INSANE BROKEN TRINKET - [Cyclotronic Blast]

The gyazo quite clearly shows that the chaos strikes aren’t most of your DPS on their own or even a large part of it. What I see there is lots of different damage sources adding up to the biiig damage DHs pull out.

I can link the others. I’m not doing anywhere near Chaos Bolt damage per gcd.

Does DH have very high sustained dmg? Sure does, it would be stupid if it didn’t. But burst? People need to learn what that word means.

Gear did matter in WoD? Oo Based on gear system it was also by far the best for PvP. For those who can’t remember how it was:

• Itemlevel outside of PvP was around the same ilvl as heroic raiding gear, inside of arena it got scaled up by 30 ilvl, so pvp gear was better than any pve gear. So in PvP gear you got “hulked” in pvp combats…
  • Trinket set bonus decreased the dmg by another 10%. So the trinkets weren’t only on a higher ilvl, you also took 11.11% more dmg if you dropped a pvp trinket. (Trinkets in PvE also weren’t that insane like today).
  • Vendors. The items you want in the order you want. Same gear for everyone, higher rating just helped you to equip faster.
  • Catchup cap. You could literally start playing a toon two weeks before season end and finished it with full gear on any rating.

So ya, you can say about WoD what you want, but only based on gear it was the best expansion for PvP so far.

And that’s a problem, lol.

In PvP its a problem if skill>gear>rng?

Ye dude, you dismissed yourself. You have proven that you are unworthy to write in this forum.

Legion was worst. Bfa close second.

Gear mattered in WoD, MoP, etc. Ypur primary items just happened to come from pvp- as they did, post vanilla (and even during it).

Yes you can say a meme argumebt that (insert a broken pve item and expansion)because they have always been a thing- However, BFA items are far more steamroll and far more common in the sense that you need to dedicate several parts of your item slots for pve items.

In WoD/MoP, you dedicated max 1 - and even that was a legendary everybody could get by grinding low tier content from get-go.

So no, your argument doesn’t work.

Gear has indeed always mattered. Problem is, pvp gear in the past used to matter more for pvp and less for pve and vice versa.

You sure told me, lvl 21 Orc Hunter.

This is fake news at its best, in TBC and WOTLK you wanted to PvE dip for trinkets, rings, offsets and maybe weapons.

It was an edge, but never necessary. Nowadays it is if you want to reach meaningful rating. Nothing you know of.

1 Like

Untrue. Pvp power and resilience both maxed and indeed were more popular with the playerbase- Because in resilience’s case, you got more defense, and in pvp power case, offense.

More importantly, even if what you say about rings was true, the power creep you gained for optimizing for those was so little vs the effort you put in to get them that most people didn’t even bother acquiring them.

In the case of trinkets, save for BC and WOTLK, there were only a couple of offenders such as deathbringers will, the same applies. Majority of the playerbase didn’t bother to farm them because even though it optimized you, the benefits weren’t so big you felt forced to farm them.

Your attempt to claim that “its always been like this” is a false equilevance. Never in the history of WoW have pvp players been forced to do as much pve as they are now, to be optimized. Worse, the power creep you gain from getting the discussed pve items is so great that you can’t just decide not to get them. If you don’t, you won’t be competitive. Simple as that.

It always comes down to the same point: What benefit is there for Blizzard to force its players to do content they loathe? What purpose does it serve?

Yea good luck playing a DPS in PvP with Battlemaster trinkets ay lmao.

You mean like several pvp players did? Fatcow, Drakedog, swifty and other pvp players of their time did?

Ps. I am aware they also used pve trinkets but to say that the pvp trinkets were bad is just dishonest.

Your feelings about WoD isn’t an valid argument.
Also dismissing an entire expansion isn’t really wise, even the worst expansion can have something good about them. Like Legion, trash expansion, but mage towers were fun. And well, disc was playable so that’s also a good thing. See?

And as said, gear did matter. It was just that the source for the best pvp gear was from pvp.
This was also an development we had seen for some years by then, that pvp gear was best for PvP and so forth.

It really is a non-argument at this point because both rated and unranked pvp participation has plummeted to the ground with Legion and BFA.

Do you think, Kelduril, that people just randomly either quit playing in droves or magically started liking pve content?

It is abundantly clear that the players preferred the gearing systems pre-legion to those of todays.

Do you have any proof of that? With the removal of Arena Teams, if anything, PvP should be more accessible.

If you mean that overall fewer people PvP then yea, duh, they lost a large amount of players.

You mean other than blizzard guys conceding it during an interview as well as arena statistics websites that show we were at an all time low in terms of number of active pvp players / number of subs ?

Source? And active pvp players =/= arena players.

For all I know they count random bgs and world pvp, which are not relevant to arena numbers.

What do we do if you can’t read ?

they fixed this for you by adding broken PvE items that are not trinkets…

And again I ask for a source.

Hmm, please explain. What broken PvE item are you talking about? All the other stuff that aren’t trinkets were nerfed - I think the 2h weapon is now down to 20% in pvp or something?

The only remaining broken (PvE exclusive) stuff are trinkets.