Im happy that we have retail

Another cons of classic:

• Endgame isnt really better than retail
  • No future if it comes to expansions beside copy &paste
3 Likes

Well I can’t say you are wrong sadly.

I partially agree with leveling in Retail. Why partially? Because what you say is true BEFORE current expansion zones at lvl 110 (previous expansion cap). And it is the same every expansion.

Once you get to current zones it is a blast especially if you do that first time. Every zone has its own storyline and as you progress through quests you change location around you whether it is recruiting new faction to horde (or alliance), unlocking new flymasters or scenarios of retaking points of interest across the location. This is simply awesome.

So yes, 1-109 is basically demoversion. Once you get in current expansion it starts to be awesome.

Im not, vanila endgame is stale af. Doesnt mean that retail is much better (bfa), but still it offer at least much more additional content and harder instances.

2 Likes

Yea true but it all comes down to personal preference you can enjoy both like me without attacking one version over the other.

3 Likes

Yeah, and just like you, many people think like this “I do what I want only”.

And so the whole General forums section is filled with poorly written whiny posts that have nothing new to talk about.

I don’t care in the slightest you play retail or classic. And seeing the replies here, neither does anyone else.

1 Like

I am not saying in anyways, classic is bad it has good things also, and yes nethergarde is a good server, I am there my self, but some servers are not where I tied also, and as you say , there is good thigns in classic specialy proffesions, and leveling is ok, not perfect but ok, and yes more intresting than retail no question about it.

1 Like

Not everyone was going to like Classic, you tried, you saw, you left :wink:

Both games will be perfectly fine.

6 Likes

Yes I play both and loving it so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

I feel like we should group up in classic to do some grinding could be fun thou :yum:.

Right. Im not atacking any version, just pointing straight facts. Always said that both versions have pros and cons :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheking OP thread list and coments

• i love BFA and happy
  • i hate BFA
  • classic will be better
  • i love classic
  • classic sux i love bfa

And thats why folks we cant have nice things in this game .

1 Like

Games change but the players are the same. The difference is different games mean different things give you advantages.

In Classic being very friendly and social is hugely advantageous because it means you will have an easier time finding groups. This gives people incentive to actively seek other people and treat them in a certain way so that they can become buddies.

However the lovely people you meet in Classic may not even bother to say “hello” in LFD in Retail because the need to be polite or friendly is greatly diminished when you have software to make groups for you. They may even be mean to you in Retail because their friendly attitude in Classic is nothing but a mask.

Players often adapt their attitudes to the game they’re playing because in different games different attitudes are more advantageous than others.

But when you play with someone enough the truth always comes out. You always do eventually find out who is really nice and who is pretending to, no matter what game you play.

TLDR: the friendly people you meet in Classic may be the same people as the silent or rude players you meet in LFD Retail, because in LFD being very nice doesn’t grant any significant advantage.

1 Like

A man once said - “You think you do, but you don’t.”

There will be plenty more of these once people hit 60 and see for themselves how crappy the game was compared to the modern version :smile:

On one hand - you’re absolutely right.

On the other - DUH?

I mean, it’s easy to see how the rabid die-hard classic fans go as far as directly insulting anyone who would disagree with their opinion on how amazing classic is - in short, be complete dicks - but then act like classic players are the nicest people on Earth.

2 Likes

It might seem obvious but it’s not.

When it’s advantageous to be very polite, which results in most people acting this way, it gives the illusion that the people who play that game are better than those who play another game where politeness doesn’t equate to any gain.

While it is an illusion that the people who play Classic are much nicer than those who play Retail, what isn’t an illusion is the atmosphere. People being polite, even if they’re doing it only because they have to, create a more relaxing atmosphere than those who create awkward silences or are mean.

People often mistake an atmosphere born of necessity as proof of better people. That being said a friendly atmosphere has a higher chance of breeding a nice player than an unfriendly one.

For sure .
The thing is for me personal and i said it . I dont like to continue with retail from the point i left it ( farm naz and mech).
So since i like wow i resubed and play classic . Once this wears off and retail will still be crap i will unsub .

The next expansion has to be good ( me to think is good ) to buy it

I’d rather take my time leveling to 60, where the leveling speed is decided by my choices of where to level and how to do it and I’m basically engaged every step of the way because I planned every step of my way, then rush through it in retail where for 119 levels I’m just following an arrow and genociding mobs in bulk where-ever that arrow points me

As someone who plays both retail and classic, retail can’t hold a candle to leveling and after experiencing classic leveling and before that even more recently a zanda druid, you should just be allowed to create 120 chars on retail, there is absolutely no reason for the first 119 levels at this point in retail to exist outside of fishing for paid character boost

What retail does do better then Classic imho is;

• questing beyond level cap, there’s a good amount of story content that’s still available after max level
  • baseline difficulty of dungeon bosses/raids

I tried really hard to think of a third thing, but I can’t and above two points are for me enough to keep playing retail on the side as well.

I hope that in retail they make the outdoor world a bit more dangerous so you can’t just genocide everything everywhere everytime regardless of your skill or gear because anything in the open world in retail I don’t like doing anymore now that I played classic a bit and would rather avoid it

If they don’t that’s fine too, but atleast keep dungeons/raids engaging (and maybe remove m+ timer or make it optional so people can go for longer runs on higher difficulties) so I can keep playing the way I do now, which is also pretty fulfilling for me

You make it sound like everyone on Classic is nonstop talking acting like best friendsies, but in reality, you get the usual convo like
Guy 1: LF1M
Guy 2: hi pls inv
Guy 2: hi
Rest of the party: hi
do the dungeon or quest or whatever
Party: ty for run bye

This is what a usual pug keystone or mythic expedition run is like too.

You only get the actual dicks in the automated content, but then you have only yourself to blame if that is your end-game. Truth is, random heroics and heroic expeditions are totally obsolete and not worth doing.

Another thing I’d say play into the “everyone is nicer on classic” is that everyone started with clean slate and most of the players are yet to hit the max level.

And last but not least - people being all euphoric about the whole thing, overlooking many flaws, often those they complained about when it comes to modern WoW.
Like the threads where they would moan about grind and that they need to talk to people when joining an M+ run and finish with “ef this game, c u in classic” - how ironic is that

1 Like

I’m not sure how given I made no such claim. I only said that being friendly and polite is advantageous. Being friendly or polite does not equate to acting like everyone around you is a potential best friend.

Unless you happen to think basic politeness such as greeting and thanking people or abstaining from saying something unnecessarily mean is the same as wanting to become a person’s best friend.

But people act like that on live too, that’s my point.

What live has what classic doesn’t is the automated grouping, which is where the :poop:ty players come into play. But like I said, you can totally skip that.