Is Varian in the Shadowlands?

SAYS
WHO
?

NO
ITS
NOT

Else chaos / death / void and other are also divine

You mean low officers of the aspects took part in the war , while the aspects were sleeping / nexus war / not there at all

Akali was there , also with the dream way it’s not hard to get there if the world really would be in danger

Illidan wasn’t toying with them. As he was half dead when we reached him. He still had no trouble stunning us all and won there against us

Stated by a old man who knows nothing about Azeroth.

Good source. Let’s take the word of every non meta character for face value.

Kael Thas is a god then , since he said it himself

It doesn’t tho

Says the story? If you didn’t pay attention it’s not my problem. Arthas and Argus are literally the only boss who canonically kill the players. You HAVE to die in order to complete their encounter, since the player’s death is a necessary part of the fight.

Chaos and Death are not the staples of the cosmos. I also said that the Void is divine.

The Aspects were fighting against Malygos, since every expansion usually has another threat alongside the main villain. Even so, the Aspects were also concerned with the Scourge, since their ancestral grounds were being attacked by the Lich King’s forces. That’s why they went to Wrathgate to cleanse the land in fire.

Akali was killed by his Prophet after he claimed some of his powers. Also if the Lich King had won the war in Northrend and attacked Kalimdor, it is entirely possible that they would’ve gotten involved in the war eventually. The Wild Gods don’t enter a conflict unless they themselves are threatened by it. Where were the Wild Gods during the Third War (aside from Cenarius, who was killed early on) or during Kil’jaeden’s invasion in TBC?

Illidan did not kill the players, unlike the Lich King, he only stunned them. Just because at one point he overpowered the players doesn’t mean he could have won.

Again, it doesn’t matter who states it, since that “old man” is written by Blizzard, in case you hadn’t noticed. There is no indication that Terenas was wrong. Shadowlands proves him right, because now that there is no Lich King left the Scourge threatens to annihilate all life on Azeroth, and it is imperative that it is stopped at its source. Which will be the point of the pre-patch.

I don’t remember Kael’thas saying that he was a god, and anyway he wasn’t stating a plot point. He was just rambling. Terenas instead was stating a plot point, that is that there must always be a Lich King, and there is no indication from Blizzard or elsewhere in the game that he was wrong.

It’s really no point talking to you , as you decide what is canon and what not .

Really weird why are you on the story forum , if you only care for your headcanon?

I am on a story forum because I am discussing canon story. It is canon that only Arthas and Argus killed the players, as Arthas and Argus are the only fight encounters in the game in which the player is forced to die as part of the mechanic. In the Illidan fight, the players was never automatically killed at one point, he was just stunned.

And that’s not canon , why again ?

Was it ever mentioned to not be canon ?

Are all lich kings abulity he uses in his encounter not canon ?

Apple bananas

But… i’m telling you that it is canon that the Lich King kills the player… you’re the one who said it wasn’t canon…

1 Like

No , iam saying other enemy’s in quests / dungeons / raids also killed us player

There is no other dungeon or raid boss who successfully killed the player.

Mandokir???

No. His Decapitate ability could be resisted by some abilities like Ice Block. It was not a scripted event in the encounter. Whereas you cannot avoid the Lich King killing you even if you’re 120.

Varian died to make room for Anduin. I don’t think we will be seeing him again. To be honest I hope I’m wrong cause I liked the guy before he started being Anduin-ified.

Actually you don’t die to it since a few expansions

Meaning by your logic = lich king killing is is not canon

Actually you do, since I just did ICC on my 120 and I still died because it’s a scripted event.

Skip to end

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, because it’s canon that Arthas was one of the two only bosses who canonically killed the players.

1 Like

Why doesn’t it matter ? You said if you can survive it, it doesn’t count

You can’t decide what is canon and what is not

Every fight is canon or none is. You can’t just decide case by case unless specified by a different source.

Else are any abilities / anything said durring encounters canon ?

1 Like

Because it doesn’t matter. Mandokir killing a player is not a scripted event, whereas the Lich King killing everyone was.

Your logic is asinine. Just because the Lich King no longer oneshots players, 5 expansions later, doesn’t mean that canonically he did not kill the players and was the only boss (up until Argus) who did so. Do you even know the distinction between gameplay and story? Following your logic, Archimonde is weaker than one naked pandaren, because a lvl 120 naked pandaren can solo him.

I don’t decide what is canon, Blizzard does, and they decided that the Lich King and Argus are the only two bosses who canonically kill the players.

Again tell me one reason why mandokir killing people and having ghosthealer ( Who are canon btw ) revive us is not canon.

Give me one good reason.

And again if you say game mechanic. Then we can basically ignore every boss fight and ability they use as non canon.

Second cataclysm ? Noooo, just a game mechanic. Not canon that he could do it

You probably think the quest in which we kill ourself in Azshara isn’t canon either or when Khadgar killed us with the ring ?

1 Like

Because then even a kobold canonically killed the player, since if you stand still against a lvl 120 kobold, you can die after a while. Mandokir killing someone is not scripted, thus it’s not canon if it gets you. Same way that it’s not canon if you wipe against a boss.

Both Arthas and Argus encounters have the player’s death as a scripted event that can’t be avoided.

The Second Cataclysm was interrupted midway during the fight.

I never said there aren’t any quests where the player dies. I am only talking about raid and dungeon encounters.

But it was only a game mechanic. So it’s not canon.

Also again what about the quests in which we die ? There are tons of them?

Ans Kobold killing afk is something different then a boss fight were dying is part of the fight