Im gonna be honest and tell you

Yeah Ternazia

Alltho its more fun experiencing and playing it on my Amiga500 than om random bgs :wink:

Xmas lemmings best tho :joy:

1 Like

this why i do rated bg u more control on group also u know 100 procent players are not bots

Welp that tactic is trash since you can’t see anything from GM neither back to BS in a matter of seconds so no wonder why ppl don’t listen and/or you lose :blush:

You get LM with 12 people so you can back to BS and farm if you can to pressure the opposite team and mess up with the ress timers and you leave GM to the losers that will just be seen backing to BS/ST so they can be crushed accordingly :blush:

So idk maybe get a grip stop thinking you’re worth more than the ppl you play with and adapt to your group instead of focusing on what they do/don’t and waste time chatting so you can win more often :joy::joy:

1 Like

I am the same now. I can’t force myself to care anymore. It’s gotten so bad it’s too much frustration to keep trying and keep losing, so I just go passive until one BG finally shows potential of win. I know it’s bad and it’s part of the problem but I don’t have it in me to keep trying. I join a BG, fire up Netflix and just passively wait for a win. If it happens, great, if not, no skin off my nose. And btw, I wrote this while afk in another AV that I was sucked in half way through a guaranteed loss. Go Alliance!

1 Like

And here i sit with favorable win ratio for alliance. Ofcourse I only do them for the daily AP bonus, but I still win more of them then I lose. I happend to be alliance aswell, which seem a bit off If my experience are the complete opposite. I just try my hardest and it usually pays off.

The major issues I have with alliance as a faction are people who give up. As fast as one person start to slack off because we “failed” once It always gets harder. Try spur people into friendly competition, when everything looks the darkest remain positive and try to win.

Playing a BG especially as alliance are to try keeping morale high aswell as communicating. If the creator of this post used to be one of those people and have now given up It’s a great loss.

I bat for both sides (keep it clean now…) and from my own personal experience I haven’t really seen much of a difference between them. Some days I can queue as alliance and win 4 or 5 games back to back. Others… I sit frustrated wondering if I’d be better taking the long queue.

We probably see many of the same people over the course of a day/evening if you’re doing a lot of BGs. If you happen to be grouped with people who are undergeared or disinterested chances are you’re going to be grouped with them again unless it’s a peak night or weekend morning. Now I will always try to do my best; call out incs, offer suggestions at start, drop some grub at the beginning and generally play to the best of my ability and adapt to events in the game, and I think all of us who do would rather be grouped with like-minded folk. Alas, ranBgs attract such a wide spectrum of folk, many of whom are literally just looking for a few 360 blues to get them into raids. They don’t want to think too hard when things turn sour.

It is frustrating when you get that kind of group though, for certain. You just have to stick yer chin up, do your best and know that eventually you’ll get enjoyable games, win or lose.

Oh, and sometimes it’s less about your team and more about the other team. Had an IoC game earlier where, surprisingly, most folk went docks. “Yas” I thought, “we’re quids in!” Good-looking defense too, people staying close to the glaives ready to defend them.

First glaive driver sits in cannon-fire at the top of the hill. 100%-0%. The other two just sat there when flying DH monkeys, straight out of the Wizard of Oz, came out of the sky stunning everyone and laserbeaming everything. They didn’t move an inch. Just sat there…soaking up the damage. Hats off to the monkeys- they did a stellar job dealing with our glaives every time they rolled up despite us having the numbers and will.

Some of these BGs require more than just a knowledge of your class; they require common sense and map knowledge. Now I know my HL might be low (and I’m sure I’m not the only exception here as I’ve been playing on and off since beta with near 200hks to my belt but not much since the HL system came out) but glancing over the average HL of a lot of people in BGs - they can’t have that much experience.

My experience today:
Twin peaks: 3 hordies are running towards our team, 8 people from my team just RUN away from them. I think you can guess how this bg ended.

