Is Gogogo culture truly Blizzard´s fault?

I think there’s a miss understanding or I didn’t make my point clear; by spending too much time, lack or over sleeping and dull day I meant people that even if they take 30 minutes in a key instead of 40, they will have an unhealthy long game session.
Due to this long game session they can, though is not certain, develop some questionable habits like those I listed on my post and you quoted.

Well of course if you could finish content in less hours is less play, that’s obvious.

Though I open a parenthesis, you think WoW works that way in all fronts? I’d say is not unequivocally true. Some things in game take a X amount of hours in order to be completed.
For example: if leveling takes, let’s say, seven hours on average you can choose to spend seven hours straight on your chair or you can divide it into two hours per day.
You will always have to spend X amount of hours to do something if it’s planned to work that way; you might think you take less but you actually don’t.

If we return to our OP, in his case trying different strategies with a random group took them more time than should have take therefore it was not efficient but rather a waste of time.

The thing is when comes to dungeons at the start of an expansion in my opinion is that more often than not, trying to go with “the most efficient route” doesn’t work because route’s knowledge is not widespread as it is mid expansion/patch.

Here I return to what I wrote initially in this post, depends.

It is a mixed bag.

1. Overuse of drinks with caffeine content.
  2. Influence by Twitch streamers who make this erratic behaviour like a new norm.
  3. Esports influence. Players are trying to imitate the experienced groups without realising that these groups are actually organised.
  4. Players are influenced by arena type behaviour and automatically transfer it to dungeons.
  5. General disregard of other people around them due to poor social skills or other reasons.

Then you’re quite lucky. In my opinion it is M+ pugs. And the fact that it offers equal gear level as mythic raids attracts even more jerks. Before M+, raids were the only option to get the best gear in game. And being or better said staying in a capable raid required manners. You don’t need manners in M+. No one will hold you accountable if you act like a retard. And that’s quite a bad signal.

I’m not the one you need to tell this. However the community is full of people having said approach and if it’s not going fast enough for their liking, they either show an uggly attitude or leave the group. And this comparably more often than in NHC or HC. At least, that was my experience over several expansions.

In M+ you need to coordinate. In leveling dungeons it does not matter how you behave.

Mythic dungeons present another threat to more “casual” players this time I think. I have done a lot of normal runs for dungeons where mobs and bosses are obliterated by some classes. When I got to mythic the bosses showed mechanic I wasnt prepared to deal with due not seeing them on heroic or normal. They would just die too fast. So something changed this time.

well yes, early expansions are sticky because everyones in the exact same level of play. which muddles things up a fair whack.

however, theres only one way for people to learn, if no one uses the most effective routes because people dont know them, no one will get the knowledge, so its important it happens really to teach.

the guy was hostile, yes and thats when a line was crossed realistically, but strats must be used, for them to become wide spread. sadly though this is a issue of the RDF System

RDF, remove the control of the group from the player into a automated system. so people get mixed up all over the shop and generally causes both sides to be unhappy.

in premade fashio (mythic and above) u as a player can State “No speed run”. and advocate for only players who Dont do speedrunning to join, thus communicating to what ur looking for. this helps massively realistically.

There’s place and time to try efficient routes.

Nevertheless, if we focus on making an efficient route, I agree. In order to create a route someone has to take the challenge and dare to fail to get results.

That means everyone has to dare? In my experience and opinion I’d say no; some players are better at making routes than others.
I have been suggested and I have tried a whole lot of routes in my M+ adventures and some are marvelous and others terrible.

I think it’s mostly a symptom of modern life in general. Everyone is always rushing to finish the current task so they can start the next - even when the current task is theoretically “having fun” with something.

That and modern WoW and media in general encourages “more is better” thinking. More gear, more alts, more rep, we should be gaining things as quickly as possible! And often the ability to live in the moment gets buried under the urge to move on so we can acquire something instead. It’s a bit sad, and I don’t know how to break people out of it with game design, other than by committing to an entire expansion with no ilvl increases.

Which sounds mad, but yes. 10.1 would come along with a new raid; new bosses, new environments, new mogs. But last raid’s mythic gear is good enough to jump into mythic. Madness? Or encouraging people to do the raid for the experience, rather than because it has “upgrades”?

You have my seal of approval

Yes.

That was easy. Next!

Oh, you want more?

Imagine there were no speed limits for driving in cities, nor cops to catch reckless driving.

Now further imagine that on the major and most-used routes, there were timers. You want to get from A to B? Better do it in 35 minutes, or else you’re sent back to A again.

What do you think traffic would be like? And tempers?

3 Likes

If you really think that it is an unfair comparison, you know very little about caffeine and hopefully you’re not gonna end up killing yourself with monster or red bull.

your correct. which is why Alot of people who do routes, create WAs which Litterally put the Route on the map for the tank to follow, they dont need to create routes if unable to.

the trial and daring. all happens in the Beta, Theres Routes Published, WAs done and Addons made which guide u through all the most efficent routes.

sadly though. it gets tiring that people continously try to blame this on top 1%s. M+ or Blizzards content. its None.

As the Average continously improves at the game, things wil advance, it becomes more and more common for players to speedrun, back in WOTLK,

people would use a DPS DK in blood Stance, or a boomkin to allow for a 4th DPS Specc to Speed dungeon runs.

