Is Mage going to be any good in PvP at any point in Season of Discovery?

Yeah when I grinded AV exalted I was doing defense with a mage that was running that, and we were blasting - he peeled for me, and during our setups we just nuked.

I think 4 classes are kind of overshadowing everything else this early in - Hunters, Ele, Paladin and Boomie.

With next set of gear Warriors will rise, and Rogues too. SL affliction might too.

Okay, let’s compare Ice Lance to Chimera Shot then.

ht tps://i.gyazo.com/56a8e0e819b9be0e05b373bdd666c994.png

500 damage vs 2000 damage.

If you defend this joke balance you’re nothing but a troll.

I´ve seen ice lance crit for 1800, if your spamming ice lance with no procs your a troll.

Highest pyro blast I saw was 2800 on a lvl 60 target. Saw a 3800 crit on a lvl 58 Pala on ziqo´s stream.

Damage is not a problem, sustain vs physical damage and mana regain is. Link me your crap gear please.

Yeah and I saw Jesus. Show proof or shut up.

I have 260 Spell Power in my PVP setup and my Ice Lances CRIT for what you saw in the picture. 500-600.

I think this probably a bit hyperbolic, the absolute maximum ice lance crit I’ve had 1000, and getting close to bis.

Troll, you are spamming Ice Lance with no procs. Can you link your mage´s name let me have a look at your gear.

You think ice lance crits for 600 without procs? :clown_face:

Dude, you clearly don’t know anything about the game so just go troll elsewhere ty.

Like I said, bigges troll on this forum - wont even show his gear - for all we know hes taking pictures naked. Done with you.

Dude is wearing gear from wailing caverns and doing 500 ice land crits lmao.

You don’t even know how Ice Lance works. Report for troll and thanks for the bump.

ht tps://i.gyazo.com/20f040a88521dd6244f39324409757ae.png

I mean… my name of the character is the one I’m replying to you on?

But if you think ice lance hits for 600 without a fingers of frost or a frozen target, you’ve said enough to know you’re just spewing out random numbers you have 0 idea about.

He also keeps talking about these mysterious procs when Ice Lance only needs a frozen target to do its full damage. There’s no ‘procs’ to increase its damage further.

He’s a clown. Just report for troll and ignore him.

Where in that picture did you see the target being frozen? Are you claiming that your ice lands are hitting frozen targets for 500? Can you make a video of that, since I am seeing mages doing 1k+ on frozen targets (that dont have crap gear).

All I see is two mages taking pictures of non frozen Ice lances with no FnF procs, and comparing it with a chimera. Refusing to even show gear - I.E trolls.

No wonder why you guys cry about damage, your spamming ice lance on non frozen targets and with no FnF procs, jesus…

I have no idea what pictures your referring to mate.

We’re not using IL without FoF or someone being frozen because it’s damage is awful, and only average with FoF or a frozen target but it’s clear this isn’t worth the energy.

Have a good day :slight_smile:

The OP troll posted a picture of his non frozen´non FnF ice lands critting for 500. And he is comparing that damage to Chimera - do you see why I am calling him a troll.

I’m not on sure on his gear or if he is specced into shatter / piercing ice so it’s hard to say if that number comes from green gear or whatever.

At the moment I’m rank 9, rank 10 next week and my gear is a mix of bis (AV offhand, chromatic cloak) mixed with pre-bis and rank 7-9 gear. My IL will crit for around 700-1000 depending on target playing deep frost

even in pve mage is pretty worthless now , it waste way too much mana while elem/sp are never oom and cleave just as much.

at last they bring water i guess :joy:

Yeah this isn’t true, on single target in the top 3 of DPS

In dungeons you can make a viable build using frozen orb playing around brain freeze / fingers of frost.

Mana issues are a much better since hot streak was made free and playing around brain freeze procs in dungeons also means mana in a dungeon is pretty easy

yeah you’re top dps for one pack then you have to regen for the 5next while we cleaned half the dungeon :joy:

or i guess every mage i saw till now were terrible.

Yeah I man that’s just not the case, Brain Freeze makes FFB Free, Frozen Orb means you can spam instant casts brain freeze. Between frozen orb you can play around living flame / cone of cold giving you brain freeze procs, mix in FFBs etc.

With mana jade / rubys, robe of arch mage, evo etc there’s minimal downtime when playing a proper dungeon set up.

Bruh mage is the only class in SoD that has a mana bar. If they made Hunters and Shaman and Druids immune to going OOM it’s bs that Mages weren’t included.