Implement a dislike button on the forums

I want…no I NEED this button

lol, come on…

1 Like

then why are you off topic? should I report you for derelaing?

1 Like

You’re not silenced at all. With the old forum, you’d be disliked by all of them, eventually leading to an automatic removal of your comment. Now you can reply, and everyone can read it. No censorship whatsoever, or do you want there to be censorship, depending on what you think is correct??
Post a comment, if people agree they will like it. If more people agree with someone else, they get more likes. It doesn’t say anything about you being wrong and them being right.
Just opinions from people on who is correct in their view.

4 Likes

That innocent view, you’re giving your contemporaries on here a bit too much credit.

It’s not that they like someone else’s post more, it’s that they dislike yours.

They dislike your post because they think you are wrong and or what you said was offensive to them.

I don’t think the dislike button is a good idea. It’s shorthand for people to simply press that instead of explaining why they disagree with an opinion.

4 Likes

True, people can dislike you because of whatever reason they have. I was more pointing towards people making statements without using proof or facts.
People can agree with it, but it doesn’t mean that the 20 people that agree with someone’s opinion are factually correct.

1 Like

Completely agree but here’s the problem…

If 20 people say they saw you robbing a bank and the person you were actually with across town the entire time the bank was getting robbed came to your defence…

Who is right, the friend you were actually with or the 20 people?

1 Like

If those 20 people have proof, then it’s the 20 people. Otherwise you don’t know who is right. You don’t have all the information, so you can’t really give any facts about it. Just that you heard rumours about something happening at the bank.
It’s not always about being right or wrong, sometimes you don’t know it.
I do understand what you are trying to say.

The proof is in the numbers, 20 to 1, that’s how “we all” think.

20 people say they saw you robbing a bank, it must be true.

Someone’s post got 20 likes, yours got 0, your opinion is wrong.

20 people say your character is name “Spinachman” and only one person says it’s Canabal, the 20 people must be right.

Absent of evidence the numbers becomes proof, 20 to 1.

Again, that’s how “we” think.

Actually it is pretty interesting phenomena (wisdom of the crowd) that also has quite a bit of research behind it. Basically what is it all about is that while invidual knowledge/guessing can go horrible wrong, when you take large group of people and you look at the average of all their answers, it gets closer to the real value than invidual inputs.

1 Like

This is exactly why naming and shaming isn’t permitted. Mob mentality is not a good thing.

Agreed.
The lack of a dislike button is fine.
If you disagree with a post and can’t formulate a decent reply then just move on.

2 Likes

Then say how you disagree with a post. It’s not hard.

1 Like

The answer is binary so that made absolutely no sense.

People abuse that system quite a lot. Anything that is against the general trend, gets bombarded with dislikes. It used to be the case in the forums. IT WASN’T a good thing.

2 Likes

Yes or No, like or dislike.

You can look into it to understand it better.

But for the original subject: no for dislike button, for the very reasons listed on this thread.