Elves

ask him in character

1 Like

Makes argument online

Doesn’t back it up with anything but anecdotical claims and a find out IC

Right, next one.

inserts clown emoji

Why do you think you can just demand a characters backstory? Some people just prefer to let people find out icly
It’s also just a sensitive topic (icly) for many, why would they bring up their trauma to random citizen #32542534
Build a friendship, find out ic, it’s much more rewarding.

1 Like

If you make the argument “X can exist because there are potential backstories” I would expect at least an example.

Or I guess people know bloody well there is no example because the high elf lore never actually addressed the topic due to how few they are (except for 1x lodge where they meditated and dabbed, and 1x where the dabbing backfired and I guess some Kirin Tor mooks who are still addicted).

We aren’t in a character therapy session here, we are discussing a non-playable race portrayed using void elves in RP.

1 Like

That’d require digging through 99 pointy eared humans to find just one who actually wrote a high elf character you can’t ask this sort of cruel and unusual torment of anyone

3 Likes

Except - once again - their numbers exceed the entire realm population, thus making it a fully acceptable race to roleplay, along with all the other “few” or “rare” races.

2 Likes

To be honest. Who cares?
Edit to elaborate; Seriously this is such a dead topic are we really going to do the “but high elves good/bad just be a blood elf” topic for the 6000000000th time at this point?

10 Likes

It’s apparently still a thorn in the side to some people in this thread.

1 Like

That only makes them less immersive to interact with and something I might prefer to avoid.

The whole draw of Auchenai RP is being a fragment of a once grand organisation struggling with whatever happened and realising we’re a dozen and nothing more.

Currently there’s 3 active Auchenai I know of and 2 NPCs in-game with a 3rd book one missing. It would kill the Auchenai as a concept to have 160 of them fumble around Stormwind pretending they’re an existing order fine and dandy and I would 100% accept people avoiding RP with them if the average experience was a character that was Draenei (but shadow magic) with zero regard for events or lore.

1 Like

I’m not even sure where to begin to pick apart this post lol.

1 Like

This was enough.
People will RP what they like.

How is that comparable to the high elven lodges/stronghold and various populations scattered around Azeroth/Outland?

7 Likes

“this concept is really good because it’s very rare and there’s 3 people doing this, however this concept is bad because there’s more people doing it and i dont like that it’s not so rare”

what a take

16 Likes

You do realise that twitter-opinion perfectly supports roleplaying offensive, discriminative concepts, characters incompatible with lore and meme characters that ruin immersion?

Le epic RP nihilism of do what you want because what’s wrong with roleplaying a Twi’lek bounty hunter working for house Lannister wielding twin blades of Azznioth employed as a bartender?

1 Like

I see your true colours shining through~

3 Likes

How fortunate then that high elves aren’t an almost extinct order but a race with amount of survivors higher than the RP population of this server.

7 Likes

“Twitter opinion” or just an opinion.
Writing a large number of words doesn’t give your opinion more meaning, I could find your kind of arguments on Twitter too… Does that mean it is also a Twitter opinion?

You don’t like High Elves, don’t RP with the people that play them then. The mental hoops you’re launching through are absolutely asinine.

10 Likes

But High Elves are lore established and not some wacky crazy headcannon that requires hurdles to justify RPing.

Obviously characters that aren’t justified in RP is a completely different argument.

By your logic you shouldn’t be RPing an Auchenai either. But we both do because it is just fine to play one. Even if there was a whole guild of them (like yours?) it still wouldn’t make them any more common as 20 people at best hardly revives the order.

17 Likes

Okay, so how does the opinion “People should RP whatever they like” not imply you are fine with people roleplaying offensive stereotypes or even non-warcraft canon?