Its not a good sign when

I’m sorry if you’re feeling harassed. I will stop making suggestions, as it wasn’t my intention. However, you’re always welcome to come back to my offer if you wish.

1 Like

you broke the coc by naming and shaming a poster not even in this thread or spoke to you and you did it on 2 chars ,

I have flagged it, what happened nothing, becouse they are free to do what they please and to mistreat who they want.

I dont believe there are CM helping them but surelly they have the power to mass flag people they don’t like.

Giving proof=harassment?

But actually is you now that are harrassing me now.

If nothing happened then a mod deemed it to be within the CoC, or something may have happened, even a short silence of a few hours, we don’t know what happens as it is against the CoC to discuss bans/punishments.

But as far as I am aware if you are continuously flagged then it mounts up and each time the punishments get longer, of course this is only true if you do break the rules, if you didn’t then your post is unflagged and no punishment.

I am NOT advocating flagging someone just because you don’t like them, what I am saying is that if you think a poster is breaking the rules then flag it. NOBODY is or should be above the CoC that we all have to follow.

I have never massed flagged anyone in the 2 years these forums have been as they are.

I flag when I see someone break the code of conduct, which you did today.

You started this discussion up again, 5 days after it had ended, and then cry harassment because it isn’t going your way. Or maybe because the whole thing was simply to bait.

I will reiterate: join the discord, see that we don’t organise mass flags and then stop spreading malicious lies about us. Bring cats pics and pizza.

4th or 5th offer now, the ball is in your court :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s true that the forums play host to some very over the top tantrums, lack of perspective and mind meltingly dense faceplam moments, but at the same time they also provide humour, an avenue for constructive feedback and discussion, and a place for the community to exchange ideas and have a good bit of banter.

It’s also true that overall most forums suffer from a slight negative bias due to the fact that the often times people only feel the need to use them when they have a gripe or an issue. When all is well, they don’t use the forums. In my experience that often leads to the common misunderstanding that because a forum community may have a negative bias, the most aggrieved will take this as an indication that their view is the majority view. In reality though I think the majority never come here and are happy enough playing the game without needing or wanting to get involved with the forum community.

I can definitely say that the forums have brought me much jollity and entertainment over the years (I took a break and have recently returned, I don’t know when the forum avatars/post counts got reset but I used to be very active :slight_smile: )

As for the whole ‘why play it if you hate it’ argument, that’s a whole can of worms right there. It’s frustrating when changes are made that don’t fit in with your preferences but it’s important to maintain perspective and remember that it’s in the best interest of the developers and publishers to keep as many of their subscribers happy as they can, as well as making lots of money of course!

5 Likes

yep, FF is about 80% pizza-shaming and cat pictures :joy:

3 Likes

and memes , dont forget the mems xD

2 Likes

But still don’t change how they behave like if they are the ruler of the place, and in 5 days nothing changed, I just saw them keeping trolling/ derailing treads/ misstreting everyone thinks outside the hivemind, reason why I provided the actuall truth of how one of them behave.

I think a lot of people take disagreements personally. It’s probably just human nature to a certain extent. Take our favourite popcorn goat, we get on really well but we will often have different opinions about stuff. It doesn’t affect how we feel about each other.

I think some also have a habit of attacking the poster rather than the view. Always debate the view :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You could actually take note of your own advice and follow your own advice by not visiting the forums, and just let players post their feedback.

Totally agree with you! Besides, if everyone agreed with everything everyone said the world would be the MOST boring place to be. No one would learn anything at all, usually counter-arguments teach at least something.

Edit: Also because Morgan Freeman - look at him, dont you just want to give him a huge love!

3 Likes

You provided nothing at all ,all you did was bump a thread that had been dead for 5 days by using 2 of your chars to carry out a bait post .

i like you to show me which post is flaggable

Show me one thread I’ve derailed in the last 5 days!

Show me where I’ve acted like I own the forum!

Show me where I’ve trolled!

Don’t bring in a person you’ve argued with on another thread who isn’t involved here because that is harassment. Show me where I’ve done that in the past 5 days!

Then show me the list of who has flagged you to prove it is all the same people, all members of FF and it is targetted harassment and not you breaking the forum code of conduct!

3 Likes

And did you flag each trolling post you did see?

I will be very blunt here, if you continue to name and shame YOU will be the one who is flagged and these will add up and lead to a ban. I will say this again, if you see posts you believe are trolling/abusive/derailing then flag them, don’t get into flaming wars.

If you think you are being harassed/bullied, then open a ticket and link the threads and reasons you think why you are being harrassed.

I can see you feel strongly about this and I am in no way trying to demean your feelings, but I do think you are going about this in the wrong way.

2 Likes

Daestra don’t get into it, this is what he wants! A reaction directly from you.

I do but nothing happens, and in fact they are trying to censor me instead (and the 2 most aggressive/trollish ones did not even understood that they are on ignore to dodge any of their baits)

If no action was taken it is most likely that no rule was broken, there is a pinned Welcome message which also includes the code of conduct. It explains everything:-

This is a common misconception on the forums, usually perpetuated by others claiming there is some kind of coordination going on. It takes all of five flags to bury a topic. All flagged topics are reviewed by a human being, a moderator. They will judge whether or not any rules were broken. Then a suitable punishment (if necessary) will be given to the poster. Poster get a notification if their posts are buried and another if action is taken. An email will confirm the offense. You can then accept you did wrong, learn from it, or if you feel you are wronged you can appeal. The more punishments you get the longer and longer the time outs will become. It is always worth appealling even if that appeal will take longer than the time away.

We are all subject to the same rules. I always report rule breaking posts, the most common rule break I observe is swearing, by passing the language filter. Second most common seems to be attacking others.

1 Like

No you aren’t and the post I linked shows the truth, trolling another users for being aggressive while he was not, flagging another user for calling out the troll attempt and finally the mocking of the flagged user by the usual “haha I have ignored you”