I'm taking my leaf

I’ll make it short and quick as possible.

As one of the more regular users here I was involved in a controversial situation which resulted in my ban from the Fortune Favored discord channel. Given that wow is a community-based game and I actually enjoyed that message board-ankle of it very much, I’ll retire from my involving with the forums in general (and to make it more blunt: all forums, not only the “General Discussion”) because I personally feel that after getting so many people to know it makes absolutely no sense to continue posting here while being locked out from the more accessible discord channel which was a great platform to get in touch with people personally. One surely can do without it but this is how I feel about it. That’s why I’m going back to be just a casual player who “doesn’t know about forums” and retire from here.

I’ll take the leap here by saying that I have been accused by stalking people which are, frankly, accusations but I did check upon forum users from time to time. Given how some of you enjoy posting on alts here (and please, don’t deny it) with all the trolling involved, it’s a very own culture with its own ups and downs. Things got blurry with no actual proof and refuted claims but the care taker’s decision is to be accepted.

But I digress. I’m certainly guilty to some degree, make no mistake, but given how close-knitted the regulars have become over the past months and yesterday’s situation escalated, it definitely is a lost cause to continue posting here for my own personal enjoyment. Like I said, I surely deserve the rejection to some degree (although I disagree with certain things which have been occurred and the lack of transparency) therefore I accept the judgement. And no, I’ll not separate between the forums and the discord channel because both are somewhat essential for the more serious involvement with the game, especially when the inGame community-feature of Blizzard failed and everyone and their family has their own wow channel these days on discord. This isn’t a “payback” or something involving the Fortune Favored caretakers, this is unfortunately a side-effect for posting here for years and getting people to know. And I’ll not make a difference between them and the forums which work in tandem nowadays. I would also say you’re missing out on the forum engagement if you’re not on the discord channel although it’s an unofficial “add-on” to the forums.

Given how things went down with everyone involved, I still wish to say my good byes. I’m sure some will be relieved to see me gone, as there are people who enjoyed reading my postings. There will be no “follow-ups”, no “comebacks” or whatever you want to call it. This topic may blow up or not - in the end, it will be my final posting here and you’ll accept it. I went through the decision for the past half hour and if I maybe overreact to it because such topics always ends in dramatic fashion - but pragmatically speaking it makes no sense to post on the forums anymore given my investment in getting to know some people which is why this is the best option you can take by removing yourself from the forum community-aspect of the game. This is the best solution because I’m not an alt-poster. Playing, yes, writing here? Not so much.

Leafkettle

16 Likes

what kind of leaf is it?

10 Likes

I am sorry to see one of the regulars leaving GD, always a sad moment :cry:
I have no idea what the background story is, other than what you said, so I cannot say anything to that, but I will say that you will be missed. I’ll wave at you in the game if I ever see you there :blush:

5 Likes

Even though we didn’t agree on helf matters, I’ll miss your thorough posting on matters such as alliance retention, narrative and whatnot (my recent forray on such was on Kenzhao as Pax avatar hasn’t been available for some while)

Generally more of a level head than not from what I’ve seen, and I think we all fall foul of our own standards sometimes (I’ve had spats with regulars in the past) but using it to reflect rather than flail is sensible.

Take care and maybe bump into you on AD as I don’t use discords myself either. Good adventuring!

2 Likes

I don’t know what you did in that discord ,but here where i am from we have saying : who admit ,its half forgiven :stuck_out_tongue:

And you admitted that you made mistake ,so no need to leave imo.

6 Likes

This kind.

4 Likes

See you in a couple months :wink:

3 Likes

I think it’s a bit of knee jerk reaction to leave the forums but it’s your choice. You can always change your mind and come back, people do it all the time.

There are many communities available in game and on various discords, you could find a home in another.

I wish you the best of luck in your WoW adventures and the forums will always be open to all (with a sub) :four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

make like a tree and bark

2 Likes

I think a significant majority of forum users do this, I know I have in the past looked up a poster.

Why not? There has been a disagreement, you each have said your piece, why can’t that be the end of it for both? There really is nothing to stop you continuing to post if you wish to :slight_smile:

I am not an alt poster either, but if someone disagrees with me or we have a heated discussion, it doesn’t mean I will stop posting nor does it mean the other party will stop posting (whether on an alt or not).

We have a saying in the UK ‘don’t cut your nose off to spite your face’ it’s an odd saying but apt, if you enjoy the forums then continue to do so, leaving the forums you are only hurting yourself as you are removing a part of the game you enjoy.

Whatever you finally decide to do, good luck and take care of yourself.

8 Likes

You’re being a good sport about this Leaf, but will still like to see you on the forums :3

8 Likes

Does this mean you now want to be known a ‘Kettle’ ?

7 Likes

No and NO!

DONT GO!

PLEASE… :sob:

3 Likes

That didn’t quite hit the mark…

8 Likes

Yeah, I feel the same way bro. Might leave the forums as well. Take care and I hope we’ll meet in the game someday.

3 Likes

Quitting only makes them get even a stronger grip. This is what they want.

1 Like

You guys need to get a grip, seriously you are acting as if there is some sort of mafia controlled forum here, there isn’t. I am not part of the FF discord and I post as I please, if I was part of the FF discord guess what, I would still post as I please. Nobody is trying to get you to join some sort of cult, you have a choice to join a community, it is one of many communities that are on offer to players. You can also choose not to join any community but whatever you choose, you can still post, as long as you have a current sub :wink:

26 Likes

Bleh. My only experience with Fortune Favored has been negative.

I volunteered twice to basically carry a normal mode as mythic geared tank and DPS, just because hey - I liked posting here and might be fun to play the game with some of them.

In both cases it got cancelled and I wasn’t directly notified because the sign-up process was convoluted and I’d misunderstood it.

Anyway, if I were to leave because someone called me an a-hole, I’d have been gone 258 times by this point. This forum can be fairly toxic, and Fortunate Favored aren’t really helping even if they want to.

Anyway, sad to see you go. Honestly, I think you were one of the more level-headed and kind people here. Sucks, I thought you were great. If it’s reciprocal and you see this you may choose to add me as friends in-game - if not well that’s fair enough. :slight_smile: Happy travels!

1 Like

The harrassemnt and treaths of the other day shows the opposite, but I will avoid all contact with them here.
I will use other tools like YouTube to prove it.

Wow just wow just blame everyone in FF and i expected you to be better than that i am hurt .

2 Likes