It’s about time we addressed the racism and other issues in World of Warcraft

Wait, aren’t you Alliance!?

An illusion! what are you hiding!?

1 Like

I’ve pretty much stopped playing alliance because when I look at the amount of keys when I want to play when I wake up, there’s like 0 keys in the range I want to play. Sometimes there’s even only 8 groups up in total, 3-4 of them being boost advertising, lol.

Why be just one faction when you can be yes!?

2 Likes

Some of this is a bit of a stretch. People are capable of disconnecting fiction from reality. Some of your points are coasting along the same line as “Video games cause violence”.

Fiction shouldn’t be dictated by reality. It’s fiction. It’s made up. Let it be.

You don’t see racists parading around fictional books and video games as a motivator for their beliefs. Because their prejudice beliefs don’t come from fiction. People should be free to write whatever they want.

2 Likes

I’d give it a solid 8/10.

the rise of sjw’ism is just the same as any other religion, it’s largely igmored at first, you think ‘these crazies seem harmless enough’ and let it run, but it starts affecting the higher orders of society and becomes law where it has the power to rule by the sword.

2 Likes

I’m actually really upset by the serious lack of religious freedom that is portrayed in this game. It’s downright horrifying how we are persecuting and murdering the poor folk of the Twilights Hammer, simply for practicing their religion!!! To say nothing about the poor N’Zoth cultists we’re butchering in 8.3!

Shocking I say!

3 Likes

There is no racism in wow. That’s why a lot of the player base freaks out when a certain race gets a different skin colour or eyes.

Gather round!

It’s time we addressed pointless and shallow virtue signalling in games.

We don’t need one black, one white, one bi, one pronoun, one disabled person of colour to be “inclusive”.

I’d go into a more detailed rebuttal but that would mean I gave the crap you wrote credence, and I don’t.

8 Likes

Where even do you get that kind of information? do you believe everything? I never heard a single person talk about that. i sometimes hear some people talk about preferences but that’s all somethings we like and some we do not. I do not like the undead hair choices we have within game and i think they look ugly does that make me a racist? No! because its a fantasy game its fictional get that through your head just like i told thavius…

It has nothing to do with racism you small minded person. Some people care about lore but I guess you’re not capable of understanding that.
I watched a movie about d-day not too long ago and some parachuters were black which immediately destroyed immersion for me as there were no afro american parachuters during invasion. Does that mean I’m racist?
I also watched an interview with seal squad soldier who said he cant stand action movies cause he always counts bullets and it completely ruins most action movies for him.

It’s by no means racism and you’re lucky we’re on the internet cause I’d use my trollish palm and slap you, kid.

6 Likes

If you see racism everywhere in your life, may that be irl, games or other forms of entertainment, then guess what: you’re the racist. You’re literally looking for issues where there are none.

4 Likes

I’m responsible for what I say and do.
I am not responsible for other peoples actions or words.
I am not here to police the language of others.
I, like many others find racism and sexism stupid, it makes no sense and it’s harmful for sure, but it’s not for me to ‘fix’ racist or sexist people.
If/When it comes knocking at my door? I’ll deal with it.
What I wont do is cry about it on internet forums to signal just how many great virtues I have.

And so we are clear? I’ve personally been the victim of racism, as has my daughter.

Problem the world has is nothing but nothing is been mentioned about the NZ police officer who was killed!

“There are no non-white human heroes or NPCs as far as I am aware”

• There is some merit to this argument. Although the human civilisations depicted here are roughly based on Medieval European cultures so this is understandable.
    I do think there is plenty of scope to add in non white human cultures into the game through future expansions. I hope they will.

“…if you are a member of one race, you hate … “other” race … fighting race wars … idea that a race or culture is inherently bad or evil or lesser has been used to justify slavery”

• I don’t see this particularly as a race war, it’s more of a Cold War like between The West (NATO) and The Soviet Union, which had its own flare-ups like Vietnam (Pandaria). These factions tend to fight over land, power (Azerite), powerful items (Pillars of Creation).

“The extremely racist tropes that the Horde embody. The “Noble Savage” Orcs … “Primitive Savage” Tauren … Native American stereotypes … “Bloodthirsty Savage” … Jamaican trolls.
… prevalence of Shamanism … negative trope … spiritual beliefs of a people … are not a quirk, and should be treated with far more respect than they have been.”

• I don’t see that a culture inspired by elements real world culture is rasist, especially as they generally aren’t done in a negative or ‘make-fun-of’ kind of way. I dislike the culture segregationism of the culture-appropriation argument. There is good and bad on both sides.

“The fake “Asian” Pandaren with their fake “Asian” accents.”

• Yeah, this one has more merit. I never liked the whole drunken asian tropes. There was a lot of good in the Pandarian expansion, music, landscapes etc. but there are valid issues here too.

“The fact that all these “Savage” Horde races are ugly, while the allied races are not.”

• Don’t buy this one. Dwarves, Worgens, Draenai are hardly beauties. Blood Elves aren’t exactly ugly. Not sure the Orc are exactly ugly, somewhat fierce looking.

“The fact that the only evil humans are undead, and they are evil because they are undead, not because they are human.”

• The Defias Brotherhood.
    The Scarlet Crusade.
    Many Twillight Cultists.
    Bloodsail Bucaneers.
    The Syndicate.

And these don’t include the many humans who got corrupted by various old gods or tainted objects.

“…asked to slaughter Dragons… sentient and sapient beings”

• Hmm, not sure where this comes from. We kill lots of being that were corrupted by whatever. There is generally a lore reason which explains why it’s necessary. It’s a game so these reason are going to be flimsy for sure but that’s games for you.
1 Like

Native American & Ancient Greek I can see, but I can’t see any Turkish influence in the Night Elven society. They are however inspiration from Japan as was explained in an interview several years ago. The Torii-inspired gates is just one example (remove the two spaces in the link down below).

https:// nathansuperblog .files.wordpress.com/2016/04/torii_gates.png?w=700

Why are threads like this even allowed?

4 Likes

Apparently not. I think that this person is going to go mental when he hears of the Imperium of Man…

…So here goes: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperium_of_Man

They aren’t, it’s weekend.

STOP. STOP.

I am so tired of this virtue signalling. Just stop. Please stop and bring your racism accusations into twitter.

Just go away. Please, just stop. JUST… STOP.

6 Likes