Is it possible to take a guild name already in use?

To explain the situation, there’s a guild on Sylvanas with two level 47 characters in it who haven’t played in 8 years, is it possible to take their guilds guild name? I’ve used said guilds name elsewhere as a community name and in Classic as a guild name.

As far as i know there is no way to take different guild name.

I think this topic can clarify that for you:

How can you know they haven’t played in 8 years, don’t go by an external website.

The only thing you can do is open a ticket about it, but don’t get your hopes up.

Looking at their achievement history. I doubt they’ve not achieved a single thing in 8 years. I might be wrong and they last logged online yesterday but I doubt it. Tried making a ticket but I’ll be damned if it’s impossible to find the right category for making a ticket, and it seems you can’t find live chat anywhere anymore either.

As far as I remember, the Blues have said that guild names cannot be freed up, not even by a GM, as there is no policy for this.

Heya,

This is something we might be able to help you with, if you could please open a ticket in-game with all the information we see what can be done.

5 Likes

To update, I did get the guild name I wanted and it was a quick and painless process of just making the ticket and creating the guild :slight_smile: So if your desired guild name’s taken and been inactive for a long time, maybe try your chances!

3 Likes

Thanks for coming back to let us know. We don’t often hear how/if things get solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would also like to mention another problem to this and if Blizzard is able to solve it.
If people made the guild charter and got people signed on and they did not deliver to create their guild, we are not able to take that specific guild name.
It happens that people have that thing in their bank for years without using it or stopped playing and meanwhile we are unable to obtain that guild name because of this.
I would like to see a solution to this like a expire date for a week so people can take the guild name and not bound to leftovers. You made a solution of creating a system were names are being freed from inactive chars, but please do this to the guild names and specifically to the guild charters aswell.

1 Like