Temple of Kotmogu: Have 2 mages and 2 shamans in our team, I wrote before the game even starts “Don’t forget to press heroism/time warp”, of course they don’t do that, whole team is avoiding mid like plague. Guess how this bg ended.

Battle for Gilneas: Warrior goes to defend LH, rest of the team (including me-a healer) goes for WW. In the middle of WW fight I see warrior getting attacked at LH by mage and a rogue, and since we’re doing okish at WW, I go to help him. We kill them at LH and I come back to WW (fight was still in progress). Warrior from LH then proceedes to come to WW leaving LH undefended. They cap LH for free and hold it for the rest of the game.

These are just basic examples of how clueless Alliance is, and I understand why people are leaving games or just give up.

You’re lucky if you get matched with people who know what they’re doing and are vocal in bgs ( calling incs is especially hard for some people).

Thats in no way exclusive to allys. It is pandemic.
People cba if its not a steamroll, they in for a real shocker IRL once they reach responsabilities age

shocker indeed

You are a toxic player that hopefully gets kicked and flamed frequently from groups.

1 Like

The only difference between horde and alliance are the russians. It feels like i win most vs the others but lose the majority vs russians (in random BGs).

Non russians play random BGs to gear up, while russians do random BGs for fun after they geared up. This is why non russians give up aswell. Once things go downhill they just want to lose fast and get in to another game. So they semi afk or stop trying.

As a result the other players get frustrated. Random BGs become unfun for anyone who just plays for fun.

The just for cap / just for gear ppl are destroying this game pretty much. And Blizzard devs are to blame.

How am i toxic?

I really dont expect you to see and understand the big picture here, mainly because i suspect you for being one of those guys “getting in a bg to get high numbers” and not doing objectives at all.

While generally it’s true, yesterday I had an exeption. Was playing on 118 lvl Horde alt vs russians. The queues are very fast so I happily did 5-6 bgs to lvl up with bgs. Those russians…were totally stomped to the ground by us. Now I give it to that we were Horde (and Horde is the stronger pvp faction atm) and we were equal as gear. It comes again that you’re right here. Russians feel confident because first they prepare for bg by gearing up to their max abilities, prepare talents, pots, etc. And after that they go. But on low lvl they play to lvl up just like us, so it suddenly came that tactically, and in terms of zeal and confidence we beat them totally.

good luck on gearing up on BG :rofl:

Yeah so instead of getting ST, GM and BS… we should go to LM were we get nuked 90% of the time eh?

I dont know what your experience is from AB… bu that tactic have been working alot of times. More than getting nuked at LM and its score is 2-3

idk like 70% wins on like 1000 arathi :joy:

if you get nuked at LM that means you’ll get wiped on every team fight so you’re very likely to lose since you won’t hold any base anyway

you get ST, LM and BS, don’t know what’s hard to go full LM to wipe it off then split to BS to wipe the group off

it’s like going to GM … except it takes 45 secs to go from GM to BS/ST without being able to directly see what’s incoming while it takes 20 secs to go from LM to BS/ST and being able to see what’s going on

1 Like

Facepalmirl is right - if you’re losing LM it’s because you didn’t invest enough people in it or because the other team is stronger. It’s a much greater base than GM.

GM is the redheaded stepchild of AB and there’s a reason for that.

Have to agree LM is preferable to GM.

However if its alliance pug you can guarentee that 2 will still be in the gy at start,
probably 4 or 5 will head gm.

LM is also good if you have a voice there who can see and report movements, then you get a stealther taking advantage, and still a long way to get help. apart ftom ST i always prefer 2 def on either lm or gm . Alliance doesnt like deffing.

Lm does give the best advantage of reporting best time to take bs if enemy held.

Hold BS and there are always opportunities to get that third base, which is now my prefered option at the start, if group arnt fighting on roads and know how to peel.

Good coms and should be able to def bases from there.

I actually lold here. Just last night I remarked to the wife how hilarious it is than in IoC, whenever we’ve decided we’re going mid, half the raid is still sitting in the middle of the court as opposed to pressed against the gate ready to ride.