People in Cata, Would Stop using Healing speccs in dungeons as Tanks easily survived entire fights and they’d run a 4th DPS Instead to again Speed Dungeon runs.

this has forever existed, M+ isnt to blame… how WoWs developed now is nothing alike before and BOTH of them caused the SAME thing.

a Majority will take Over, As can be seen by threads, in most cases its a Singular player of 5 who had a Issue, if it was the majority against this, it wouldnt exist u’d vote kick anyone who tried these strats but their not which is a Clear indication that most of the group Want the Faster clears.

the only thing i’m against is Tanks being Rushed by other players, The tank sets the pace of the Dungeon. End of, it aint on a DPS or Healer to tell a tank Their going to slow, or too fast. backseat gaming Tanks isnt favorable behavior

Shot answer for me yes. By pushing the e-sport aspects of the game while putting everything else on low priority list. The World, social aspects, storytelling etc.

1 Like

I disagree. I dont think people are rushing. I think people are having fun.

I think this is lost on a audience of players, most people enjoy verticle grinds because they love seeing this character getting stronger.

Apart of that ever increasing strength fantasy is huge pulls, speed runs, massive aoe dps.

Ever wondered why tanks in a wipe will never just die and progressively try and solo the entire fight even at the cost of slowing down a m+ run?

Its because tanks feel awesome when they can manage it.

Its power gameplay fantasy. It feels awesome doing immensely high numbers, it deels amazing to pull 30 mobs and live. It feels amazing when you see everything die in seconds.

The issue is you think we are rushing content. When all we are doing is enjoying how strong our characters are.

Why do u think gear exists?. Its to fuel this lol, if people pulled 3 mobs at a time did full clesrs and pulled slowly etc etc. Do u have any idea how boring the game is?

I have no idea how players can enjoy slow runs… your dps looks garbage, ur healer does basically nothing, and dps never shine. It just becomes a slog realistically.

H

Dude clearly you do not live in a country where you have hundreds of kilometers of unsupervised highway, nor you have ever driven for a job. Otherwise you would be asking yourself how come nobody is constantly splattered on the guard rails, saving for those driving under the influence, and that is usually how you end up without spirit healer. :blush:

I mean, OP was talking about a first run, I’m guessing normal or heroic. This is like the 12yo brother punching his 9yo brother to feel hard.

Don’t get me wrong; I know how to push for a timer in M+, but there is a time and place for gogogo and it’s not in a normal with a bunch of people you don’t know, who may never have been there before because the expansion is 8 days old.

People need to learn to take a breath, look over their shoulder, notice when the team buttpulled behind them, and not get angry when someone costs them 20 seconds of their precious life.

3 Likes

I disagree again.

Theres a reason why this complaint exists on the forums, and thats cause its popular, if it wasnt youd vote kick the players who partake in this type of play knowing the next player wouldnt do it.

The issue is,

Yoy have 4 people wanting to run fast.

And 1 player wanting to take their time and getting mad.

Why should the minority in the situation be setting the standard realistically. Its on the group in a democracy fashion. If 4 people are screeching slow run. Yes your wrong to go ahesd and megs pull.

But those 4 people csn boot you from the group at any moment.

Also no, in content that matchs ur gear, u csnt play like this, its when u overgear the content. The playerbase who partake in normals wilpuld drop by 3/4s if they were forced to run slow in normal / heroics.

And yes

Its never acceptable to verbally abuse a player for accidently pulling in normal / heroic runs etc etc.

Which is why I specified CITY driving. On open roads, you can get away with a lot. When there are obstacles every few seconds, it’s a different thing entirely.

It’s not about wanting to take their time. I’ve never seen anyone go into a dungeon with the plan to spin the camera, look around, listen to the music. That’s not really a thing anyway, none of it’s that amazing. (Slight exception for that one time in 18 years I encountered an RP group who wanted to set up camp in the entrance.)

But when people have literally never been there, they don’t know where they’re going, they don’t know the narrow path they need to walk to avoid pulling, as is very common this soon after launch - they don’t deserve to get abuse from players who’ve had beta and want to use MDI strats.

And it is not reasonable to assume everyone is up for speed runs and skips. Most players don’t know what skips are. The tank in the OP’s post was an inconsiderate jerk, tbh.

People need to calm down, recognise that when you use the dungeon finder for normals and heroics, you have to adapt to who shows up rather than expecting everyone to be on peak efficiency. If you want perfection, pug +20 keys, but in normals and heroics for goodness sake, cut people some slack :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Im sorry but i disagree witb the example, this has existed since wotlk.

Blizzard tried to remove it in cata, players mass unsubbed.

Blizzard tried to remove it in SL, players mass unsubbed.

Its not because of blizzard this mentality exists. Its because rhe playerbase wont allow them to remove it. Lol, the issue is.

Its power fantasy. Pulling 30 monsters and seeing dps fly over 100k is the most fun WoW could litterally ever be.

Why do u think rogues are not popular even when meta? Because its AoE capped, people dont like the restriction.

Blizzard have tried to end this create slower runs. But the playerbase wont allow itzm.