It’s about time we addressed the racism and other issues in World of Warcraft

So you have never heard the anti jew propaganda that Jews run the banks? I mean it’s been going around for like a hundred years since Rothschild bank. What about the whole “Jews run hollywood” too? Someone needs to read up on some history.

Lol tell me when you debate someone on youtube or forums and you prove your point with statistics and facts and even link media or other vids that prove your point, and even link an article from the media that person trusts that proves your point. But no matter what that person refuses to look at anything you link even though it proves you’re right, what do you do?

Since I tell you to google it or anything but you won’t. Whats the point in continueing any debate? I could link dozens of articles or videos proving my point but I can’t here. And you refuse to look up any of them because you “cba”. Yet you can be arsed sparing alot of time debating me here and not 10 secs on google lol

I did google that and what i found was an mmo champions thread about it and i get
On the Jewishness of the Draenei - World of Warcraft Forums US.
And on youtube what comes up is Ny York jewish accent if that is the one you mean that is a new york accent that the goblins have, this might be why you are confused what you are actually hearing is a New York accent.

I think you might want to take our own thing here and google it yourself.

You have no idea how much I want to link the oyutube vids and sites I found on this topic. You know what take this up with Asmongold he’s the one that brings this up, this is the only one that bothers him when it comes to portraying races in WoW. He’s the one with the massive audience he’s preaching this too. I can’t be arsed debating this with people who have no clue what the Jewish yiddish accent is. This is unreal.

Ever heard of "oy vey’ thats acsociated souly with the Amercian Jewish accent. Bascially yiddish Americans. I see that phrase on twitch everytime Jews are mentioned on stream.

Why would a google it? Your basically saying Jews have an accent. Well no they don’t. People have an accent based on their locality/upbringing regardless of their religion.

I did Literally what you asked people to do and i shared my findings on Google and youtube like you asked of us to do.

I also then looked up video of how the goblin NPC speak and it is a very clear and distinct New York Accent.

But what you are also asserting is that a jew living ALL there life in Western USA and a jew living there whole life in China will sound the EXACT same way. (i should clearify when speaking yiddish.)

As a side note

You are EVEN specifying AMERICAN right here if it was a specific way of speaking all over you would say Jewish accent you would NOT say American there.

Yes and where does the Yiddish accent come from? Yiddish is the jewish accent. I agree with you that you don’t believe Jews are a race, usually when I say that people come back and say “well then why does all Jews have big noses then.” lol a very annoying response.

Keep your IRL political garbage out of fantasy video games.

3 Likes

Just type in youtube “Jewish accent” or “YIDDISH ACCENT”. Yiddish is the Jewish accent. I can’t debate this anymore, I can’t get over that people have never heard yiddish. It even sounds like an American Brooklyn accent. I give, up. If people think Yiddish doesn’t exist theres no hope.
It’s like when a russian talks in english you can hear the russian accent, or if someone from pakistan talks english you can still hear his middle eastern accent. If someone yiddish speaks in english you can still hear the yiddish accent.

It’s been going around a lot longer than that. Probably about 2000 years or so, give or take, ever since the Gospels were written and the story of Jesus throwing the money lenders out of the temple.

As for ‘race’ it is a flawed principle laid down in the 18th century in order to prove that the white European was superior.

Edit; oh and Yiddish is a specific language used by Jewish people mainly in what is now Eastern Europe prior to the Holocaust. It is primarily a German dialect with a number of Hebrew words and some other modern language words. At the end of the day Yiddish is still nothing more than a language and not a specific accent.

1 Like

“It is primarily a German dialect with a number of Hebrew words and some other modern language words. At the end of the day Yiddish is still nothing more than a language and not a specific accent.”

I googled “yiddish” this is what it says.
“a language used by Jews in central and eastern Europe before the Holocaust. It was originally a German dialect with words from Hebrew and several modern languages, and still has some 200,000 speakers, mainly in the US, Israel, and Russia.”
I have met people who speak with a yiddish accent. There is a specific accent whe na yiddish person speaks in english. It’s very different from Hebrew. It literally sounds like a brooklyn accent.

So it sounds like a New York accent. Because it is New York Jews you are listening to. But again you are using America as your basis for this on a language that is Not even from that CONTINENT.

OMG you really are in this fantasy land.
You hear it like a Brooklyn accent because you are listening to jews living in Brooklyn i really do not understand how you are not able to fathom this.

Also IF YOU GOOGLE where is wow races accents from goblin, you find This line:
All the goblin voices are a mix of stereotypical Brooklyn/New Jersey thug with a chain-smoker’s (probably cigars) hoarseness. But yeah it’s basically supposed to be a Jersey Shore accent .

Why do you need to be so racist that you take a FICTIONAL universe and you hear ACTORS act out accents and then you assign them as jews based on what YOU believe is correct to them? Honestly, i think you might just be the racist here.

1 Like

Here is a video of Michael Rosen doing a multilingual workshop with some Yiddish. To my untrained ears it still sounds like Michael Rosen speaking in Michael Rosen’s accent.

It’s not a New York accent. I have met Jewish people who speak yiddish that have never been to America. It sounds similar to Brooklyn accent but not the same thats for sure. Good god bloody youtube yiddish accent already and listen to it.

I actually give up, theres no point is there. I wish so much you lot could meet the yiddish people I know. It soudns similar to Brooklyn accent yes but all those hundreds of thousands of jews who speak with this accent that have never been to America yet have this strange brooklyn accent, how odd… I give up say what you want.
I’m debating people who have never heard of a yiddish accent or language, or ever heard the propaganda that Jews run the banks or hollywood. Or that think that jews are a race or not a race. There is so much ignorance on Jews and their history.

Well I can only talk for me but I assuredly do know that Yiddish is a language and I know more than my fair share of both Jewish history and also all the anti-Semitic propaganda that is put about that they supposedly run all the banks and Hollywood etc. But the latter is just what it is, anti-Semitic propaganda and the former, from everyone I have heard talk Yiddish is that it is in their own natural accent from the place they grew up in.

I also know that race and there being different races is 18th century nonsense.

So if it is SO similar to a Brooklyn Accent WHY DO YOU INSIST on Goblins being jewish? What if WoWs dev team wanted them to have a New York Brooklyn Accent because it is well known movie trope.

Why do you need the goblins to be Jews in the first place? You yourself are claiming right here that they sound very similar to a Brooklyn accent you know an accent that is in the Same country as the game devs an accent that is even a movie trope an accent that is very common to make because it has a spesific way of speaking.

Also i have listened to at least 6 videos with Yiddish the only one very close was a video about the jews in New York you know the place that has Brooklyn. And where the accent would fit the normal everyday accent completly.
Oh and i listen to a ukrainan Yiddish and it sounds Nothing like the Brooklyn accent in anyway. It sounds far more similar to german.

But i still do not get this one thing WHY DO YOU insist that the goblins must be jews? If the accent is the only thing i find that Very weak.
And if you think it is the bank and hollywood thing that is just a reflection on how you think not how everyone else think.

2 Likes

Change? Stop playing if you can´t distinguish between a game and real life.

I am racist to all Caucasian people - 90%+ of Europe who play on English realm and don’t bother to know basics of English.

So : Portuguese, Italian, Spain, Greece, French, German , Russian, like half of them don’t bother while being on English realm.

And before haters come I am Caucasian too.

1 Like

oh gawd, seriously, just came across this thread.

Racism is part of this game ens of story.

Otherwise whats the point.

XD love this reply what if those people decide not to talk english anymore? if they start talking within their own native langauge? I would love to see that.