Implement a dislike button on the forums

I’m good, I don’t need to look into it, it didn’t make any sense.

You missed his point :smiley:

1 Like

This. People just pressed dislike and moved on. That’s not what the forums are for, that’s what polls do.

2 Likes

Which is another feature we don’t have on the forums :wink:

2 Likes

Look i understand you dont like me and tbh i dont really care go ahead and report me it does not bother me one bit you are derailing your own thread .
Having a dislike button is a cowards way out .

1 Like

If you do get interested:
Google: The Social Psychology of the Wisdom of Crowds first link

Interesting read on what Radium talked about.

We really need to remove likes too tbh. You can literally make a thread of a full BS and get a tons of likes by people supporting your views of the game, beliefs, fear. U’know because having a opinion to support is as bad as, you opposing opinion of someones else.

Like for real where does this even end?

Someone made an argument that people used dislike as a way to bombard with negativity/dislikes . Then cannot same be said with likes?

1 Like

Just off of the person’s explanation of it on here, it doesn’t apply because we’re talking about something that is binary.

The group answer and the individual in that group, his answer will always be the same as the group.

If his answer was different, he wouldn’t be in that particular group.

Yes Group, No Group

Like Group, Dislike Group

I agree remove the like button aswell .
If people dont like they should say why they dont like dont hide behind a button the forum is about debate and discusion .

Because one has a negative impact on forums and discussions and the other doesn’t have a negative impact.

I would rather see them restrict people to posting on one character. The fact that you can go on all your alts and like, report, or comment seems silly.

2 Likes

Somehow only WoW and (i think) Overwatches forums were rid of dislike button. Others are working just fine. Wonder why.

Both like/dislike buttons are core features of any reasonable BIG forums. No one has time to read through all the posts and conciously come to conclusion whether people in general support some thread (or post) or they do not. Everyone has their own oppinion but people generally browse forums to see other peoples oppinions, not half of it.

1 Like

All the forums that have been migrated to Discourse don’t have the option to dislike.

Wow had to remove theirs (before it moved to Discourse) because it’s meant to highlight posts to moderators. And people were using it to bury topics.

1 Like

Yeah, so basically WoW and OW forums like I said…

I’d probably be wearing a donkey mask if I believed all the stupid reasons and miscommunicated messages blizzard are putting out there. There’s literally NO reason against switching whatever highlight function they had based on “positive count” to "sum(positive, negative) count, or even post count, or to similar way reddit works, or to post count/h or literally any of the houndreds of ideas that would work perfectly fine.

Right now the like button is being used to bury topics but it’s going to take blizzard a while to realise this.

They’re probably thinking how, not knowing you don’t need the dislike button to bury a post.

Only in your world could a post be buried whilst being liked :confused: you want the dsilike button but at same time dissing the like button and saying how that can be abused but aslo wanting the dislike back .

Flagging posts is already a dislike and its already being abused by people spamming multi alts to report players .

I don’t think so but I will go and check.

Discourse or No Dislike

• World of Warcraft
  • Overwatch
  • StarCraft II

Old Forums with Dislike

• Hearthstone
  • Diablo III
  • Blizzard

Has no forum yet

• Warcraft III Reforged
  • Diablo Immortal
  • StarCraft Remastered

I presume that the dislike button hasn’t been abused on the forums that still have it.

Right, cause games with multimillion player bases differ so much, that their audiences preset completely different attitude towards hot topics, casual topis, hyde-park type topics, basically all topics.

Diablo players must’ve been the cutest little lambs loving each other on their games forums while evil world-of-warcrafters had been spilling venom for over a decade…please, you’re such a blizzard apologist.

You literally can not “abuse” a rating button on a simple forum - there are no consequences to that. If threads/posts were deleted due to downvotes - that’d be a consequence (it was not), if downvotes lead to bans/mutes - that’d be a consequence (it was not). There was no downside to having a dislike button on any level except for some people who post dumb stuff getting ostricised by the community - this is the reason they removed it. They didn’t want people to feel bad about being called on stupid stuff they posted.

You’re slow, I shouldn’t have to explain this.

What ever argument you dislike, just up vote the opposing argument, if enough of you do this you’re effectively burying the argument you dislike, make sense?

Did i insult you ? do you have to in every post try and be the Alpha and try and demean people ? and you wonder way you have a "so called mob after you "

1 Like

It’s not a rating system. It’s not reddit. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

1 Like