It’s about time we addressed the racism and other issues in World of Warcraft

I have a speech for you.

Stop … just stop. Thanks.

1 Like

Obviously the brown one :joy: eat all brown eggs not white ones we don’t want another thread about rascism…

1 Like

It made the press and the radio in the UK when it happened.

Throughout European folklore goblins have loved/hoarded gold. The fact you think that alludes to Jewish people is all on your own prejudices.

Most of that thread is your own opinion, which you are entitled to. But it says more about you than it does the game.

I do not find the Horde races ugly, personally they are far preferable to the alliance ones.

You also appear to be conflating different cultures with different values to your own, such as the fascinating trolls and glorious undead, as ‘evil’. How colonial of you.

And if you look at a troll and think that it represents a Jamaican, or a Tauren a Native American…that’s on you buddy. I personally don’t see a resemblance.

Unless your issue is with any fantasy fictional setting using aspects of real world history or culture? In which case you must only read some very dull fiction indeed.

1 Like

Good to see that there are many sane voices on this forum. Tired of all the pandering to social justice warriors.

4 Likes

Nothing brings the Warcraft experience to the table like sinking some primitive orcish juggernauts and sending the greenskins to the bottom of the sea in Warcraft 2.

2 Likes

That’s… very racist.

Which part of the Jewish religion do you see applicable in goblins?

Honestly, how dare you…

People don’t understand when a game or movie/tv show uses sterotypes like the simpsons. They are actually making fun of the people who believe it, aka it’s a joke because it’s stupid, Let’s take the Simpsons for example. I’m scottish and find Willie funny as hell. He’s sterotyped as being a stupid angry racist that hates the English etc. What I find really messed up is the whole thing with Apu. So it’s ok for the Simpsons to sterotype most nations but it some how becomes racist when they do it with an Indian character? Hypocrisy. Anyone who takes this stuff serious is off their head.

Why is it racist to do a Chinese or Indian accent but not a Scottish one? or English etc? it’s like people saying that it’s racist think it’s bad to be Chinese or Indian. I would argue it’s them that’s being racist.

1 Like

and yet I don’t see any marches or shows of support!

1 Like

If you have a bad day. Remember you’re ugly too.

Roll a horde char. Problem solved.

Why should there be any marches? We don’t go out and march for everyone else who sadly falls in the line of duty.

You should look into it, ever heard of ‘oy vey.’ How have you not heard this Jewish accent, I see it in alot of comedies, even Family Guy. I’ve seen documentories with Jews in speaking with this accent. Seriously how have you not heard it? Just look it up on youtube. It’s a sort of Yiddish accent.
I’m not the only one sayign this Amongold brings it up on his stream everytime people bring up stereotypes of races in WoW. It’s common knowledge…

Edit: I just youtubed ‘Jewish accent’ tons of videos with examples.
Google ‘jewish accent on goblins in world of warcraft’ and many people have raised this issue before in the past too.

I’m Jewish and I have a mancunian accent since I live in Manchester. No way do you think every Jew has this yiddish accent. Every Jew I know in Manc has a typical Manchester accent because we all grew up here… Would of had a newcastle accent had I of grown up in Newcastle too or anywhere else. Just youtube the Jewish accent already and then go listen to the goblins in game.

I’ve heard plenty of New York/new jersey accents exactly the same whom are typical catholic (presumably Irish or Italian descent).

Yes some Jewish people will have the same accent; but like I said Jewish people in Birmingham sound the same as Christians/atheists/agnostics/satanists etc.

I’ve never drawn inference to the goblin/Jewish thing and I knew nothing of what you said beforehand. It doesn’t really bother be that I didn’t and even knowing know what you said I still think it’s way too far fetched…and people looking for something to be offended by for the sake of it.

1 Like

There is no such thing as a Jewish accent sorry. Accents are localised dialects that one picks up through listening and communication with others in the same locality.

2 Likes

Seriously just google or youtbe ‘jewish accent’ or ‘jewish accent on golbins in world of warcraft.’
The ironic thing is all the other races like Jamaican trolls and native american tauren didn’t bother me since these races in game are still portrayed as noble and decent brave warrior races. Whereas the goblins are portrayed as greedy, dishonest, untrustworthy bankers. The fact the goblins have a Jewish accent just continues all this stereotype about Jewish bankers running the world and Jews being greedy and all about money.

And again I can see you haven’t looked it up, why bother talking to you if you won’t even look it up. Have you ever heard of ‘yidish accent’?? I want to link these youtube vids but I don’t think I’m allowed to here, why can’t we deabte this on youtube lol

If you put a Jew, a catholic, a proddy, a Muslim, an atheist and a few others in Liverpool for 5 years they’ll all sound like scousers.

No I haven’t looked it up coz I don’t care enough tbh. Like I said I think too many people purposely look for offence in things in order to give themselves credence. That’s just my opinion though, not fact!

1 Like

Those are all religions, where as there is the great debate whether Jews are a race too or just a religion. People ascociate a middle eastern accent with Islam don’t they. Well there are dozens of threads and forums regarded this golin jewish accent all over the internet for years now. So at least others aren’t as ignorant as you.

Jesus Christ… then troll elsewhere if you won’t actually bloody quickly google it. I guess you never heard the word ‘yiddish accent’ and never will know what it sounds like. Stop debating me if you you won’t look it up. Wow…

Mate when you kill people in arena you’re a murderer, we should delete arenas. And tbh it’s not like Garrosh did anything wrong, killing him and the hundreds of thousands of his men that died was genocide.

It is your job as a healthy, well adjusted individual to be able to abstract yourself from the real world. That’s the entire point of a fictional world. Wanna good representation, go to The Division 2, they did a stellar job there. It’s so stellar it makes me not want to play the game because I believe killing The Hyenas is actually wrong, and they’re the correct faction in that game. The game still asks you to do it, and it is terribly relevant to what is going on right now.

If that’s how you see Jews, that’s on you, mate.

Your entire post is basically “I’m a racist and I hate that the game is reminding me of it”.

2 Likes

I’m talking about accents - that’s all. I don’t believe Jews are a race, I believe it is a religion.
I ain’t trolling - I’m stating my opinion. The fact that it’s different to yours does not make it trolling. All you really do is back up my point about people feeling the need to find offence somewhere and then shout troll because it’s not in agreement with you. Poor argument style.

1 Like