It’s about time we addressed the racism and other issues in World of Warcraft

There is no racism, that is just in your little disturbed world, and it is concerning.

1 Like

Think you will find that they are in fact nothing more than pixels and artwork, as has been mentioned, it is only in your world where they actually attach anything vaguely resembling reality.

1 Like

This entire problem started after somone of brown color died because of a police agents inaction.and that happened within America. That other country’s decide to go on a rampage while it has never been as bad as within America i still do not understand…

The accent topic is a tricky one.

How do you capture the idea that races don’t speak identically without using other accents? If you have all races sound American, that is lacking diversity. Not to mention boring.

So what do you do? Do you “make up” new accents for each race to avoid claims they’re racist caricatures? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to create a brand new accent that has literally no resemblance to languages we use? I’d argue it’s impossible, because we’re limited by languages that exist.

So when accents are used it’s not meant to represent that trolls are Jamaican, or Draenei are Eastern European. It’s simply a way of showing the don’t speak like Azeroth humans even when speaking the same language. In some cases the language is relevant symbolically in relation to others but not for RL reasons. Ie Zandalari speak with West African accents and Jamaican is a child dialect of West African dialects, it’s a way of showing their racial relationship. But they are not literally African.

2 Likes

World of Warcraft =/= Real World, if you don’t see the difference then you need professional help, this way >>—>

3 Likes

No it’s not.

1 Like

People like him are the problem, they see problems even in places where they do not exist.

5 Likes

Stop seeing problems when there are none.

“No non-white heroes” We literally get orc heroes in WARCRAFT 1. I’m pretty sure greenies and brownies are different from whiteies.

Edit: also gj posting on a white human male dumbass

5 Likes

How is this thread not locked yet…
Jesus, these social justice warriors are everywhere… Like a plague

7 Likes

How many non-white characters do you play? Just out of curiosity. Maybe you’re racist too? :clown_face:

1 Like

How dare you :laughing:

Correct, because the Kingdoms of Azeroth each represent various medieval human kingdoms. This is the European fantasy genre in action, and it’s integral to the genre that WoW occupies. It doesn’t need to represent black people, although I understand it soon will anyway, just like I don’t ask black people to fill their art full of white people who speak Zulu.

It’s just a fantasy universe with some characters in it, and some characters not in it. It’s going to be okay.

Warcraft’s races represent cultures. There is no sense that one culture is bad or inferior to others. They’re just different and have different ideals - but we’ve seen bad and good people from almost all of them. Clashes of cultures are common throughout history, so it’s a very logical and fun place to put the conflicts. Remember, that’s what we’re trying to tell about here: Conflicts.

WoW doesn’t say any culture is inferior to another. The notion that shamanism is bad is something you’ve completely made up. One of Warcraft’s most recognisable characters, Thrall, is a shaman, yet he represents Chris Metzen, one of WoW most famous developers. They love shamans and have no interest in representing them as morally inferior.

They have associated them with buffaloes more so than cows, and they describe them as powerful, shamanistic, and honourable. It’s without doubt a complement.

I’ve thought about it, and I’ve concluded that Warcraft consider elves much more evil than trolls. Trolls are territorial, elves almost destroy the planet several times.

It’s not negative though.

What? Chinese people loved Mists of Pandaria in general, and they are very honoured to be represented by Pandaren.

Also, their accents are not fake. Most of them have been recorded using Chinese-American or Chinese-Japanese people.

Emperor Shaohao is Greg Chun
Pandaren female is Hira Ambrosino
etc.
Not all of them though.

They’re not ugly - they’re savage and they’re trying to find a new home. Well except the Undead, screw those guys.

Remember that they are Forsaken, and that means they have their human memories intact. No, they’re evil because their home has been destroyed and they have lost hope - not because they’re undead. They are evil humans.

Yeah, we haven’t always been the good guys.

Over my dead body. They’re not going to un-Tauren the Tauren by making them beautiful or human. They’re not going to un-Orc the Orcs by making them humans. The races are just a bit of fun and bring variety to the world. They don’t make racial stereotypes other than within the Warcraft race, and they simply draw upon inspiration from the real world.

Nobody has tried to disparage or be racist towards anyone, which is of course why you need to come in and claim it’s racist towards everybody, when clearly everybody don’t think it’s racist. Millions and millions of people are familiar with Warcraft and only one of them, you, think there’s a racism problem here.

This way of storytelling is a genre that’s at least 130 years old, originating with Tolkien, and that was in turn inspired by “British mythology”, which itself had huge influence from the Norse, which is where many of these tropes come from originally. This way of storytelling is thus perhaps over a thousand years old.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and to get upset over it shows that your skin is thin and that you’re looking for trouble. This is concern-trolling.

If you don’t like it, please, by all means, go away.

8 Likes

Ion must be replaced by female or poc alliance main leadership

I’ll bite i guess…
You’re either a complete loser with nothing better to do than sit around spending hours trying to connect fantasy races with real world issues to achieve nothing more than bringing down peoples moods in an attempt to match your own serotonin starved mindset.
Or
You actually believe this crap and again have nothing better going on in your life than to try and again, ruin peoples enjoyment and bring them to your own pathetic level.

Either way i pity you.

7 Likes

Oy vey!

Talk about being offended for the sake of it…

2 Likes

Yet again that’s false. It did not start after the murder of Floyd. It went worse this problem was always around and now they have enough. Unesecery police violence and racism is everywhere. Might not be as bad in America but it’s truly there. Only now ppl see it becouse it matters more for some reason.

1 Like

Yes it is. Every where in the world is unesecery police violent and racism. And if you think there is not you might not have enough friends that are not from your country.

With all due respect i am not going to discuss a real life topic on a forum of a video game site. point here is that what thavius i trying to do is wrong and also not true there is no racism within wow never has been and this game has been about murdering since the very beginning.Because we the players accept all quests given to us and kill everything they ask us to kill. And if you where on the same server i would kill you to.

1 Like

Source : Trust me dude

3 Likes

I think he refers to this kind of “racism”?

https://i.imgur.com/kSZkPpx.png

Darkspear troll supremacy in trade chat!

4 Likes