In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

Rip DBM rip bigwings Rip damage meter rip many WA’s rip so many addons people know litterlly nothing, and blizzard is clueless

3 Likes

10chars100

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be. Other players doing damage and threat may be over 50yards away from you, but the target they’re doing it to won’t be.

So unless combat logs suddenly stop registering what happens to your target, those shouldn’t be affected.

Oh finally. I hope crybabies wont open spy topics every hour :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seeing as the only thing they apparently did was reduce it’s range… I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

So what’s the effect of this change on WPvP?

It breaks the spy addon.

You do understand that raidparses are not the same as a damage meter tho, right?
You do understand that?

2 Likes

Honestly I’ll be impressed if people make a gigantic congaline to cover enough ground for spy to work as it has till now.

1 Like

About time

A compromise I guess.

Does this affect combatlogging in dungeons/raids, if so why?

Maybe not for the whole world, but it would probably be good enough for AB/AV.

What is it with people and not reading the post?

5 Likes

Parses are not the same as an active damage/threat meter during the fight.
Take your own advice and actually the post yourself? :thinking:

Yes, but not when you /combatlog for warcraft logs ect… so other addons get affected heavily too

Please explain what am I missing here, I though the wording means this does not affect raids and addons can pick up information from 50+ yards

The difference is that a damage/threat meter is not the same as the text file you export and upload to a place like warcraftlogs.
The first is likely affected by this change. The latter is not.
Do you get it yet?

no the wording just says the /combatlog is still the same, witch makes a combatlog.doc in your wow folder with the combatlog.

all ingame is max 50yards now, witch breaks so many addons.

2 Likes